Samson XPD2 Belt Pack USB
Important Safety Information
If you want to dispose of this product, do not mix it with general household waste. There is a separate collection system for used electronic products in accordance with legislation that requires proper treatment, recovery, and recycling. Private households in the 28 member states of the EU, Switzerland, and Norway may return their used electronic products free of charge to designated collection facilities or to a retailer (if you purchase a similar new one). For Countries not mentioned above, please contact your local authorities for the correct method of disposal.
Important Safety Information
Attention should be drawn to the environmental aspects of battery disposal The use of apparatus in moderate climates CAUTION The danger of explosion if the battery is incorrectly replaced. Replace only with the same or equivalent type. Batteries (battery packs or batteries installed) shall not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire, or the like.
Copyright 2018, Samson Technologies Corp. v1.1 Samson Technologies Corp. 278-B Duffy Ave Hicksville, NY 11801 www.samsontech.com iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPad Air and iPad mini are trademarks of Apple Inc. The trademark “iPhone” is used with a license from Aiphone K.K.
Important Safety Information
- This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference.
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
- Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures.
Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna. Increase the separation between the equipment and the receiver. Connect the equipment to an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected. Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
RF Warning Statement
The device has been evaluated to meet the general RF exposure requirements. The device can be used in portable exposure conditions without restriction. This device complies with RSS-310 of Industry Canada. Operation is subject to the condition that this device does not cause harmful interference.
Samson XPD2 USB Digital Wireless System brings the convenience of wireless to your computer recordings and beyond. With a wireless receiver built into a USB stick and a belt pack transmitter, with a livelier or headset microphone, the Stage XPD2 allows you to wirelessly record stunning audio straight to your Mac/PC and your favorite digital audio software.
XPD2 operates in the license-free 2.4GHz frequency band, is extremely fast and easy to set up and with 100 feet of operating range (environment dependent), the system provides plenty of room to work wirelessly. We recommend you keep the following records for reference, as well as a copy of your sales receipt. If you have any questions or comments regarding the XPD2 USB Digital Wireless System or any other products from Samson, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
With proper care and maintenance, your XPD2 USB Digital Wireless System will operate trouble-free for many years. Should your XPD2 USB Digital Wireless System ever require servicing, a Return Authorization (RA) number must be obtained before shipping your unit to Samson. Without this number, the unit will not be accepted. Please visit www.samsontech.com/ra for an RA number prior to shipping your unit. Please retain the original packing materials and, if possible, return the unit in its original carton. If your XPD2 USB Digital Wireless System was purchased outside of the United States, contact your local distributor.
- USB Connector – Plugs into the USB jack on the rear panel of a wirelessly enabled Samson audio device. The receiver can also plug directly into a computer USB port and will be recognized as a USB audio device. The unit passes audio to the device and receives power from the device through this connector. If connecting the LINE output to an analog device, the RXD2 can be powered using a standard 5 Volt adapter.
- PAIR Switch – Press >5 seconds to enter pairing mode.
- STATUS Indicator – This LED displays the operation mode: Amber: Normal Operation Flashing Amber: Pairing No Light: Not paired; Transmitter out of range; No Power.
- LINE / Headphone Output – Use this 3.5mm jack when connecting to an analog line input or headphones for monitoring.
- Input Connector –. Connect the input device via the mini-XLR connector. The PXD1 is supplied with either a lavalier or headset microphone.
- Status Indicator – This LED displays the operation mode: Amber: Normal Operation Flashing Amber: Pairing / Low Battery
- Power/Pair Switch – Press for <5 seconds to turn the unit on or off. Press for more than 5 seconds to enter pairing mode.
- Input GAIN Control – This control adjusts the transmitter input sensitivity.
- Battery Holder – Insert two standard AA (LR6) batteries here, being sure to observe the plus and minus polarity markings shown.
WARNING: Do not insert the batteries backward; doing so can cause severe damage to the PXD1 and will void your warranty.
- Screwdriver – Used to adjust the input GAIN control.
