Presto Kitchen Kettle Multi-cooker Manual
To reduce the risk of personal injury or property damage, when using electrical appliances basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
- Read all instructions.
- To protect against electrical shock or burns, do not immerse heat control or magnetic cord in water or other liquid.
- Be sure the handle is properly attached to the basket and locked in place. Failure to securely attach the basket handle can result in the release of the basket during use which may result in severe burns.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
- Do not let children handle or put electrical cords or plugs in their mouths.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- It is recommended that this appliance not be moved when it contains hot oil or other hot liquid. If it must be moved when it contains hot oil or other hot liquid, use extreme caution.
- Always attach the heat control and magnetic cord to the appliance first, then plug the cord into the wall outlet. To disconnect the heat control and magnetic cord, turn the control to OFF, remove the plug from the wall outlet, and then remove the magnetic plug end from the heat control. Allow the appliance to cool, then remove the heat control from the appliance.
- Unplug from the outlet and remove heat control from the appliance when not in use and before cleaning. Allow the appliance to cool before putting on or taking off parts and before cleaning.
Important Cord and Plug Information
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to modify the plug in any way.
A short detachable power supply cord is provided to reduce the risk resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord. DO NOT USE WITH AN EXTENSION CORD. Do not allow the cord to run underneath or around the appliance. The magnetic cord may not detach easily if the cord is positioned in this fashion. Connect the power supply cord to a 120VAC electrical outlet only.
To Attach Legs to Base
- Place the multi-cooker upside down on the table or counter.
- Using the screwdriver, remove the screws from each of the four mounting projections on the bottom of the multi-cooker and set aside. Use these screws to attach the legs to the base.
- Position one of the legs, the rubber foot facing up, over one of the mounting projections. Align the hole in the leg with the hole in the mounting projection and fasten securely with a screw. The leg should not rock or move if twisted.
NOTICE: Continuing to tighten, once secure, can result in the stripping of screws or cracking of legs.
Before First Use
This versatile electric multi-cooker braises, steams, boils, deep fries, and more. It is also great for making soups, stews, and desserts. Before using the multi-cooker for the first time, become familiar with its various parts, read the instructions carefully, and wash it according to the Care and Cleaning.
This appliance is not intended to melt the wax, gels, plastics, or other materials for making candles or for other hobbyist activities, or in any commercial or business application. Using this appliance for purposes different from those specified in the instruction manual may cause damage to the appliance and will void the warranty.
Place 1 or 2 cups of water, wine, or herb-flavored broth into a multi-cooker. Set heat control at 250°. Remove the handle from the basket. Place one layer of fish fillets in the basket and, using tongs, attach the basket to the multi-cooker rim with a steaming hook. Cover and steam 5 to 10 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Place 2 cups water in a multi-cooker. Set heat control at 250°. Remove the handle from the basket. Place vegetables in the basket and, using tongs, attach the basket to the multi-cooker rim with a steaming hook. Cover and steam as indicated below. Steaming time begins once the water starts to boil. Add additional water as necessary.
- Fry foods of uniform size and thickness as they will fry more evenly and at the same speed. Do not overfill the basket. Frying too much food at once lowers the oil temperature and causes food to absorb too much oil.
- Use only heat-resistant utensils. Hot oil damages most plastic or rubber utensils. Do not leave metal utensils in the multi-cooker as they will become hot and can cause injury.
- Use vegetable oils, such as peanut, canola, corn, sunflower, soybean, and light olive oil, which can withstand the high temperatures required for deep frying. Do not use extra virgin olive oil or other vegetable oils as they deteriorate at temperatures below those required for deep frying.
- Do not use solid fat (shortening, butter, margarine, lard). Solid fat will not melt uniformly and will cause severe smoking.
- Avoid preheating the oil longer than necessary and turn off the multi-cooker once the last batch of food has been removed. The longer the oil is heated, the more it deteriorates.
- When breading food, use any type of flour, corn meal, fine bread or cracker crumbs, or commercial breading to coat food. To get breading to adhere better to food, dip food first in a mixture of egg and milk;
- Foods that are battered may stick to the basket; therefore, you may wish to fry these foods without the basket. If, however, you want to use the basket, lower it into the oil before placing battered foods in the oil. When using the multi-cooker without the basket, a heat-resistant scoop should be used to add or remove food.
Consumer Service Information
If you have any questions regarding the operation of your Presto® appliance or need parts for your appliance, contact us by any of
- Call 1-800-877-0441 weekdays 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (Central Time)
- Email us through our website at www.GoPresto.com/contact
- Write: National Presto Industries, Inc., Consumer Service Department
- 3925 North Hastings Way, Eau Claire, WI 54703-3703
IMPORTANT: Please go online and register this product within ten days of purchase. Proper registration will serve as proof of purchase in the event your original receipt becomes misplaced or lost. Registration will not affect warranty coverage but may expedite the processing of warranty claims. The additional information requested will help us develop new products that best meet your needs and desires. To register the product, visit www.GoPresto.com/registration or simply scan this QR code. If you do not have computer access, contact the Consumer Service Department at 1-800-877-0441.
Presto® Limited Warranty
This quality Presto® appliance is designed and built to provide many years of satisfactory performance under normal household use. Presto pledges to the original owner that should there be any defects in material or workmanship during the first year after purchase, we will repair or replace it at our option. Our pledge does not apply to damage caused by shipping.
Outside the United States, this limited warranty does not apply. To obtain service under the warranty, please call our Consumer Service Department at 1-800-877-0441. If unable to resolve the problem, you will be instructed to send your Presto® appliance to the Presto Factory Service Department for a quality inspection; shipping costs will be your responsibility.
When returning an appliance, please include your name, address, phone number, and the date you purchased the appliance as well as a description of the problem you are encountering with the appliance. We want you to obtain maximum enjoyment from using this Presto® appliance and ask that you read and follow the instructions enclosed.
Failure to follow instructions, damage caused by improper replacement parts, abuse, misuse, disassembly, alterations, or neglect will void this pledge. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. This is Presto’s personal pledge to you and is being made in place of all other express warranties. National Presto Industries, Inc. Eau Claire, WI 54703-3703