Levoit LV-PUR131S Smart Air Purifier User Manual
- 1 × Smart Air Purifier
- 1 × High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filters (Pre-Installed)
- 1 × Fine Preliminary/True HEPA Combination Filters (Pre-Installed)
- 1 × Quick Start Guide
- 1 × User Manual
- Only use your air purifier as described in this manual.
- Do not use without removing the plastic wrap from the filter. The air purifier will not filter air and may overheat, causing a fire hazard.
- Do not use the air purifier outdoors.
- Keep the air purifier away from water, and wet or damp areas. Never place it in water or liquid.
- Do not use in excessively humid areas.
- Keep the air purifier away from heat sources.
- Do not use where combustible gases, vapors, metallic dust, aerosol (spray) products, or fumes from industrial oil are present.
- Keep 5 ft / 1.5 m away from where oxygen is being administered.
- Supervise children when they are near the air purifier. Do not allow children to play with the air purifier.
- Do not place anything into any opening in the air purifier.
- Do not sit on or place heavy objects on the air purifier.
- Keep the inside of the air purifier dry. To prevent moisture buildup, avoid placing in rooms with major temperature changes or underneath air conditioners.
- Always unplug the air purifier before servicing (such as changing the filter).
- Do not use the air purifier if it is damaged or not working correctly, or if the cord or plug is damaged. Do not try to repair it yourself. Contact Customer Support
- WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not use this air purifier with any solid-state speed controls (such as a dimmer switch).
- Children should not clean or perform maintenance on the air purifier without supervision.
- • This air purifier is not to be used by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capacities, or lack of experience and knowledge.
Power & Cord
- Keep the air purifier near the outlet it is plugged into.
- Never place the cord near any heat source.
- Do not cover the cord with a rug, carpet, or other covering. Do not place the cord under furniture or appliances.
- Keep the cord out of areas where people walk often. Place the cord where it will not be tripped over.
- This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
- This air purifier uses standard North American 120V, 60Hz outlets. If using outside the US or Canada, check for compatibility.
- If the power supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by Arovast Corporation or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid an electric or fire hazard. Please contact Customer Support.
Electromagnetic Fields (EMF)
Your Levoit air purifier complies with all standards regarding electromagnetic fields (EMF). If handled properly and according to the instructions in this user manual, the appliance is safe to use based on scientific evidence available today.
GETTING TO KNOW YOUR SMART AIR PURIFIER
- A. LED Display
- B. Touch-Control Panel
- C. Dust Sensor Lens
- D. Dust Sensor Cover
- E. Button Vent
- F. Filter Indicator Reset Button
- G. Housing
- H. Safety Switch
- I. High-Efficiency Activated
- Carbon Filter
- J. Fine Preliminary Filter
- K. H13 True HEPA Filter
- L. Filter Cover
- A. On/Off Indicator
- B. Wi-Fi® Indicator
- C. Check Filter Indicator
- D. Timer Display
- E. Air Quality Indicator
- F. Auto Mode
- G. Sleep Mode
- H. Fan Speed
- Turns the air purifier on/off.
- Press and hold for 5 seconds to configure the air purifier. See the VeSync in-app instructions for more information.
- Press and hold for 15 seconds to reset the air purifier and disconnect it.
- Turns Sleep Mode on/of.
- Press and hold for 3 seconds to reset the Check Filter Indicator.
- Cycles through timer options.
- Press and hold for 2 seconds to begin cycling through the timer options in 1-hour increments.
Air Quality Indicator
- Displays air quality using the automatic dust sensor inside the air purifier.
- The air purifier may take up to 1 minute to detect air quality.
- Open the filter cover of the air purifier and remove both filters from their plastic packaging. [Figure 1.1]
- Place the High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter back into the air purifier, followed by the Fine Preliminary/True HEPA Combination Filter. Make sure the pull tabs on both filters are facing out. [Figure 1.2]
- Replace the filter cover by lining up the cover’s feet with the slots in the bottom of the housing. Make sure that the triangular piece at the bottom of the cover is touching the safety switch. [Figure 1.3]
- . Push the cover closed.
