Pyle MP3 Playback & USB/SD/AUX Inputs Manual
Precautions & Warnings
- To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and interference, never attempt to repair this unit yourself. Refer all services to an authorized service center.
- Some MP3/WMA files may not be playable.
- Keep the volume at a reasonable level to avoid distracted driving. High volume levels may make it difficult to concentrate on traffic and road conditions while driving.
- If the ship/car has been in direct sunlight for an extended period, you may need to reduce the temperature inside the ship/car before turning on and using the unit.
- If the battery is disconnected, discharged, or changed, the preset memory of the unit will be lost and will require re-programming.
- The unit is designed to be installed in a level, horizontal position. For optimal performance, avoid installing the unit at an angle.
- Never use excessive force when removing or attaching the faceplate. Handle the display and the buttons gently so as to avoid damage.
Lithium Battery Cell Warnings
- Cell leakage may cause damage to the remote control
- Do not throw cells into it as this may cause an explosion.
- Keep battery cells out of reach of children.
Drives and connections
Never place foreign objects into the openings of the ship/car receiver (USB jack, card slot, AUX-IN connection) as this will damage the slots and the connections.
Do not play the ship/car receiver for long periods of time when the motor is switched off as this will cause the ship/car battery to discharge and the vehicle may not start.
First, complete the electrical connections and then check that all connections are correct.
This unit can be installed in any dashboard that has an opening as illustrated in the below figure.
To Install the Ship/Car Receiver
Be sure to first test all connections and then follow these steps to install this unit.
- Make sure the ignition is turned off and then disconnect the cable from the vehicle battery’s negative (-) terminal.
- Disconnect the wire harness and the antenna.
- Lift the left or right top corner of the plastic outer trim ring then pull it out to remove it.
- Insert the two bracket keys into the left and right side of the chassis, as shown in below figure to separate the chassis from the housing.
- Insert the mounting sleeve into the dashboard and bend the mounting tabs out with a screwdriver. Make sure that the lock lever is flush with the mounting sleeve and that it does not project beyond it.
- Insert this receiver into the mounting sleeve.
- Connect wires as illustrated in the “Wiring Diagram.”
- Install the plastic outer trim ring.
Removal of the Main Unit
- Remove the plastic trim from the main unit.
- Insert a bracket key into the left and right sides of the main unit and draw the unit out of the mounting sleeve.
CONTROL PANEL BUTTONS
- (power)/MODE (source) button
- SEL (select/menu) button and VOL (volume) knob
- button, BAND(band) button AMS (automatic store / preset station scan, automatic music search) button
- (pause/play), Preset station 1 button
- INT (intro), Preset station 2 button
- RPT (repeat), Preset station 3 button
- RDM (random), Preset station 4 button
- -10(previous 10 tracks), Preset station 5 button
- +10(next 10 tracks), Preset station 6 button
- CLK (clock setting) button,
- (tune down, seek down, previous track, fast reverse) button
- . (tune-up, seek-up, next track, fast forward)button
- MUTE button
- IR remote control sensor
- LCD Display
- USB port & Micro SD Card Slot
- MIC hole(built-in Microphone)
- AUX IN (auxiliary input) jack
- RESET button
GENERAL OPERATION Turn Unit On/Off
- Press the power MODE button on the front panel to turn on the unit, and long press it again to turn off the unit.
- Press the power button on the remote control to turn the unit on or off.
Adjust Volume (VOL)
Rotate the VOL knob on the front panel or press the VOL+ /VOL- button on the remote control to increase or decrease the volume level.
Adjust Menu Options (SEL)
- Press the SEL button on the front panel or on the remote control repeatedly to cycle through the following adjustable audio functions: BASS, TREBLE, BALANCE, FADER, EQ OFF/ CLASS/ ROCK/POP/FLAT/, LOUD ON/OFF, DX/LOC, STEREO/MONO, CLOCK 12/24 and AREA US/EU.
- Rotate the VOL knob on the front panel or press the VOL+ /VOL- button on the remote control to adjust the selected item.
- BASS:-07,-06, ~, -01,00,+01,~, +06,+07
- TREBLE:-07,-06, ~, -01,00,+01,~, +06,+07
- BALANCE:L07,L06,~, L01, 00, R01,~,R06,R07
- EQ(Equalizer) Setting: OFF, FLAT, POP, ROCK, CLASS
- Loudness: LOUD ON/OFF
- DX/LOCAL: Enables or disables the local broadcast mode (LOCAL).
- Stereo/Mono: Switches between MONO and STEREO reception mode for radio frequencies.
- CLOCK 12/24: Select between 12 hours and 24 hours display. Note: If a 12-hour display is selected, AM= Morning; PM= Afternoon
- AREA US/EU: This receiver is equipped with the USA / Europe frequency. Rotate the volume knob to switch between USA and Europe frequencies. The system will change the frequency setting in about 3 seconds.
Change the Source (MODE)
Press the MODE button to switch between RADIO, BT(Bluetooth), USB(with the USB device inserted), CARD(with SD card inserted), and AUX-IN(auxiliary input) modes.
In power-on mode, briefly press the MUTE button to toggle mute on or off. The muted state will be also released when the volume knob is used.
Press the LOUD button on the remote control to turn on the loudness to reinforce the output of bass frequencies, and press it again to turn it off.
