Brass Monkey GH1640 Portable Dual Zone Fridge/Freezer Guide
- Dual fridge and freezer zone
- AC or DC power connections
- High-efficiency DC compressor and conversion module
- Dual mode operation (Max & Economy)
- Digital temperature display with adjustable control
- 3 Year Warranty
- 3-stage low voltage battery protection
- Handle and wheels
- USB port to charge USB devices
- 1 x Portable Dual Zone Fridge/Freezer
- 1 x Mains Power Lead
- 1 x 10/04V Car Cigarette Power | lead
- Input Voltage: 12/24VDC, 240VAC
- Average Power Consumption: 45W +/-5W
- Power Consumption: 0.25kw.h/24hr
- Rated Current: -20°C to +20°C
- Temperature Range: (with ambient temperature at 25°C)
- Refrigerant: R134a
- Insulation: 100% CFC & HFC free PU Foam insulation
- The installation of DC power sources in a boat must be handled by a qualified electrician
- Make sure to connect power to the suitable voltage socket
- No electrical devices are to be used inside the product
- The product can be powered on only after being unpacked and put on a flat-level surface for over 6 hours
- Fridge operating angle:- The fridge can be operated indefinitely at up to 5 degrees, and can be operated at between 6 and 45 degrees for up to 30mins.
- The product must be well-ventilated. Ensure there is a minimum of 200mm clearance at the back and 100mm around the sides
- The product should be in a well-ventilated space, away from heat sources. Try to avoid direct exposure to sunlight
- Keep product stable
- When there is water inside the tank, do not turn the product upside down to empty. Dry the water, do not soak it in water
- Do not put metal in the air inlet vent, outlet vent, or gap
- Do not connect with power except 12/24VDC, or the 240VAC to 12VDC power adapter (included)
- Do not soak the product in water or wash it with water
- The product should not be repaired. If there are any issues please consult the place of purchase
- Turn off the product before cleaning to avoid electric shocks or other issues.
How to Turn on the Fridge
- Connect to power
- Press and hold the power button for three seconds
- The internal temperature will display and the compressor will start
- Only one internal temperature will be displayed if the zone divider is removed.
SET: Press button to enter different modes, ECO (Energy Saving Mode), and MAX (Fast Cooling Mode). The factory setting is MAX
Press the button + or – and set the temperature to 20°C ~ -20°C.
Setting the temperature of the product:
- Left zone (Fridge): 5°C
- Right Zone (Freezer): -15°C
- Left zone (Fridge): 5°C
- Right Zone (Fridge): 5°C
- Left zone (Freezer): -15°C Right Zone (Freezer): – 15°C
- The temperature of the left zone can not be set lower than that of the right zone.
Turning the left zone ON or OFF
To conserve energy, the square (left) zone can be turned off by pressing and holding down the + and – buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds. Do the same to turn the square (left) zone back on.
USING IN CAR
The product has a three-level battery protection function, which not only guarantees the normal operation of the product but also protects the battery of the vehicle. When in the power-on state, long press the SET button for 3 seconds, and the display screen flashes H, select low voltage production L(ow), M(medium), and High) by clicking the SET button. The factory default is set to H(high) protection.
H should be set when the product is connected to car power, and M or L should be set when it is connected to a portable battery or other backup battery. Because of the different output voltages between vehicles, the battery gear can be set from H to M or from M to L if there is a voltage protection code F1 shown on the panel. The battery gear should be set to H if the product will keep working after turning off the car engine, or if the product may drain the battery.
CLEANING & MAINTENANCE
- Do not wash the product with water or soak.
- Please pull up the plug before cleaning the product to avoid electrical shock.
- Drain the product simply by removing the plug at the bottom.
- Clean it with a soft wet cloth.
If you will not use the product for a long period, ensure you:
- Turn it off and pull up the plug.
- Remove everything from inside it.
- Drain the leftover water through the outlet vent or dry it with a soft cloth.
- Keep away from wet or humid places.
- The product is not working:
- Check the power supply is working
- Check if the plug and socket are connected
- Check the fuse
- Check the power switch on the control panel is on
- The compressor starts delay protection for 3 minutes after turning on
- Food inside the product is frozen:
- Temperature is set too low
- Water flowing sound inside the tank:
- The Refrigerant is flowing, this is normal
- Water drops around the case or door gap:
- When moisture in the air meets the lower temperature case, it will naturally become liquefied and condensed. Wipe away with a towel or soft cloth
- Code F1 displayed:
- Low voltage protection, which can be solved by setting the battery protection button from H to M or from M to L
- Code F2 displayed:
- Fan overload protection. Please turn off the product and restart it after 30 minutes. If the code displays again, please contact the place of purchase
- Code F3 displayed:
- Compressor frequent start protection. Please turn off the product and restart it after 30 minutes. If the code displays again, please contact the place of purchase
- Code F4 displayed:
- The compressor is overloaded or working at a low speed. Please turn off the product and restart it after 30 minutes. If the code displays again, please contact the place of purchase.
The warranty for this product is 3 years from the date of purchase. During the warranty period, the following are excluded from coverage:
- Intentional damage
- Damage by fire, flood, etc
- Damage or malfunction caused by incorrect usage and not following this user manual
- Damage or malfunction caused by disassembling