BEURER BM96 Cardio With ECG Function Manual
Included in delivery
Check that the exterior of the cardboard delivery packaging is intact and make sure that all contents are present. Before use, ensure that there is no visible damage to the device or accessories and that all packaging material has been removed. If you have any doubts, do not use the device and contact your retailer or the specified Customer Service address.
- 1x blood pressure monitor with ECG function
- 1x ECG stick
- 1x upper arm cuff (22-42 cm)
- 1x USB cable
- 4x 1.5V AA batteries (LR6)
- 1x storage pouch
- 1x instructions for use
- 1x quick start guide
- 1x annex for attending doctor
Signs and symbols
The following symbols are used on the device, in these instructions for use, on the packaging and on the type plate for the device:
The blood pressure monitor with ECG function is used to carry out non-invasive measurement and of the arterial blood pressure values on the upper arm and to calculate the heart rhythm. The device provides information about the average pulse as well as changes in the heart rhythm. Using a Bluetooth® connection, the recorded electrocardiogram (ECG) can be read out on a smartphone and printed out for further examination by a doctor. It is designed for self-measurement by adults in the home environment.
When taking the ECG measurement, the device provides information about the average pulse and any changes in the heart rhythm. The blood pressure measurement is suitable for adult users whose upper arm circumference is within the range printed on the cuff. The ECG measurement is suitable for all adult users who can independently take a recording based on lead one, two or three (see chapter 8 on using the ECG)
Warnings and safety notes
- The measured values taken by you are for your information only – they are no substitute for a medical examination. Discuss the measured values with your doctor and never make your own medical decisions based on them (e.g. regarding dosages of medicines).
- The device is only intended for the purpose described in these instructions for use. The manufacturer is not liable for damage resulting from improper or incorrect use.
- Using the blood pressure monitor outside your home environment or whilst on the move (e.g. whilst travelling in a car, ambulance or helicopter, or whilst undertaking physical activity such as playing sport) can influence the measurement accuracy and cause incorrect measurements.
- Cardiovascular diseases may lead to incorrect measurements or have a detrimental effect on measurement accuracy.
- Do not use the device at the same time as other medical electrical devices (ME equipment). This could lead to a malfunction of the device and/or an inaccurate measurement.
- Do not use the device outside of the specified storage and operating conditions. This could lead to incorrect measurements.
- Only use the cuffs included in delivery or cuffs described in these instructions for use for the device. Using another cuff may lead to measurement inaccuracies.
- Please note that when inflating the cuff, the functions of the limb in question may be impaired.
- Do not perform measurements more frequently than necessary. Due to the restriction of blood flow, some bruising may occur.
Blood pressure monitor with ECG stick and cuff.
- Cuff line
- Cuff connector
- ECG stick holder
- Connector for ECG stick and USB cable
- START/STOP button
- Memory buttons M1 and M2
- Connection for cuff connector
- Setting buttons /
- Upper electrode
- Lower electrode
Inserting the batteries
- Open the battery compartment lid.
- Insert four 1.5 V AA (alkaline type LR6) batteries. Make sure that the batteries are inserted the correct way round in accordance with the markings.
Do not use rechargeable batteries.
- Carefully close the battery compartment lid again.
- All display elements are briefly displayed. Now set the date and time as described below.
Usage (blood pressure)
- In order to generate as informative a profile of the progression of your blood pressure as possible and ensure that the measured values can be compared, you should measure your blood pressure regularly and always at the same times of day. It is recommended that you measure your blood pressure twice a day: once in the morning after getting up and once in the evening.
- You should always carry out the measurement when you are sufficiently physically rested. You should therefore avoid taking measurements during stressful periods.
- Do not take a measurement within 30 minutes of eating, drinking, smoking or exercising.
- Before the initial blood pressure measurement, make sure always to rest for 5 minutes.
- Furthermore, if you want to take several measurements in succession, make sure always to wait for at least 1 minute between the individual measurements.
- Repeat the measurement if you are unsure of the measured value.
- Place the cuff on your upper arm only. Do not place the cuff on other parts of the body.
- General notes on using the ECG stick • The ECG measuring device is a single-channel electrocardiogram (ECG) device that you can use to rapidly
record an electrocardiogram (ECG). In addition, the device provides a clear evaluation of the recording, particularly as regards any disruption of the heart rhythm.
- The ECG measuring device displays changes in the heart rhythm, which may have various different causes. These may be harmless, but may also be triggered by illnesses or diseases of differing degrees of severity. Please consult a medical specialist if you believe you may have an illness or disease.
- Electrocardiograms recorded using the ECG measuring device show the heart’s function at the time of the measurement. As such, any changes occurring before or after the measurement is taken may not necessarily be detected.
- ECG measurements, such as those taken with the ECG measuring device, cannot identify all heart diseases. Regardless of the measurement taken, you should consult your doctor immediately if you experience symptoms that could indicate acute heart disease. Such symptoms could include (but are not limited to):
- pain or pressure on the left of the chest area or abdomen,
- radiating pain in the area of the mouth/jaw/face, or in the shoulders, arm or hands.
Cleaning and maintenance
- Clean the main unit, ECG stick and cuff carefully using a slightly damp cloth only.
- Do not use any corrosive cleaning agents or solvents.
- If the electrode surfaces of the ECG stick are dirty, clean them with a damp cloth.
- When you are not using the ECG stick, disconnect it from the main unit.
- Under no circumstances should you hold the main unit, ECG stick or cuff under water, as this can cause liquid to enter and damage the device internally.
- No heavy objects should be placed on top of the device when in storage. Remove the batteries. The cuff line should not be bent sharply.
Accessories and replacement parts
Accessories and replacement parts are available from the corresponding service address (according to the service address list). Please state the corresponding order number.
- Repairing and disposing of the device • Do not repair or adjust the device yourself.
- Do not open the device. Failure to comply will invalidate the warranty.
- Before making a claim, please check the batteries first and replace them if necessary.
- For environmental reasons, do not dispose of the device in household waste at the end of its service life. Dispose of the device at a suitable local collection or recycling point in your country. Dispose of the device in accordance with EC Directive – WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment).