Bose 300 Module Smart Soundbar User Manual
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
Confirm that the following parts are included:
May ship with multiple power cords. Use the power cord for your region.
NOTE: If any part of the product is damaged, don’t use it. Contact your authorized Bose dealer or Bose customer service.
- Place the soundbar outside of and away from metal cabinets, other audio/video components, and direct heat sources.
- Place the soundbar directly below (preferred) or above your TV with the grille facing into the room.
- Place the soundbar on its rubber feet on a stable and level surface. For proper support,both feet must be resting on the surface. Vibration can cause the soundbar to move, particularly on smooth surfaces like marble, glass, or highly polished wood.
- If placing the soundbar on a shelf or TV stand, position the front of the soundbar as close as possible to the front edge of the shelf or stand for best sound quality.
- Keep the back side of the soundbar at least 0.4 in (1 cm) from any other surface.Blocking the port(s) on this side affects sound quality.
WALL MOUNT THE SOUNDBAR
You can mount the soundbar on a wall. To purchase the Bose Soundbar Wall Bracket,contact your authorized Bose dealer.
CAUTION: Do NOT use any other hardware to mount the soundbar.
Adjust audio for wall mounting
After you mount the soundbar, you must adjust audio for best sound quality.On the remote, press and hold the Mute button A for 5 seconds until you hear a tone and the light bar pulses white twice.
NOTE: If you remove the soundbar from the wall, repeat to return the soundbar to default audio settings.
TIP: You can also adjust audio for wall mounting using the Bose Music app.
CONNECT THE SOUNDBAR TO POWER
- Connect the power cord to the POWER port on the back of the soundbar.
- Plug the other end of the power cord into an AC (mains) outlet.
The soundbar powers on, and the light bar glows solid amber.
The soundbar transitions to network standby when audio has stopped and you have not pressed any buttons for 20 minutes. To wake the soundbar from network standby:
- On the remote, press the Power button I, a source button (see page 20), or the Play/Pause button F
- Play or resume audio using your mobile device or using the Bose Music app.
- Talk to Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa.
- To access your voice assistant in network standby, make sure the soundbar has been set up using the Bose Music app (see page 16) and the microphone is on.
- You can disable the standby timer using the Bose Music app. You can access this option from the Settings menu.
BOSE MUSIC APP SETUP
The Bose Music app lets you set up and control the soundbar from any mobile device, such as a smartphone
or tablet.Using the app, you can stream music, set and change presets, add music services,explore internet radio stations, configure Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa, choose your voice prompt language, manage soundbar settings, and get new features.
NOTE: If you have already created a Bose Music account for another Bose product, add the soundbar to your existing account
DOWNLOAD THE BOSE MUSIC APP
- On your mobile device, download the Bose Music app.
- Follow the app instructions.
EXISTING BOSE MUSIC APP USERS
ADD THE SOUNDBAR TO AN EXISTING ACCOUNT
In the Bose Music app, go to the My Products screen and add your Bose Smart Soundbar 300.
CONNECT TO A DIFFERENT WI-FI NETWORK
Connect to a different network if your network name or password has changed or if you want to change or add another network.
- On the remote, press and hold the Mute button A and Bose Music app button m until the light bar glows amber.
- On your mobile device, open your Wi-Fi settings.
- Select Bose Smart Soundbar 300.
- Open the Bose Music app and follow the app instructions.
NOTE: If the app doesn’t prompt you for setup, go to the My Products screen and add your soundbar.
The soundbar controls are located on the top of the soundbar and on the remote.
TIP: You can also control the soundbar using the Bose Music app.
Use the remote to control the soundbar, Bluetooth connections, and Bose Music app.
Media playback and volume
|WHAT TO DO
• When audio is paused, two lights in the center of the light bar glow solid white until audio resumes.
• You can only play/pause audio when the Bose Music app or Bluetooth is your source.
NOTE: To quickly increase the volume, press and hold H.
NOTE: To quickly decrease the volume, press and hold z.
When audio is muted, the left side of the light bar glows solid white until audio resumes.
TIP: You can also press H to unmute audio.
PLAY MUSIC WITH GOOGLE ASSISTANT
You can ask Google Assistant to play music from your default audio service or from a specific audio service. Start with “Hey Google,” then say:
|Play some music.
NOTE: Google Assistant uses your default audio service. To change the default audio service, use the Google Assistant app.
|Control your speaker
|Turn up the volume.
Play from a specific audio service
|Play NPR on TuneIn.
NOTE: Google Assistant doesn’t support all audio services.
Play on a specific speaker
|Play some jazz on the living room speakers.
NOTE: Make sure you say the speaker name you assigned in the Bose Music app. If multiple speakers have the same name, use the name assigned in the Google Assistant app or change the name in the Bose Music app.
CONNECT BOSE PRODUCTS
You can connect any of these accessories to the soundbar. For more information, refer to your accessory owner’s guide.
- Bose Bass Module 700: worldwide.Bose.com/Support/BASS700
- Bose Bass Module 500: worldwide.Bose.com/Support/BASS500
- Acoustimass 300 bass module: global.Bose.com/Support/AM300
- Bose Surround Speakers 700: worldwide.Bose.com/Support/WSS700
- Bose Surround Speakers: worldwide.Bose.com/Support/WSS
- Virtually Invisible 300 wireless surround speakers:global. Bose.com/Support/VI300
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
UPDATE THE SOUNDBAR
The soundbar updates automatically when connected to the Bose Music app and your Wi-Fi network.
REPLACE THE REMOTE BATTERY
Using a coin, turn the battery compartment cover left (counter-clockwise) and remove the cover.
REPLACEMENT PARTS AND ACCESSORIES
Replacement parts and accessories can be ordered through Bose customer service.
The soundbar is covered by a limited warranty. Visit our website at global.Bose.com/warranty for details of the limited warranty.
To register your product, visit global.Bose.com/register for instructions. Failure to register will not affect your limited warranty rights.
TRY THESE SOLUTIONS FIRST
If you experience problems with the soundbar:
- Make sure the soundbar is connected to a live AC (mains) outlet.
- Secure all cables.
- Check the state of the soundbar.
- Move the soundbar at least 1 – 3 ft (0.3 – 0.9 m) away from possible interference (wireless routers, cordless phones, televisions, microwaves, etc.).
- Move the soundbar within the recommended range of your wireless router or mobile device for proper operation.
- Place the soundbar according to the placement guidelines.