Press the EQ button on the remote control to toggle between EQ OFF, ROCK, POP, CLASS, and FLAT.
USB port, Micro SD Card Slot
The USB port and Micro SD card slot of this receiver is designed for media playback from flash memory devices and micro SD.
To receive your voice when you call by using this Bluetooth hands-free system.
Aux input connector
The 3.5mm auxiliary input stereo connection is designed for devices with 3.5mm line-out or headphone output.
Reset System (RESET)
The RESET button is used to reset all parameters to the factory default settings. This function may be used when the LCD does not display normally or sound is distorted, or when any of the controls are disabled. Use a thin object with a pointed end to depress the RESET button.
Switch Between USA area and Europe area Frequency In radio mode, press and hold the VOL/SEL button to enter the switch state of the US(USA) and EU (Europe) frequency, then rotate it to switch between the US(USA) and EU(Europe) frequency.
The system will change the frequency setting in about 3 seconds.
Change Bands (BAND)
Press the BAND button to switch between the FM1, FM2, FM3, AM1, and AM2 bands. Each band stores up to six preset stations.
Automatic Store station/ Preset station scan (AMS)
Press and hold the AMS button for more than 2 seconds to select six strong stations and store them in the current band. The radio will automatically scan the current frequency and enter the six strongest stations into the preset memory positions for that band. Briefly press the AMS button on the remote control to recall each preset station that was saved in the memories in each band.
In urban areas, most stations are strong enough and the “LOCAL ON” mode should be selected. Switch to LOCAL OFF mode to search for stations with weaker signals. Press the LOC button on the remote control to choose local or distant reception mode.
FM station is received in stereo mode. However, if the signal is weak or reception is not as good as you would like, switching to MONO mode usually improves the overall sound quality. Press the ST button on the remote control to choose FM STEREO or MONO audio effect.
USB / SD CARD OPERATION
To insert USB / SD CARD
- To play files on a USB device, open the USB port cover and insert the USB storage device into the USB port. Playback will begin automatically.
- Insert a micro SD card into the micro SD slot. Playback will begin automatically.
Select the track or file for playback in MP3 format
Press and hold the AMS button to direct select a music ﬁle. The “TRK0000” will appear on the display. Turn the volume control to select the “ﬁrst number”. Then press the button to move the “ﬁrst number” to the left and enter the next number. When the desired track number appears, conﬁrm your selection by pressing the SEL button.
AUXILIARY INPUT OPERATION
This receiver is equipped with an external auxiliary input jack (3.5mm) on the front panel which is compatible with audio output from an MP3 music player. A plug such a player into the AUX IN jack with a 3.5mm stereo audio cable and press the MODE button to switch to AUX input mode. “AUX IN” appears on the display. Listen to music from an external device through the speaker.
Adjust the volume of the external device to a comfortable level with the receiver volume control.
Pair and Connect
Prior to using the Bluetooth device as a hands-free system for a Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone for the first time, you must pair and connect the two devices as follows:
- In any mode, prior to pairing and connecting, the BT logo on the LCD indicates that no device is connected. To begin pairing, enable BT mode on your mobile phone.
- When the phone finds this ship/car audio system, the “PYLE” name will be displayed.
- Choose the “PYLE” from the device list to pair and connect with this ship/car audio system. Upon confirming, the BT logo will stop flashing.
- When pairing is complete, the mobile phone audio will automatically transfer to the ship/car audio system whenever a call is made or received, or when the mobile phone plays music.
Make a Call
- To make a call, dial the call directly from the paired mobile phone.
- To make a call with this Bluetooth hands-free system:
- When linking up the Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone to this Bluetooth hands-free system, press the button to access the dial telephone number mode, then press the “0~9”, *, and # buttons on the remote control to input the telephone number, and the entered number will be shown on the LCD display.
- b) If a number has been incorrectly inputted, press the DEL button or button to delete it.
Remove Insulating Sheet
The remote control comes with an insulating sheet attached to the underside of the remote control, as illustrated on the right. The remote control will not work until the insulating sheet is removed.
Replace Lithium Battery Cell
- When the lithium cell battery becomes weak, replace it as illustrated on the right.
- Press and hold the movable block in the direction indicated by arrow 1. At the same time, pull the cell holder out of the remote control in the direction indicated by arrow 2.
- (+) polarity is facing upward.
- Re-insert the cell holder into the remote control.
- Cell leakage may cause damage to the remote control.
- Do not throw cells into it as this may cause an explosion.
- Keep battery cells out of reach of children.
If you suspect something is wrong, immediately switch the power off. Do not use the unit in abnormal conditions, for example without sound, or with smoke or foul smell, which can cause fire or electric shock. Immediately stop using it and call the store where you purchased it. Never try to repair the unit by yourself because it is dangerous to do so.
- The ship’s/Car’s engine switch is not on.
– Turn your Ship’s/car’s key to ACC or ON.
- The cable is not correctly connected.
– Check the connection.
- The fuse is burnt.
– Replace fuse.
- Volume is in mute or minimum.
– Check volume or mute on/off, and adjust the volume to a desired level.
- Sound skips.
– The installation angle is more than 30°. Adjust the installation angle to less than 30°.
- The operation keys do not work.
USB or SD card is connecting but no sound
- USB or SD card connection is not good. Take it out and insert it again.
- USB or SD card is damaged or no music file inside. Change to another USB or SD card, or record music inside it.