- Place the air purifier on a hard, flat surface. Leave 15 in / 38 cm of clearance on all sides of the air purifier. [Figure 1.4] Note: Do not remove the foam piece attached to the dust sensor cover unless instructed by Customer Support. [Figure 1.5]
VeSync App Setup
The VeSync app is continually being improved and may change over time. If there are any differences, follow the in-app instructions.
- To download the VeSync app, scan the QR code or search “VeS
sync” in the Apple App Store® or Google Play Store.
Note: For Android™ users, choose “Allow” to use VeSync.
- Open the VeSync app. If you already have an account, tap login. To create a new account, tap Sign Up.
Note: You must create your own VeSync account to use third-party services and products. These will not work with a guest account. With a VeSync account, you can also allow your family and friends to control your smart air fryer.
Note: The VeSync app is continually updated and app features will expand. Note: The VeSync app is continually being improved and may change over time. If there are any differences, follow the in-app instructions. The VeSync app allows you to access additional smart air fryer functions, including those listed below. Note: For Android™ users, choose “Allow” to use VeSync. 2. Open the VeSync app. If you already have an account, tap login. To create a new account, tap Sign Up.
- Tap + and select your smart air fryer.
- Follow the in-app instructions to set up your smart air fryer.
USING YOUR SMART AIR PURIFIER
Note: Using the VeSync app allows you to control your air purifier remotely and access additional functions and features.
- Plug in and pressto turn the air purifier on/off. The fan will start at a low speed.
- Optionally, pressto increase fan speed. You can also select Auto or Sleep Mode, or set a timer.
- For best results, or to address a specific air quality issue such as smoke, run the air purifier at high speed for 15–20 minutes before using a lower speed.
- To effectively clean air, keep windows closed while the air purifier is operating.
When the air purifier is plugged in, it will remember its programmed settings while turned off and resume those settings when turned back on.
You can set a timer for 1–12 hours
- Tap . The display will switch from showing the PM2.5 reading to the time you’ve selected.
- Tap repeatedly to select a time in 1-hour increments. If you don’t touch any buttons for 5 seconds, the display will switch to showing the PM2.5 reading and the timer will start automatically.
Note: Press and holdfor 2 seconds to cycle through timer options automatically in 1-hour increments.
- The timer will count down from your selected time.
As a safety feature, the air purifier will automatically turn off if the filter cover is removed.
VeSync App Features
The VeSync app allows you to access additional smart air fryer functions, including those listed below.
- All smart air fryer functions can be controlled remotely, except for starting cooking (to comply with UL safety regulations).
Air Quality Updates
- View real-time PM2.5 updates in the app.
- See your air quality history for the last four weeks.
- Access Light Detection, which uses the light sensor to detect the amount of light in the room and automatically adjusts air purifier settings.
- Set a timer between 1–24 hours.
- Easily view the exact time remaining on a timer.
Filter Replacement Info
- Keep tabs on the remaining filter life by checking the filter life percentage in the app.
- Shop for replacement filters.
- Access additional auto modes: Quiet Auto Mode, Efficient Auto Mode, and ECO Auto Mode.
- Quiet Auto Mode only uses low and medium fan speeds, even when the air quality is poor, to avoid making too much noise.
- Efficient Auto Mode lets you choose the size of the area you want to purify. The air purifier will use the highest fan speed (turbo) to clean the air for a designated amount of time. This time is based on 1 ACH and the size of the room, meaning how long it takes for the air purifier to clean all the air in your room one time, regardless of the air quality. After this, the mode will adjust the fan speed according to the actual detected air quality in the room.
Note: Efficient Auto Mode is useful for purifying odors from the air. The air purifier’s sensor can only detect particles in the air, not smells. Efficient Auto Mode does not rely only on the sensor, but also the room size.
- ECO Auto Mode allows the fan speed to turn on/off intermittently when air quality is Very Good, to save electricity. When air quality is poor, the fan speed will be increased like standard Auto Mode.