- Plug the RXD2 USB receiver into the USB jack on a wireless-enabled Samson audio device, or into an available USB port on a computer. Note: When using the XPD2 wireless system with a computer, you must set the computer’s audio input device to “Samson RDX Wireless Receiver”. In most computer operating systems, audio software must be used to record or monitor the audio from the USB receiver.
- Place a fresh set of AA (LR6) batteries in the transmitter battery holder, taking care to observe the polarity markings.
- If using a Samson audio device, turn the wireless level knob on the audio device completely counterclockwise, then turn the power of the audio device to the ON position.
- Turn on the power to the transmitter by pressing and holding the Power switch; the indicator LED will light amber.
- If the transmitter and receiver have not been previously paired, press and hold the button on the RXD2 receiver for >5 seconds until it begins to flash. Press and continue to hold the Power button on
the transmitter until the LED indicators on both units light steady, indicating that the receiver and transmitter are paired and ready for operation.
- The first time you plug the XPD2 into a USB port, Windows will install the USB driver for that port.
- To set the XPD2 as your default input/recording device, or to change its settings, open the Control Panel, Hardware & Sound settings, then click SOUND. Under the Recording tab, select the “Samson RDX Wireless Receiver” from the list of devices and press the Set Default button to set it as the default audio input device.
- To set the gain of the microphone, click the Properties button, and then select the Levels tab. Slide the control until the desired level is reached.
Apple MAC OSX
- Plug the RXD2 receiver into an available USB port.
- Select the XPD2 as the computer’s audio input, and open System Preferences from the dock or the main Apple Menu.
- Next, open the Sound preferences, choose the Input tab and select “Samson RDX Wireless Receiver”. To set the gain of the microphone, adjust the Input volume slider at the bottom of the Sound dialog box. The Input Level meter will show the recording level.
Connecting to a Line Input
The XPD2 wireless system can work with any audio gear that accepts a line input like a mixer or portable PA system. Follow these steps to connect your XPD2 system using the analog output:
- Plug the RXD2 receiver into a standard 5 Volt USB adapter and plug the adapter into an available AC outlet.
- Turn the volume on the input channel that you are connecting to the XPD2 system all the way down.
- Using a 1/8” (3.5mm) cable, connect the output to the line input on the audio device.
- Turn on the power to the transmitter by pressing and switch; the indicator LED will light amber.
- Speak or sing into the microphone at a normal performance level and raise the input level control on the input channel until the desired level is reached.
Connecting to a smartphone
The RXD2 receiver can be used with a smartphone to add a wireless microphone to your live streams or mobile filmmaking.
To use the XDP2 system with an iPhone or iPad, you will need to use the Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter (not included).
To use the XPD2 system with an Android device, you will need to use a Host OTG adapter. You can connect headphones to the 1/8” (3.5mm) Headphone output to monitor the wireless signal.
- Simultaneous Systems 2
- Working Range 100’ line of sight
- Working Frequency 2.404~2.476 GHz
- Modulation type GFSK
- Audio Frequency Response 20 Hz – 17 kHz (-1 dB)
- T.H.D <0.1% (at 1 kHz, -10 dBu)
- Signal to Noise >85 dB
- Operating Temperature -10°C ~ +40°C
- Input Connector Mini-XLR (P3)
- RF Power <10 mW EIRP
- Power Requirements Two AA (LR6) alkaline batteries
- Battery Life 20 hours
- Audio Sample Rate 32 kHz
- Dimensions (HxLxD) 3.75” x 2.44” x 0.75”
- 96mm x 62mm x 18.5mm
- Weight 0.2lb / 93g
- Max. Analog Audio Output Level 9 dBu
- Headphone Output 22 mW into 16 Ω or 32 Ω
- Operating Voltage 5V DC
- Dimensions (LxDxH) 3.5” x 0.9” x .31”
- 89mm x 23mm x 8mm
- Weight 0.35oz / 10g
At Samson, we are continually improving our products, therefore specifications and images are subject to change without notice. Having Trouble with your XPD2 Wireless System? We can help! CONTACT OUR SUPPORT TEAM: firstname.lastname@example.org Our experts can help you resolve any issues.