Taylor 5294756 Digital Bathroom Talking Scale User Manual
CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION PLEASE READ!
For questions regarding this product, please contact us at:
TAYLOR division of Lifetime Brands, Inc.
2220 Entrada Del Sol, Suite A | Las Cruces, New Mexico 88001 USA
1-866-843-3905 | www.taylorusa.com
We value your thoughts on our products and services. Please post an online review to help us continue to meet your needs and expectations. Please contact us before returning to the retailer.
When Initially Setting Up Your Scale
- Install 3 AAA batteries. (see Preparation Before Use.)
- Select language. (see Preparation Before Use. NOTE: Pound units of measurement will be spoken in English. However, Spanish, German, Greek, and Croatian will be spoken kilograms.)
- Select sound volume level. (see Preparation Before Use.)
- Place your scale on a hard, flat surface, do not use it on uneven tile, flooring, or carpeting. Try to keep your scale in the same location or position as much as possible.
- Step on the scale with one foot applying enough pressure to turn the scale on – then remove your foot.
- The digital readout should show ‘0.0’.
- The scale will automatically turn off.
- Now your scale is ready for you to take a weight reading. Step on the scale evenly with both feet.
- If you pick up, move, or bump your scale, please repeat the steps above for the best accuracy.
Quick Use & Helpful Tips
- Weigh yourself without clothing whenever possible. Clothes can vary in weight.
- Move the scale to a location where it won’t be bumped. If your scale is bumped while being activated or while in use, an inaccurate reading may occur.
- For the most consistent readings, weigh yourself at the same time of day. Allow for weight fluctuations due to food or drink in your system.
Preparation Before Use
INSERT THE BATTERIES
- Use 3 AAA batteries (included). (Remove any plastic wrap from the batteries before proceeding).
- Open the battery compartment cover on the bottom of the scale.
- Place the new batteries into the battery compartment according to the polarity illustration in the compartment.
- Replace the battery compartment cover.
- You may select your desired language by pressing the button on the side of the scale. Your language selections are English, Spanish, German, Greek, and Croatian.
- The scale will speak the corresponding language once the language is selected.
- NOTE: Pound units of measurement will be spoken in English. However Spanish, German, Greek and Croation will be spoken kilograms.
- You may select your level of High, Low, or Off.
- You select the setting by moving the dial slide switch on the side of the scale.
- To turn the voice feature off, move the dial until it ‘clicks’ off.
SET THE SCALE IN THE RIGHT POSITION
- Always use the scale on a flat and hard floor surface. Do not use on carpets.
START-UP THE SCALE
- Press firmly once on the scale platform to start-up the scale. The display shows “0.0” and then turns off. The scale is ready for use.
Note: If you move the scale at all, please repeat the steps above for best accuracy
- For battery replacement, always purchase the correct size and grade of battery most suitable for the intended use.
- NOTE: Please recycle or dispose of batteries per local regulations.
- WARNING: Batteries may pose a choking hazard. As with all small items, do not let children handle batteries. If swallowed, seek medical attention immediately.
- PRECAUTION: Do not dispose of batteries in a fire. Batteries may explode or leak.
- Remove the batteries if the product will not be used for a long period. Remove used batteries promptly.
- Clean the battery contacts and also those of the device before battery installation.
- Always replace all batteries at the same time; do not mix old and new batteries. Do not mix alkaline, standard (carbon-zinc), or rechargeable (ni-cad, ni-mh, etc.) batteries.
- When batteries of different brands or types are used together, or new and old batteries are used together, some batteries may be over-discharged due to a difference in voltage or capacity. This can result in venting, leakage, and rupture and may cause personal injury.
This scale has a low battery indicator. It will display ”LO” and the scale says “Low Battery” or readings will grow dim, or the voice quality distorts or becomes too soft to hear, the batteries need replacement.
“O-Ld” indicates an overload warning. The maximum capacity of this scale is 440 lbs / 200 kgs. Should “O-Ld” appear on the display during a weighing, this indicates that the maximum weighing capacity of the scale has been exceeded. Remove the weight immediately; otherwise, permanent damage may occur.
If the scale displays “Err”, this indicates the weight is not stable and the scale cannot lock in the weight. Step off and back onto the scale, standing still while your weight computes.
- Clean exposed parts with a soft, slightly damp cloth. To remove stains, use a mild soap. Never use detergents, excess water, treated cloths, harsh cleaning agents, or sprays. Do not attempt to lubricate or open scale casing as this will void your warranty.
- Although your scale is designed to be maintenance-free, it contains sensitive electronic parts. Avoid rough treatment. Do not drop, kick, or jump on it. Treat it with care to ensure the best performance.
- Do not store scale where you store cleaning chemicals. The vapors from some household products may affect the electronic components of your scale. Do not store scale on its side.
- This scale is an extremely sensitive weighing device. To prevent the run down of the batteries, do not store anything on the scale.
arty issuing Supplier’s Declaration of Conformity &
Responsible party – U.S. Contact information:
Taylor division of Lifetime Brands Inc.
2311 W. 22nd Street, Suite 200
Oak Brook, IL 60523
- Product Name: Digital Scale
- Model No.: 7405
- Trade Name: Taylor
We declare under our sole responsibility that the above-referenced product has been tested according to FCC requirements and this device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, under part 15 of the FCC rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used by the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and the receiver.
- Connect the equipment to an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help
Five (5) Year Limited Warranty
This scale is warranted against defects in materials or workmanship (excluding batteries) for five (5) years for the original purchaser from the date of retail purchase. It does not cover damages or wear resulting from accident, misuse, abuse, commercial use, or unauthorized adjustment and/or repair. Do not return to the retailer. For product support & warranty information: Please contact us with proof of receipt) at:
2220 Entrada Del Sol, Suite A
Las Cruces, New Mexico 88001 USA
There are no express warranties except as listed above. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary from state to state. For additional product information, or warranty information outside the USA, please contact us through www.taylorusa.com. © 2021 Taylor Division of Lifetime Brands Inc. All rights reserved. Made to our exact specifications in China. Not legal for trade.