ABOUT THE FILTERS
This air purifier uses a 3-stage filtration system to purify air.
- A. Pre-Filter
- Captures large particles such as dust, lint, fibers, hair, and pet fur.
- Maximizes the filter’s life by protecting it.
- B. H13 True HEPA Filter
- Captures at least 99.97% of airborne particles 0.3 microns (µm) in size.
- Traps small particles such as fine dust, smoke particles, and allergens such as pollen and pet dander.
- C. Custom High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter
- Physically adsorbs smoke, odors, and fumes.
- Customized using Levoit’s exclusive ARC Formula™ to be especially effective for cooking smells and pet odors in a multi-pet household.
- The ARC Formula extends the life of the filter by chemically decomposing molecules trapped within the Activated Carbon Filter, which prevents oversaturation and secondhand pollution.
- Filters compounds such as formaldehyde, benzene, ammonia, hydrogen sulfide, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
Levoit air purifiers filter airborne particles 0.3 microns in size. Arovast Corporation makes no claims that this air purifier helps reduce the COVID-19 virus.
Clean Air Delivery Rate
This air purifier has a Clean Air Delivery Rate of 410 cubic feet per minute (CFM), or 697 m³/h. Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) measures the efficiency of an air purifier by indicating the volume of clean air that an air purifier produces per minute. This is based on the removal of dust, pollen, and smoke, which are the 3 most common indoor air pollutants. The higher the CADR, the more particles the air purifier will remove and the larger the area it can clean. The rating is measured at the air purifier’s highest speed.
Air Change Per Hour
The air change rate is how many times all of the air in a room can be purified (or “changed”) by the air purifier in 1 hour. Air changes per hour (ACH) are calculated with the recommended room size assuming 8 ft / 2.4 m ceilings. For smaller rooms, the air change per hour will increase. This air purifier can change air 5 times per hour at the max speed in a single, closed room up to 635 ft² / 59 m². This is measured at 5 ACH. The air purifier is effective for larger rooms, but air purification will take longer, with fewer air changes per hour. For example, the air purifier’s effective range is 1588 ft² / 147 m² based on 2 ACH, or purifying the air in the room 2 times per hour.
To effectively clean air, keep windows and doors closed while the air purifier is on.
Moisture may damage the filter. This air purifier should be used in an area with a humidity level below 85% RH. If you use the air purifier in excessively humid areas, the surface of the filter may become moldy.
Water or moisture will allow mold to grow. To solve a mold problem, get rid of the source of the moisture and clean up the mold.
Do not add essential oils to the air purifier or filter. The filter will become damaged by the oil and will eventually release an unpleasant smell. Do not use diffusers near the air purifier.
CARE & MAINTENANCE
Cleaning the Smart Air Purifier
- Unplug before cleaning.
- Wipe the outside of the air purifier with a soft, dry cloth. If necessary, wipe the housing with a damp cloth, then immediately dry.
- Vacuum the inside of the air purifier.
- Do not clean with abrasive chemicals or flammable cleaning agents.
Check Filter Indicator
The Check Filter Indicator will light up as a reminder to check the filters. Depending on how often you use the air purifier, the indicator should turn on at about 6–8 months. You may not need to change your filters yet, but you should check them when the indicator light turns on. When your air purifier is set up with the VeSync app, you can also check the app to see your remaining filter life. You will also receive a notification from VeSync when it’s time to check your filter.
The VeSync app uses a scientific algorithm to determine your filter life based on air quality, amount of use, and other factors. This will provide a more accurate estimate than the Check Filter Indicator. The VeSync filter life percentage is based on 12 hours of daily use. Reset the Check Filter Indicator by pressing the black Filter Indicator Reset Button in the vent on the side of the air purifier.
Replacing the Filters
- Unplug the air purifier, then remove the filter cover.
- Remove the old filters.
- Clean out any remaining dust or hair inside the air purifier using a vacuum hose. Do not use water or liquids to clean the air purifier.
