Dimplex FW550S Frost Protection Convector User Manual
To ensure safe operation, the heater may only be installed and connected in accordance with these installation and operating instructions. Read all information contained in this manual carefully. Keep these instructions in a safe place and pass them on to any new owner.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience or knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision!
- Children of less than 3 years should be kept away unless continuously supervised!
- Children aged from 3 years and less than 8 years shall only switch on/off the appliance provided that it has been placed or installed in its intended normal operating position and they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved.
- Children aged from 3 years and less than 8 years shall not plug in, regulate and clean the appliance or perform user maintenance!
- Some parts of this product can become very hot and cause burns! Particular attention has to be given where children and vulnerable people are present!
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard!
- The heater must not be located above or below a socket outlet!
- In order to avoid overheating, do not cover the heater!
- Do not use the appliance in room with bath, shower or swimming pool or in the vicinity of wash basins or water connections!
- The heater carries the warning symbol indicating that it must not be covered!
- The installation of this heater must be carried out by a competent electrician in accordance with the current safety regulations.
- The heater may only be used for heating room air in enclosed spaces.
- Repairs to the appliance, or any other interventions, may only be performed by qualified persons or the after-sales customer service.
- In the event of any defect or during extended periods of non-use, the heater must be disconnected from the power supply. Deactivate or remove fuse.
- Do not use the appliance in areas where flammable gases or liquids are stored or used.
- If the appliance is switched on automatically while unattended, potential hazards may exist, e.g. appliances that have been covered or obstructed in your absence may pose a risk of fire!
- Install the device such that it is not possible for someone in the bath or shower to touch the control element!
- In order to avoid a hazard due to inadvertent resetting of the thermal cutout, this appliance must not be supplied through an external switching device, such as a timer or connected to a circuit that is regularly switched on and off by the utility!
- Do not place the power supply cord over the heater!
- Device not attached near curtains, draperies and other flammable materials!
The device plug must be accessible after installation. The heating device must be aligned horizontally and installed on a vertical wall (see illustration).
- Make sure that the inflow and outflow of air at the top and bottom of the device are unimpeded.
- In addition, a minimum clearance of 500 mm between inflammable objects e.g. curtains, towels or heat-sensitive plastics and the front of the unit must be maintained.
- Installation below a wall socket is not permissible. Minimum clearances must be observed.
- It is not permissible to install the device in protection zones as defined in current regulations.
Use the original wall bracket supplied!
- Drill the mounting holes and insert dowels.
- Screw the wall bracket into place.
- Hang the heating device in place.
- Screw the heating device into place on both sides of the wall bracket.
- The voltage specified on the type plate must match the present mains voltage.
- If the power line of this device is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer or after-sales service, or else by a similarly qualified person, in order to prevent risks.
- The device plug must always be accessible.
- To prevent danger by accidental resetting of the ther- mal tripping unit, this device must not be supplied via external switching devices (e.g. timers) or connected to a circuit that is regularly switched on and off by the utility company.
- The room temperature is regulated using the infinitely adjustable thermostat (A).
- If the rotary knob is set to the lowest setting i.e. to the extreme left, the thermostat switches the heating device on at an ambient temperature of approx. 10° C. When the thermostat switches on, the red lamp lights up (B).
Rooms can become overheated if left unattended whilst being heated; this depends on the size of the room, its heating requirements and the setting of the thermostat. Persons who are not able to vacate the room if the temperature becomes too high can thus be placed in danger.
The necessary heat demand for frost protection must be met by the heating capacity of the unit and must be determined by the specialist.
Protection Against Overheating
- If the permissible temperature is exceeded, the heating device switches off automatically. If this occurs, pull the mains plug out and leave the device unplugged for a few minutes so that the temperature limiter can switch back again.
- Then remove the cause, e.g. when the air grid is blocked or covered. When the device has cooled sufficiently, it can be started up again.
If the heating device does not give off heat, check the following points:
- Has the thermostat been set to the desired temperature?
- Has the overheat protection been triggered? See chapter 4.1!
- Is the fuse in the fuse box switched on?
- If you cannot remedy the fault, please contact your retailer.
- If required, you can also address your queries to the service hotline of Glen Dimplex Deutschland GmbH.
Tel: +49 (0) 9221 709-564
Fax: +49 (0) 9221 709-589
- To process your order, please state the device type as well as its production number (E No.) and production date (FD). This information is listed on the type plate. Repairs and corrective measures must only be carried out by a qualified electrician or by your after-sales service.
- To clean the device, first disconnect it from the mains and allow it to cool down.
- Clean the outside of the unit using a soft, damp cloth.
- Do not use scouring powder or furniture polish as this may damage the surface.
- Dust which gathers inside the device can be removed from the outside using a vacuum cleaner.
Heat output 500 W
Connection voltage 1/N/PE~, 230 – 240 V
Degree of protection IP20
Safety class I (with protective conductor)
Dimensions (W x H x D) 260 x 242 x 121 mm
Weight 1.1 kg
This product is supplied with a two-year warranty according to our terms of guarantee.