Tactam REVEAL SK Cellular Camera User Manual
- Antenna/Additional on right
- IR LEDs
- Camera Working Status Indicator
- Device Status Indicator Light (Green/Blue)
- SD Card Indicator (Red/Green)
- SIM Slot (do not install other SIMs)
- Power Switch (ON/SETUP/OFF)
- PIR Motion Sensor
- WiFi Indicator Light (Blue)
- Battery Level Indicator
- 4G Signal Indicator
- SD Card Slot
- Test Button
- Battery Eject Button
- Reset Button
- External Battery In/DC Port
- USB Port
- Tripod/Mount Attachment
- Cable Lock Holes
- 1/4-20 Accessory
- Strap Holes
- Solar Panel Attachment Rails
WHAT IS IN THE BOX?
- (1) Trail Camera
- (1) Instruction Manual
- (1) Mounting Strap
- (2) Antenna
- (1) SIM Card (pre-installed)
- SK ONLY
- SK Lipo pack
- SK Solar charger
- SK adjustable mount
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- SD Card – Class 10, U3, 32GB
- Recommended Brands: Tactacam, Lexar, SanDisk (Other brands of low-end SD cards are incompatible with the REVEAL and will yield unexpected results)
RECOMMENDED CAMERA ACCESSORIES (NOT INCLUDED)
VIEW AND PURCHASE ALL ACCESSORIES AT REVEALCELLCAM.COM
SETTING UP THE CAMERA
- Install camera’s antenna.
- Note: Do not over tighten the antenna, once it is secure stop tightening to prevent antenna port damage.
- Install a Class 10 U3 SD card (32GB).
- Recommended brands are: SanDisk, Lexar and Tactacam
To eject the battery tray or SK-Lipo Pack, press the EJECT button on the REVEAL. If install AA batteries correctly orientat + and – on the front and back of the tray.
- SK Lipo Pack will need to be charged with a USB C cord befor use. You will see a red charging light on thwhen charging. the red light will go off when cfully charged.
- See battery details on page 13 under Best Practices.
- For cameras with a single SIM, the card may or may not be pre-installed. Cameras packaged with two SIMs allow you to select a carrier that works strongest in the area of your camera’s location. NOTE: SIM cards are exclusively paired to a camera at the time of manufacture, so please do not remove, swap, or replace with a different SIM card.
- Activation of your camera can be done conveniently through the REVEAL mobile app during setup.
Here is the link to our Data Plans and Coverage Map https://www.revealcellcam.com/data-plans
DOWNLOADING THE APP
In your Apple or Google Play Store, download the Tactacam REVEAL app and sign in using the same email and password you created on the website. If you already have a REVEAL account with ACTIVE cameras, you can simply login to your app and add your camera following the instructions below. If this is your first REVEAL that you are activating, please visit the REVEAL Web Portal at https://account.revealcellcam.com to set up your account. Once you have created your account, and set up your data plan, it is time to activate your camera in the app:
- Click the camera icon at the bottom of the screen
- Click the + in the upper right hand corner
- Select REVEAL SK and Continue
- Using your phone, scan the QR code located inside the door of the camera
- Camera activation can take a couple minutes, then you will be prompted to give your camera a name and location.
SET UP CAMERA THROUGH WEB PORTAL
- If this is your first REVEAL that you are activating, please visit the REVEAL Web Portal at https://account.revealcellcam.com/ activation to set up your account.
- Android users can also access the Web Portal directly from your app, by clicking My REVEAL on this screen in the app:
ADD CAMERA TO THE APP
- Navigate to the REVEAL app on your device and login using your REVEAL account credentials. Click the home icon.
- Click the menu in the upper left corner.
- Select “+ Add a Camera”
- Select the plan you wish to have and the model of the camera.
- Follow the prompts, allow access to the camera of your phone, and then scan the QR code on the camera.
- Next, follow the prompts and insert your SIM card.
- Enable WiFi and Location Services.
- Continue to WiFi. If you are unable to connect to WiFi, select “Activate without WiFi” and follow the prompts.
- Select Continue to choose Verizon or Select “Choose Other Network” to switch to AT&T, select “Continue”.
- Next, name your camera and assign a location. You can also remotely change the camera settings from the app, it will take up to 24 hours for settings to be applied.
SENDING A TEST PICTURE
Allow the camera to connect to 4G signal. The LED signal indicator light will be constant green.
- After your camera is activated, you will see the signal status indicator searching, and then connect showing the signal strength.
- After the camera has connected, push the test button to send a photograph.
- You will see the status light blinking as the image is sending.
- When the test picture sends successfully, the status light will turn green.
- If the status light turns red there may have been an issue trying to send the test photo. This is usually caused by signal strength.
- Refer to the app to be sure the picture is successfully sent.
- While your camera is connected to your phone with WiFi, you will be able to access a live preview to help with camera setup and proper placement.
- Allow the camera to connect to 4G signal. The LED signal indicator light will be constant green.
SWITCHING CELLULAR NETWORKS
To manually swap cellular carriers on your REVEAL, switch camera to Setup Mode, hold the Test button down (~20 seconds) until one of the following occurs:
- For AT&T coverage, wait until the second signal bar light blinks three times and release Test button.
- For Verizon coverage, wait until the third signal bar light blinks three times and release Test button.
- Your camera will restart and search for signal. Once signal is established, the camera can be switched “ON” and is ready to use.
- Signal Bar: Additional Indicators
- Solid yellow: Indicates network switch failure. You may either resume using your camera on its current network or attempt the switch again.
- Rapidly blinks red: No SIM inserted, or camera does not recognize SIM.
- Slowly blinks red: Camera registered on network, but FTPS server experienced failure.
- Solid red: No signal.
SETTINGS / SPECIFICATIONS
Camera Mode Photo; Photo+Video
Day/Night Mode Daytime: Color, Nighttime: B+W
IR Range 80+ Feet
PIR Angle 45*
Flash No Glow IR Technology effectively eliminates all
Operating Keys (2) 1x Power slide switch; 1x Test button
Lens F=6mm; F/No=2.0;
FOV=60* Auto IR-Cut-Remove (at night)
SD Card Class 10, U3, 32GB, minimum 90MB/Sec
SD Indicator 1 LED; Green=Good, 1 Red = Bad
Battery Indicator 4 LED Lights
4G Signal Indicator 4 LED Lights, Red= no service
WiFi Indicator 1 LED Light;
Blinking blue=pairing mode / Solid blue=paired
Picture Format JPEG
Trigger Speed 0.5 seconds
SD Card Loop Optional
Operation Power 9-12V
Battery SK = Rechargeable lithium pack
SK = Solar Panel attachment
Optional external power source (12V external
battery pack or solar panel)
– Barrel plug reducer size 4×1.7mm
External DC 12V-2A
Transfer Picture via 4G High, detailed thumbnail images sent to app (Additional data charges may apply)
Request HD Photo and Video via 4G
Only in supported locations
(Additional data charges may apply)
Upload Frequency/Send Type Instantly (Timely) / 12 hours / 24 hours
4G Communication LTE wireless
4G Antenna 2 Antenna Module
Device Serial No. Yes
Interface LTE, WiFi, USB, and SD Card
Mounting Strap, Tripod, Adjustable mount
Operating Temperature -25*C to 60*C -13F to 140*F
Operation Humidity 5% to 90%
Waterproof rating IP66
Weight About 0.95lb
Certification FCC RoHs
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the Federal Communications Commission rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Changes or modifications to this equipment not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment. This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- this device may note cause harmful interference, and
- this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.