SENNHEISER RS175 Wireless Headphones Manual
Important safety information
- Read this instruction manual carefully and completely before using the product.
- Always include this safety guide when passing the product on to third parties.
- Do not use an obviously defective product.
Preventing damage to health and accidents
- Protect your hearing from high volume levels. Permanent hearing damage may occur when headphones are used at high volume levels for long periods of time. Sennheiser headphones sound exceptionally good at low and medium volume levels.
- Do not use the product in situations that require special attention (e.g. in traffic or when performing skilled jobs).
- The product generates stronger permanent magnetic fields that could cause interference with cardiac pacemakers, implanted defibrillators (ICDs) and other implants. Always maintain a distance of at least 3.94″/10 cm between the product component containing the magnet and the cardiac pacemaker, implanted defibrillator, or other implants.
- Do not use the product near water and do not expose it to rain or moisture to reduce the risk of fire or electric shock.
- Keep the product, accessories and packaging parts out of reach of children and pets to prevent accidents. Swallowing and choking hazards.
- Use only power supply units provided by Sennheiser.
In extreme cases, the standard/rechargeable batteries may leak and may cause the following hazards if abused or misused:
The RS 175 digital wireless headphone system
Taking home entertainment to the next level, Sennheiser’s RS 175 offers an impressive range of features in a compact, ergonomic package, so that you can enjoy music and television to the fullest. The Bass Boost and Surround Sound listening modes will allow you to experience your home entertainment system like never before – the former increases the audio bass response while the two virtual surround modes offer a more spatial and livelier stereo sound.
- Closed, circumoral headphones with excellent digital wireless audio transmission
- Exceptional digital audio clarity and transmission range of up to 100 m/328 ft. (line of sight)
- Enables switching between dynamic bass and virtual surround sound listening modes for situational sound customization
- Supports analog and digital audio inputs and allows toggling between the inputs
- Intelligently designed controls for maximum ease of use
- Multi-purpose transmitter – also functions as an “easy-charge“ cradle and docking station
- Multi-receiver transmission – transmitter supports up to two pairs of headphones simultaneously
- Ergonomic design for enhanced wearing comfort
- 2-year warranty
Overview of the HDR 175 headphones
- Charging contacts
- Ear cups/Battery compartments
- SURR Virtual surround sound button
- Volume + button
- Volume – button
- BASS button
- HDR power button
- HDR status LED
Overview of indicators
The LED indicators on the headphones and on the transmitter indicate the current operating state. If you are not using the headphones, the LED indicators automatically dim after approx. 30 seconds to not disturb you.
Cleaning and maintaining the RS 175
Liquids can damage the electronics of the product! Liquids entering the housing of the product can cause a short-circuit an d damage the electronics.
- Keep all liquids away from the product.
- Do not use any cleansing agents or solvents.
- Switch your wireless headphone system off and disconnect the transmitter from the AC wall outlet before cleaning.
- Clean the product only with a soft, dry cloth.
Replacing the ear pads
For reasons of hygiene, you should replace the ear pads from time to time . Spare ear pads are available at your local Sennheiser partner.
- Lightly twist the ear pads counterclockwise until you overcome a slight resistance.
- Lift the ear pads off the ear cups and dispose of them properly.
- Hook the new ear pads onto the ear cups. Observe the L (left) an d R (right) markings on the rear of the ear pads.
- Twist the ear pads clockwise until you hear a click sound. Ensure that they are locked firmly onto the ear cups.
Carrier frequency… 2.40 to 2.48 GHz
Modulation… 8-FSK Digital
SNR… analog input: typ. 85 dB at digital input: > 90 dB
RF output power… max. 10 dBm
Transmission range… up to 100 m/328 ft. line of sight
Max. number of… 2
Temperature range… Operation: 0°C to +40°C/32°F to 104°F Storage: -25°C to +70°C/-13°F to 158°F
Relative humidity… Operation: 10 to 80%, non condensing Storage: 10 to 90%