BEURER BC 27 Blood Pressure Monitor Manual
thank you for choosing a product from our range. Our name stands for high-quality, thoroughly tested products for applications in the areas of heat, weight, blood pressure, body temperature, pulse, gentle therapy, massage, beauty, and air. Please read these instructions for use carefully and keep them for later use, be sure to make them accessible to other users and observe the information they contain. Best regards, Your Beurer Team.
INCLUDED IN DELIVERY
Check that the exterior of the cardboard delivery packaging is intact and make sure that all contents are present. Before use, ensure that there is no visible damage to the device or accessories and that all packaging material has been removed. If you have any doubts, do not use the device and contact your
retailer or the specified Customer Service address.
SIGNS AND SYMBOLS
The following symbols are used in these instructions for use, on the packaging and on the type plate for the device and the accessories:
The blood pressure monitor is intended for the fully automatic, non-invasive measurement of arterial blood pressure and pulse values on a wrist with a wrist circumference of 14 cm to 19.5 cm. It is intended for use indoors and by adults only.
It is designed for self-measurement by adults in the home environment and is suitable for users whose wrist circumference is within the range printed on the cuff.
The user can record their blood pressure and pulse values quickly and easily using the device. The recorded values are classified according to internationally applicable guidelines and evaluated graphically.
WARNINGS AND SAFETY NOTES
- Do not use the blood pressure monitor on newborns, children, or pets.
- Do not use the cuff on people who have undergone a mastectomy.
- Make sure that the cuff is not placed on a wrist in which the arteries or veins are undergoing medical treatment.
This device can identify any irregular heartbeat disturbances as part of the analysis of your recorded pulse signal during blood pressure measurement. In this case, after the measurement, the device will indicate any irregularities in your pulse by displaying the symbol in the display. This can be an indicator for irregular heartbeat. If the symbol appears on the display after the measurement, the measurement must be repeated as the measurement accuracy may be impaired. To assess your blood pressure, only use the results that have been recorded without corresponding irregularities in your pulse. If the symbol appears frequently, please consult your doctor. Only they can establish the existence of an arrhythmia during a checkup, using their means of diagnosis.
- Wrist cuff
- Risk indicator
- Start/stop button
- Memory button
- Battery compartment lid
Inserting the batteries
- Remove the battery compartment lid on the left side of the device A .
- Insert two 1.5 V AAA micro (alkaline type LR03) batteries. Do not use rechargeable batteries.
Adjusting the settings
You must make sure that the device has the correct settings before use in order to be able to make full use of all functions.
Attaching the cuff
- Certain deviations between the measured blood pressure on the right wrist and You should always perform the measurement on the wrist with the highest blood pressure values. From this point on, always take measurements on the same wrist.
- Uncover your wrist.
- Position the cuff so that there is a distance of 1.0 – 1.5 cm between it and the heel of your hand B 2 .
- Now fasten the cuff tightly around your wrist using the hook-and-loop fastener.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
- Clean the device and cuff carefully using a slightly damp cloth only.
- Do not use any cleaning agents or solvents.
- Under no circumstances hold the device and cuff under water, as this can cause liquid to enter and damage the device and cuff.
- If you store the device and cuff, do not place heavy objects on the device and cuff. Remove the batteries.
Repairing and disposing of the device
- Do not repair or adjust the device yourself.
- Do not open the device. Failure to comply with this instruction will void the warranty.
- For environmental reasons, do not dispose of the device in the household waste at the end of its useful life. Dispose of the device at a suitable local collection or recycling point in your country. Dispose of the device in accordance with EC Directive – WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment). If you have any questions, please contact the local authorities responsible for waste disposal.
Beurer GmbH, Söflinger Straße 218, 89077 Ulm, Germany (hereinafter referred to as “Beurer”) provides a warranty for this product, subject to the requirements below and to the extent described as follows. The warranty conditions below shall not affect the seller’s statutory warranty obligations which ensue from the sales agreement with the buyer. The warranty shall apply without prejudice to any mandatory statutory provisions on liability. Beurer guarantees the perfect functionality and completeness of this product.
The worldwide warranty period is 5 years, commencing from the purchase of the new, unused product from the seller. The warranty only applies to products purchased by the buyer as a consumer and used exclusively for personal purposes in the context of domestic use. German law shall apply. During the warranty period, should this product prove to be incomplete or defective in functionality in accordance with the following provisions, Beurer shall carry out a repair or a replacement delivery free of charge, in accordance with these warranty conditions.
A warranty claim shall only be considered if the buyer can provide Beurer, or an authorized Beurer partner, with a copy of the invoice/purchase receipt, and the original product. The following are explicitly excluded from this warranty: – deterioration due to normal use or consumption of the product;
- damage that arises during transport between manufacturer and customer, or between the service center and customer;
- products purchased as seconds or as used goods;
- consequential damage arising from a fault in this product (however, in this case, claims may exist arising from product liability or other compulsory statutory liability provisions).
Repairs or exchanges in full do not extend the warranty period under any circumstances.