Instant Multi-Function Coffee Manker User Manual
Welcome to your new Instant Solo Coffee Maker!
Whether it’s a Keurig K-Cup®* pod or your favorite ground coffee, you can brew a delicious cup of café-quality coffee quickly and in your own home! This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the part responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation.
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and the receiver.
- Connect the equipment to an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Read all instructions before using and only use this appliance as directed. Failure to follow these Important Safeguards may result in injury and/or property damage and will void your warranty. When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and injury to persons.
- DO operate the appliance on a stable, non-combustible, level surface.
- DO NOT place the appliance on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
- DO NOT use this coffee maker outdoors.
- DO NOT fill the water tank with mineral water, milk, or other liquids. Only fill the water tank with clean, cold water.
- DO NOT let the coffee maker operate without water.
- DO NOT use the appliance for anything then its intended use. Not for commercial use. For household use only.
- DO regularly inspect the appliance and power cord.
- DO only fill the water tank with clean, cold water.
- DO NOT fill the water tank with mineral water, milk, or other liquids.
- DO NOT leave the appliance exposed to sun, wind, and/or snow.
- DO operate and store the appliance above 32°F / 0°C
- DO NOT leave the appliance unattended when in use.
What’s in the box
Instant Multi-function coffee maker
Remember to recycle!
We designed this packaging with sustainability in mind. Please recycle everything that can be recycled where you live. Be sure to keep this User Manual for reference.
Here’s a look at the simple-to-use, easy-to-read Instant Multi-function coffee maker control panel.
Plugging in your Multi-function coffee maker
Before you plug in your Multi-function coffee maker, make sure your Multi-function coffee maker is on a dry, stable, and level surface. Once the Multi-function coffee maker is plugged in, press the power button, located above the Bold button. Your device is now in Function Selection mode. From here, you can begin brewing. See page 13 for brewing instructions. To turn off the Multi-function coffee maker, press the Power Button. After 30 minutes of inactivity, your coffee maker will enter standby mode. The LED control panel will dim. After another 2 hours of inactivity, the LED panel will shut off.
You can turn button-pressing sounds and reminder beeps on or off.
- Make sure your Instant Multi-function coffee maker is on.
- Press and hold the 4 oz and 6 oz espresso buttons at the same time for 3 seconds.
- Wait for the 4 oz and 6 oz buttons to blink twice. To turn button-pressing sounds on, repeat the above instructions — the 4 oz and 6 oz buttons will blink three times. Note: The device failure sound cannot be deactivated
If you’re using the Instant Multi-function coffee maker at +5,000 feet sea level, enable Altitude Mode before you brew. To turn Altitude Mode on
- Make sure your Instant Multi-function coffee maker is on.
- Press and hold the 8 oz and 10 oz buttons at the same time for 3 seconds.
- Wait until the 8 oz and 10 oz buttons blink three times.
Low water alert
While or after brewing, your coffee maker will notify you the water tank is nearly empty. If this happens during a brewing cycle, the Water LED on the control panel will start flashing and the brewing program will continue. While in this low water state, both the Water LED and Power buttons will remain lit. You cannot run another brewing program until you add water to the tank.
- Either remove the water tank from the coffee maker or leave the tank on the unit.
- Fill the water tank with clean, cold water.
- Place the water tank back onto the coffee maker or close the water tank lid.
- Begin brewing your next cup of coffee. You must add water before brewing your next cup of coffee. DO NOT operate this coffeemaker without water in the water tank.
Initial set up
- Pull the Instant Multi-function coffee maker and all accessories out of the box.
- Remove all packaging materials from within and around the Instant Multi-function coffee maker.
- Place your Multi-function coffee maker on a dry, stable, and level surface.
- Place the water tank back on the coffee maker base.
- Plug in your Instant Multi-function coffee maker.
Clean before use
- Handwash the water tank and reusable coffee pod with warm water and dish soap. Rinse with warm, clear water.
- Lift the water tank up and remove the foam cushion from underneath the water tank. Stickers on the water tank may be removed.
- Place the water tank back on the base and press down to secure it.
- Wipe the water tank and accessories with a clean, dry cloth.
- With a damp cloth, wipe down the coffee maker base and control panel.
Before you brew your first cup of coffee, clean your Instant Multi-function coffee maker. Run the following cleaning program without a coffee pod or the reusable coffee pod.
- Lift the water tank from the back of the coffee maker and remove the water tank lid.
- 2. Fill the water tank with cold water to the MAX fill line as indicated on the water tank.
- Put the lid back onto the water tanks and place the water tank back onto the coffee maker.
- Place a large mug that can hold at least 10 oz of liquid beneath the brew spout and onto the drip tray.
- Close the brewing lid and ensure it’s securely latched. Press the 8 oz button. The key flashes as the water heats.
- The 8 oz button will illuminate and the coffee maker begins a brewing cycle, and hot water will pour from the brew spout. After the brewing cycle ends or is canceled and the water stops dripping from the spout, discard the water in the mug. To stop brewing at any time, touch 8 oz again.
- Place the mug back on the drip tray.
- Touch 10 oz. The button flashes as the water heats.
- The 10 oz button will illuminate and the coffee maker begins a brewing cycle, and hot water will pour from the brew spout. After the brewing cycle ends or is canceled and the water stops dripping from the spout, discard the water in the mug. To stop brewing at any time, touch 10 oz again.
One (1) Year Limited Warranty
This (1) Year Limited Warranty applies to purchases made from authorized retailers of Instant Brands Inc. (“Instant Brands”) by the original appliance owner and is not transferable. Proof of original purchase date and, if requested by Instant Brands, return of your appliance, is required to obtain service under this Limited Warranty. Provided the appliance was used in accordance with the use & care instructions, Instant Brands will, in its sole and exclusive discretion, either:
(i) repair defects in materials or workmanship, or (ii) replace the appliance. In the event that your appliance is replaced, the Limited Warranty on the replacement appliance will expire twelve (12) months from the date of receipt. Failure to register your product will not reduce your warranty rights. The liability of Instant Brands, if any, for any allegedly defective appliance or part will not exceed the purchase price of a comparable replacement appliance.
What is not covered by this warranty?
- Products purchased, used, or operated outside of the United States and Canada.
- Products that have been modified or attempted to be modified.
- Damage resulting from accident, alteration, misuse, abuse, neglect, unreasonable use, use contrary to the operating instructions, normal wear, and tear, commercial use, improper assembly, disassembly, failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance, fire, flood, acts of God, or repair by anyone unless directed by an Instant Brands representative.
- Use of unauthorized parts and accessories.
- Incidental and consequential damages.
- The cost of repair or replacement under these excluded circumstances.