BEURER MC5000 Massage Chair Manual
thank you for choosing a product from our range. Our name stands for high-quality, thoroughly tested products for applications in the areas of heat, weight, blood pressure, body temperature, pulse, gentle therapy, massage, beauty, and air. Please read these instructions for use carefully and keep them for later use, be sure to make them accessible to other users and observe the information they contain. Best regards, Your Beurer Team.
- The massage chair is intended for the purpose of massaging the back, legs, and feet.
- Please observe the safety notes in these instructions for use.
- Use the device only according to the methods specified.
- The device is suitable only for private use and not for medical or commercial purposes.
- Read these instructions for use carefully. Non-observance of the following information may result in personal injury or material damage.
- Store these instructions for use in a safe place and make them accessible to all users.
- Make sure you include these instructions for use when handing over the device to third parties.
- Use the device only with the mains voltage specified on the device.
- Never use the device if it or any of the accessories show visible damage.
- Do not use the device if it was accidentally splashed with water.
- Do not use the device during a storm.
- Do not open the device.
- Only specialist personnel may perform repairs on electrical devices. Improper repairs may subject users to a considerable danger. For repairs, please
contact Customer Service or an authorized retailer.
- If the mains plug or mains cable of the device are damaged, they must be replaced by the manufacturer or at an authorized customer service point.
- The zip fastening of the massage chair must not be opened. It is only used for technical production reasons.
- Do not insert needles or other sharp objects into the chair.
Risk of fire
There may be a risk of fire if the device is used improperly or these instructions for use are ignored!
- Ensure that the vents are free at all times. Always keep the vents free from dust, hair etc.
- Do not use the device together with other electrical devices (e.g. electric blanket).
- Never use the device near petrol or other highly flammable substances.
This device is exclusively intended to massage the back, legs and feet of humans. It cannot replace medical treatment. Do not use the massager if one or several of the following warnings applies to you.
Getting to know your device
- You can enjoy your own massage at home with the Beurer MC5000 massage chair.
- The massage chair offers different types of massage to give you a soothing and revitalizing massage.
- There are three massage programmers that focus on different areas.
Do not use the massager
- If you suffer from a medical abnormality or injury to your back (e.g. slipped disc)
- On children
- During pregnancy
- While sleeping
- On animals
- Whilst undertaking any activity where an unexpected reaction could be dangerous
- After the consumption of substances that lead to limited cognitive ability (e.g. pain medication, alcohol).
If you are unsure whether the massager is suitable for you, please consult your doctor.
You should consult your doctor before using the massager
- If you suffer from a severe illness or recently had surgery on your upper body
- If you have a pacemaker, implant, or other aids
- If you are suffering pain and the cause of which is unknown
- The device is only intended for the purpose described in these instructions for use. The manufacturer is not liable for damage resulting from improper or careless use.
- This device is not intended for use by people (including children) with restricted physical, sensory, or mental skills or a lack of experience and/or a lack of knowledge unless they are supervised by a person who has responsibility for their safety or is instructed by this person on how to use the device.
- Do not touch the massage mechanism or the rollers with your hands during operation; there is a danger of crushing.
- Hand switch
- Seat cushion
- Leg rest
- Main switch
- Mains socket
- Massage rollers
- Air pressure massage points
Install the massage chair on a sturdy and even surface.
Unpacking and assembly
The massage chair MC5000 is delivered in a cardboard box.
- Open the cardboard box and hold the massage chair at the designated holding points.
- Remove the chair from the cardboard box. Four persons are required for this.
- Carefully remove all the packaging material.
- Unfold the backrest to the upright position until the locking mechanism audibly engages.
- The backrest now stands at approx. 115°.
- The air pressure massage can be activated or deactivated separately.
- Once the massage program has finished, the massage chair switches to standby mode.
- The massage can be stopped at any time by pressing the massage button again.
- The massage can be paused at any time by pressing the pause button. The currently selected setting is shown on the display.
Automatic massage programs
There are three automatic massage programs Relax, Refresh, and Therapy as well as the air pressure massage. These automatic programs massage your entire back with a combination of kneading, tapping, rolling, and Shiatsu massage elements.
Maintenance and storage
- Wipe the massage chair from time to time with a dry, lint-free or slightly damp cloth.
- Every two to three months, wipe the chair using a clean cloth with a small amount of care product for artificial leather.
Before switching on
- Wear comfortable clothes during the massage.
- Remove all objects from your trouser pockets (e.g. keys, pocket knife, mobile phone).
- Assume a comfortable, relaxed position.
- Always sit in the middle of the seat so that your spine is positioned precisely between the massage rollers.
What if there are problems?
Warranty and service
- In the event of a warranty claim or service case, please contact Customer Services in your respective country.
- You can find the address in the enclosed address list.