Margaritaville® DM3500 Frozen Concoction
WHEN USING ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES, BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
- READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING.
- To protect against electric shock, do not immerse the appliance, cord, or plug in water or other liquids.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used near children. This appliance should not be used by children.
- Unplug from the outlet when not in use, before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning.
- The flashing light indicates readiness to operate. Avoid any contact with blades or moveable parts.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, after the appliance malfunctions, or is dropped or damaged in any manner. Contact 1-877-689-2737 for customer service.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not let the cord hang over the edge of a table or counter or touch hot surfaces, including the stove.
- Keep hands and utensils out of the container while blending and/or ice shaving to reduce the risk of severe injury to persons or damage to the unit. A rubber spatula may be used but must be used only when the appliance is not running.
- BLADES ARE SHARP; handle them with caution. Sharp blades are located in the main Ice Reservoir as well as at the bottom of each Blending Jar.
- Always operate appliances with Jar Lid and Ice Reservoir Lid in place.
- The use of attachments, including canning jars, not recommended by the manufacturer may cause a risk of injury to persons.
- Do not use broken or cracked Blending Jars or Ice reservoirs.
- To reduce the risk of injury to persons, never place a Blending Blade Assembly on the base of a Blending Station without a Blending Jar properly attached.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). As a safety feature, this plug will ﬁ t in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not ﬁ t fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not ﬁ t, contact a qualiﬁed electrician. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
Welcome to Margaritaville®
Margaritaville® isn’t a place,
it’s a state of mind … it is an escape from the everyday!
The Margaritaville® “Tahiti™” Frozen Concoction Maker™
makes it a short trip from here to there, where you can put on your no-worries attitude and enjoy a perfectly prepared, restaurant-style frozen drink.
- Ice Reservoir Lid – Covers the Ice Reservoir.
- Ice Reservoir – Holds the ice for making frozen drinks.
- Shaving Paddle – Moves ice across the Shaving Blade.
- Ice Deﬂector Blade Assembly Includes:
- 4a Ice Hopper
- 4b Ice Deﬂector
- 4c Shaving Blade Assembly Ring 4d Blade
- Ice Chute – Directs ice from Ice Hopper into Chamber.
- Base – Holds Chamber securely in place.
- Control Panel – Contains all necessary controls to operate your unit.
- On/Off Switch – On the back side of the machine.
- Chamber Lid – Seals the Chamber.
- Chamber – Maximum capacity of 60 oz.
- Blending Blade Sealing Ring – Seals the blending jar and blending base.
- Blending Blade – Creates forward action when blending drinks.
- Drink Dispenser with Spout and Lever Remix Channel Includes:
- Auger Drink Blade
- Auger Blade Sealing Ring
- Ice Melt Reservoir –Captures melted ice excess.
- Cord Storage Door –Covers power cord storage area.
BALI™ CONTROL PANEL
- Drink Selector Dial – Selects from 4 different types of drinks.
- Ritas– liquid ingredients only
- Daiquiris – liquid ingredients + frozen fruit
- Coladas – liquid ingredients
- Smoothies – liquid ingredients + fresh fruit
- Drink Level Dial –Used to select half or full chamber
- Half Chamber = 30 oz of Frozen Drinks
- Full Chamber = 60 oz of Frozen Drinks
- Start/Stop Button –Used to start automatic Shave ’n Blend™ cycle. Green = Ready to Go!
- Blend Only/Shave Only Switch –Used to manually operate ice shaver and blender.
- Power Light –Blinks when unit is plugged in to indicate power. Avoid any contact with blades or moveable parts.
Making frozen drinks
- Place the unit on a clean dry ﬂat surface.
- Place the Ice Reservoir on the unit. Twist clockwise to lock into place. Figure 1
A. Add Lid, twist clockwise.
- Plug appliance in. Remove the Cord Storage Door by pushing down on the release tab located on the Cord Storage Door. Remove the power cord and plug the unit into a standard 120 Volt wall socket. Replace the Cord Storage Door and position the power cord in the slot below the cord storage release tab. Figure 2
- Fill the Ice Reservoir with ice cubes. Figure 3
- Replace the Ice Reservoir Lid and snap closed.
- Move Ice Chute to the side. Figure 4
- Lift and remove the Chamber.
(The Ice Chute slides and can be moved to the side.)
