Breville Smart Waffle Instruction Manual
IMPORTANT SAFETY GUARD
Read all instructions BEFORE USE AND SAVE FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs. Always use oven mitts.
- To protect against electrical shock do not immerse cord, plugs, or this appliance in water or any other liquid.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before adding or removing parts, and before cleaning the appliance.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions, or has
been damaged in any other manner.Immediately cease use and call Breville Consumer Support for examination,repair or adjustment.
- The use of accessory attachments not recommended by Breville may cause injuries.
- Do not use outdoors.
KNOW YOUR BREVILLE PRODUCT
- A. POWER/MENU dial Select from four batter types and a custom setting.
- B. Top plate lid Integrated switch automatically starts the countdown timer when the lid is closed.
- C. Storage locking clip
- D. LCD with countdown timer Color changing LCD turns orange to indicate cooking cycle has commenced.
- E. Browning control dial 12 different settings allow you to customize your waffle color from light
- F. Restart timer button
- G. Integrated moat No mess, no waste.
- H. Stainless steel housing
- I. Breville Assist™ plug (not shown)
- J. PFOA-free non-stick Prevents waffles from sticking.
- K. Die-cast aluminum cooking plates Thicker cooking plates for better heat retention and even browning.
- L. A Bit More™ button
OPERATING YOUR BREVILLE PRODUCT
Before first use, remove and safely discard any packing material, promotional labels and tape from the waffle maker.
- Wipe the waffle maker cooking plates with a damp sponge or cloth. Dry thoroughly.
- Place the waffle maker on a flat, dry surface.Ensure there is a minimum distance of 4″ (10cm) of space on all sides of the waffle maker. Ensure there are no items on top of the waffle maker.
- Unwind the power cord completely and insert the power plug into a grounded 110/120V power outlet.
- Turn the POWER/MENU dial clockwise until the dial indicator reaches the desired waffle type or choose the CUSTOM setting.HEATING will be displayed on the LCD.
NOTE When the waffle maker is turned on for the first time, it may emit vapors. It is safe and not detrimental to the performance of the appliance.
- There are 12 browning settings ranging from ‘1’ (lightest) to ’12’ (darkest). The default browning setting is ‘6’. Use the Light-Dark browning control dial to adjust the brownness of your waffle. Rotate
clockwise to increase brownness, or rotate counterclockwise to reduce the brownness for a lighter colored waffle.
CARE & CLEANING
Before cleaning, ensure the POWER | MENU dial is set to the OFF position and then remove the power plug from the power outlet.Allow your waffle maker to cool a bit before cleaning. The waffle maker is easier to clean
when slightly warm.Always clean your waffle maker after each use to prevent a buildup of baked-on foods. Wipe cooking plates and overflow moat with a soft cloth to remove food residue.
PFOA-free Non-stick Coating
Cooking on a non-stick surface minimizes the need for oil, food does not stick and cleaning is easier. Any discoloration that may occur will only detract from the appearance of the waffle maker and will not affect the cooking performance. When cleaning the non-stick coating, do not use metal (or other abrasive) scourers. Wash with warm soapy water.Remove stubborn residue with a non abrasive plastic scouring pad or nylon washing brush.
To store your waffle maker:
- Ensure the POWER | MENU dial is set to the OFF position and then unplug power cord from the power outlet.
- Allow the waffle maker to fully cool.
- Set the top plate storage clip into the locked position.
- Wrap the power cord in the cord wrap area below the waffle maker.
- Store on a flat, dry level surface.
NOTE The storage clip should not be used to clamp down the top plate when batter is in the cooking plates.
CLASSIC WAFFLE BATTER
Makes 8 waffles
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 5 oz unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1K teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups self-rising flour
- 3 tablespoons baker’s sugar
- Place eggs, milk, butter and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Combine flour and sugar into a second large mixing bowl and make a well in the center.
- Carefully whisk in egg-milk mixture to form a smooth batter.
- Select CLASSIC setting and set the browning control dial to setting 6.
- Preheat the waffle maker until the LCD color changes to orange and HEATING disappears.
- Pour ½ cup of batter into each waffle square and close lid to cook.
- At the end of the cooking cycle, open the lid and carefully remove your waffles.
- Repeat with remaining batter.