- Unwrap the new filters. Place the HighEfficiency Activated Carbon Filter inside the housing. Make sure the pull tabs are facing out.
- Install the Fine Preliminary/True HEPA Combination Filter into the housing. Make sure the pull tabs are facing out.
- Replace the filter cover. The air purifier will not turn on unless the filter cover is replaced correctly.
- Reset the Check Filter Indicator
When Should I Replace the Filter?
The filter should be replaced every 6–8 months. You may need to replace your filter earlier or later depending on how often you use your air purifier. Using your air purifier in an environment with relatively high pollution may mean you will need to change the filter more often, even ifis off. You may need to replace your filter if you notice:
- Increased noise when the air purifier is on
- Decreased airflow
- Unusual odor rs
- A visibly clogged filter
- To maintain the performance of your air purifier, only use official Levoit filters. To buy replacement filters, visit Levoit’s online store. Go to levoit.com for more information.
- Remember to resetafter changing the filter.
Resetting the Check Filter Indicator
Reset the Check Filter Indicator after changing the filters.
- Plug in the air purifier and turn it on.
- Locate the button vent on the side of the air purifier. [Figure 3.1]
- Use a paperclip, a small flathead screwdriver, or another small object to press the black Filter Indicator Reset Button in the vent. [Figure 3.1] 4. The Check Filter Indicator will turn off, indicating that the reset is complete.
If not using the air purifier for an extended period of time, wrap the filters in plastic packaging and store them in a dry place to avoid moisture damage.
VESYNC APP TROUBLESHOOTING
My smart air purifier isn’t connecting to the VeSync app.
- Make sure your phone has Bluetooth® turned on and is not currently connected to another Bluetooth device.
- During the setup process, you must be on a secure 2.4GHz Wi-Fi® network. Confirm that the network is working correctly.
- Try moving your air purifier closer to the router. Your phone should be as close as possible to your air purifier.
- Your router may need to be at a higher location, away from obstructions.
- Make sure your air purifier and router are away from appliances (such as microwave ovens, refrigerators, electronic devices, etc.) to avoid signal interference.
- If you’re using a VPN, make sure it’s turned off while setting up your air purifier.
- Disable portal authentication for your Wi-Fi network. If portal authentication is enabled, the air purifier will not be able to access your Wi-Fi network, and the setup will fail.
FEDERAL COMMUNICATION COMMISSION INTERFERENCE STATEMENT
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference, and
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and the receiver.
- Connect the equipment to an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
|Levoit VeSync Core™ 600S Smart True HEPA Air Purifier
|For your own reference, we strongly recommend that you record your order ID and date of purchase.
|Date of Purchase
Terms & Policy
Arovast Corporation (“Arovast”) warrants this product to the original purchaser to be free from defects in material and workmanship, under normal use and conditions, for a period of 2 years from the date of original purchase. Arovast agrees, at our option during the warranty period, to repair any defect in material or workmanship or furnish an equal product in exchange without charge, subject to verification of the defect or malfunction and proof of the date of purchase.
There is no other express warranty. This warranty does not apply:
- If the product has been modified from its original condition;
- If the product has not been used in accordance with directions and instructions in the user manual;
- To damages or defects caused by accident, abuse, misuse, or improper or inadequate maintenance;
- To damages or defects caused by service or repair of the product performed by an unauthorized service provider or by anyone other than Arovast;
- To damages or defects occurring during commercial use, rental use, or any use for which the product is not intended;
- To damages or defects exceeding the cost of the product.
Arovast will not be liable for indirect, incidental, or consequential damages in connection with the use of the product covered by this warranty. This warranty extends only to the original consumer purchaser of the product and is not transferable to any subsequent owner of the product regardless of whether the product is transferred during the specified term of the warranty.
This warranty does not extend to products purchased from unauthorized sellers. Arovast’s warranty extends only to products purchased from authorized sellers that are subject to Arovast’s quality controls and have agreed to follow its quality controls. All implied warranties are limited to the period of this limited warranty. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.