- Add appropriate amount of ingredients to the Chamber for the amount of drinks desired.
|full Chamber Half Chamber
|Margaritaville® Gold Tequila
|Margaritaville® Margarita Mix
|full Chamber Half Chamber
|3 1⁄2 C
|1 3⁄4 C
Pina Colada Recipe
|full Chamber Half Chamber
|Cream of Coconut
|full Chamber Half Chamber
|2 3⁄4 C
|1 1⁄2 C
AUTOMATED SHAVE ’N BLEND™ CYCLE
- Start the automatic Shave ’n Blend™ Cycle by pressing the Start/Stop Button.
Green = Ready to Go!
If Start/Stop Button is blinking Red, check
that all moveable parts are locked in place.
- What Will Happen: The unit will shave ice for the appropriate time, then the blender will start automatically. The unit will stop at the completion of the cycle.
- If the frozen drink is too thin or thick, use the Blend Only/Shave Only Switch. See page 8 for manual cycle tips.
Cleaning and Maintenance
IMPORTANT: Your Chamber, Shaving and Blending Blades are subject to wear during normal use. Always inspect for nicks, chips, or cracks. Always inspect for broken, cracked, or loose blades.
If the jar or Shaving and Blending Blades are damaged, do not use them. Call our toll-free customer service number, 1-877-689-2737, to obtain replacement parts.
- To remove ice from the Ice Reservoir hold the Shave Only Switch in the Shave Only position until the Ice Reservoir is empty.
- To clean Chamber, Remix Channel, and Drink Dispensing Area, add warm soapy water to Chamber (approx. 30 oz) and press Blend Only Switch for 20 seconds. Dispense out through Drink Dispensing Area.
- If the Power Indicator Light does not light:
Check that the unit is plugged into a working power outlet.
- If liquid leaks from the base of the Chamber:
Remove it from the unit and check that the Blending Blade Sealing Ring is properly installed and that the Chamber is tightened.
- If water leaks from the unit:
Empty the Ice Melt Reservoir and make sure reservoir is in place.
- If the Chamber overﬂows during the Shave ’n Blend™ cycle:
Follow the drink recipes included in “Making Frozen Drinks” section and make sure to not exceed the speciﬁed total volume.
- If the Chamber will not sit on the Blending Base:
Remove it from the unit and check for ice on the Base.
WARNING: unplug the unit before removing ice from the Blending Base.
- If the shaver does not shave sufﬁcient ice for the liquid in the Blending Jar:
Check that the Number of Drinks Rotary Switch setting corresponds to the amount of liquid in the Chamber.
- If the drink is too watery:
Make sure to follow the Recipe Guide (pg.6) or manually shave more ice until the desired consistency is achieved.
1-Year Limited Warranty
Sunbeam Products, Inc, d/b/a Jarden Consumer Solutions or if in Canada, Sunbeam Corporation (Canada) Limited d/b/a Jarden Consumer Solutions (collectively “Sunbeam”) warrants that for a period of one year from the date of purchase, this product will be free from defects in material and workmanship. Sunbeam, at its option, will repair or replace this product or any component of the product found to be defective during the warranty period. Replacement will be made with a new or remanufactured product or component. If the product is no longer available, a replacement may be made with a similar product of equal or greater value. This is your exclusive warranty.
What are the limits on Sunbeam’s Liability?
Sunbeam shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages caused by the breach of any express, implied or statutory warranty or condition.
Except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, any implied warranty or condition of merchantability or ﬁtness for a particular purpose is limited in duration to the duration of the above warranty.
Sunbeam disclaims all other warranties, conditions, or representations, express, implied, statutory or otherwise.
Sunbeam shall not be liable for any damages of any kind resulting from the purchase, use or misuse of, or inability to use the product including incidental, special, consequential, or similar damages or loss of proﬁts, or for any breach of contract, fundamental or otherwise, or for any claim brought against the purchaser by any other party.
How to Obtain Warranty Service
If you have any questions regarding this warranty or would like to obtain warranty service, please call 1- 877-689-2737 and a convenient service center address will be provided to you.
In the U.S.A., this warranty is offered by Sunbeam Products, Inc. located in Boca Raton, Florida 33431.
PLEASE DO NOT RETURN THIS PRODUCT TO ANY OF THESE ADDRESSES OR TO THE PLACE OF PURCHASE.