Black and Decker BHFEA520J Stick Vac Manual
- Failure to follow the warnings and instructions listed below may result in electric shock, fire and/or serious injury.
- The intended use is described in this manual.
- Retain this manual for future reference.
- This appliance contains batteries that are only replaceable by skilled persons.
Using your appliance
- Do not use the appliance to pick up liquids or any materials that could catch fire.
- Do not use without a dust bag and/or filters in place
- Do not use the appliance near the water.
- Do not immerse the appliance in water.
- Never pull the charger lead to disconnect the charger from the socket. Keep the charger lead away from heat, oil and sharp edges.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
Inspection and repairs
Check for breakage of parts, damage to switches, and any other conditions that may affect its operation.
- Do not use the appliance if any part is damaged or defective.
- Have any damaged or defective parts repaired or replaced by an authorized repair agent?
- Regularly check the charger lead for damage. Replace the charger if the lead is damaged or defective.
Your BLACK+DECKER cordless appliance has been designed to operate over a long period of time with a minimum of maintenance. Continuous satisfactory operation depends upon proper tool care and regular cleaning. Warning! Before performing any maintenance on cordless appliances:
- Run the battery down completely if it is integral and then switch it off.
- Unplug the charger before cleaning it. Your charger does not require any maintenance apart from regular cleaning.
- Regularly clean the ventilation slots in your appliance/ charger using a soft brush or dry cloth.
- Regularly clean the motor housing using a damp cloth. Do not use any abrasive or solvent-based cleaner
These risks can arise from misuse, prolonged use etc. Even with the application of the relevant safety regulations and the implementation of safety devices, certain residual risks can not be avoided. These include:
- Injuries caused by touching any rotating/moving parts.
- Injuries caused by prolonged use of a tool.
- Impairment of hearing.
- Fix the storage station to the wall using appropriate screws and plugs for the type of wall, and weight of the appliance.
Continuous satisfactory operation depends upon proper tool care and regular cleaning.
- Your charger does not require any maintenance apart from regular cleaning.
- Regularly clean the ventilation slots in your appliance/charger using a soft brush or dry cloth.
- Regularly clean the motor housing using a damp cloth. Do not use any abrasive or solvent-based cleaner.
Replacing the filters
Replacement filters are available from your BLACK+DECKER dealer.
- Remove the old filters as described above.
- Fit the new filters as described above.
Protecting the environment
Z Separate collection. Products and batteries marked with this symbol must not be disposed of with normal household waste. Products and batteries contain materials that can be recovered or recycled reducing the demand for raw materials. Please recycle electrical products and batteries according to local provisions.
Further information is available at www.2helpU.com Service Information Black & Decker offers a full network of company-owned and authorized service locations throughout Asia. All Black & Decker Service Centers are staffed with trained personnel to provide customers with efficient and reliable product service. Whether you need technical advice, repair, or genuine factory replacement parts, contact the Black & Decker location nearest to you.
- Black & Decker’s policy is one of continuous improvement to our products and, as such, we reserve the right to change product specifications without prior notice.
- Standard equipment and accessories may vary by country.
- Product specifications may differ by country. u Complete product range may not be available in all countries. Contact your local Black & Decker dealers for range availability.
TWO-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Black & Decker (U.S.) Inc. warranties this product to be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of two (2) years following the date of purchase, provided that the product is used in a home environment. This limited warranty does not cover failures due to abuse, accidental damage, or when repairs have been made or attempted by anyone other than BLACK+DECKER and its Authorized Service Centers.
Please check with the retailer for its specific return policy regarding time limits for returns or exchanges. The second option is to take or send the product (prepaid) to a BLACK+DECKER-owned or authorized Service Center for repair or replacement at BLACK+DECKER’s option. Proof of purchase may be required.
BLACK+DECKER-owned and authorized service centers are listed online at www.blackanddecker.com. This warranty does not apply to accessories. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other rights which vary from state to state. Should you have any questions, contact the manager of your nearest BLACK+DECKER Service Center. This product is not intended for commercial use, and accordingly, such commercial use of this product will void this warranty. All other guarantees, express or implied, are hereby disclaimed.
This warranty does not apply to products sold in Latin America. For products sold in Latin America, check country-specific warranty information contained in the packaging, call the local company, or see the website for such information. Recommended accessories for use with your appliance are available from your local dealer or authorized service center. If you need assistance regarding accessories, please call: 1-800-544-6986.
All BLACK+DECKER Service Centers are staffed with trained personnel to provide customers with efficient and reliable power tool service. Whether you need technical advice, repair, or genuine factory replacement parts, contact the BLACK+DECKER location nearest you. To find your local service location, call: 1-800-544-6986 or visit www.blackanddecker.com