GARMIN REACTOR™ Autopilot Remote Manual
Important Safety Information
See the Important Safety and Product Information guide in the product box for product warnings and other important information.
You are responsible for the safe and prudent operation of your vessel. The autopilot is a tool that enhances your capability to operate your boat. It does not relieve you of the responsibility of safely operating your boat. Avoid navigational hazards and never leave the helm unattended.
Always be prepared to promptly regain manual control of your boat.
Learn to operate the autopilot on calm and hazard-free open water.
Use caution when operating the autopilot near hazards in the water, such as docks, pilings, and other boats.
The remote control operates using two AA batteries (not included). Use lithium batteries for best results.
- Turn the D-ring counter-clockwise, and pull up to remove the cover.
- Insert two AA batteries, observing polarity.
- Replace the battery cover, and turn the D-ring clockwise.
Attaching a Lanyard
- Starting from the back of the remote control, insert the loop of the lanyard through the slot.
- Thread the other end of the lanyard through the loop, and pull it tight.
- If necessary, place the lanyard around your neck or wrist to tether it during use.
Installing the Cradle
You can install the included cradle to hold the remote control when not in use.
- Using the cradle as a template, mark the pilot hole locations on the mounting surface.
- Set the cradle aside. Do not drill through the cradle.
- Using a 3 mm (1/8 in.) drill bit, drill the pilot holes.
- Using the included screws, secure the cradle to the mounting surface.
Pairing the Remote Control
Before you can use the remote control with your autopilot system, you must pair the remote control with a helm control, such as a GHC™ 20, or a compatible chartplotter connected to the same NMEA 2000® network as the autopilot system.
Pairing the Remote Control with a Helm Control
- On the helm control, select Menu > Setup > Remote > Search for Remote.
Enabled appears on the screen.
- On the remote control, select > Pair with GHC.
The helm control beeps and shows a confirmation message.
- Select Connect.
Pairing the Wireless Remote Control with a Chart plotter
- On the chart plotter, select Settings > Communications > Wireless Devices > Wireless Remotes > Autopilot
- If necessary, select Enable.
- Select New Connection.
- On the remote control, select > Pair with MFD.
The chart plotter beeps and shows a confirmation message.
- On the chart plotter, select Yes to complete the pairing process.