BOSE SoundLink Micro Bluetooth Speaker Manual
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
- Important Safety Instructions
- Read these instructions.
- Keep these instructions.
- Heed all warnings.
- Follow all instructions.
- Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- Refer all servicing to qualified personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as a power-supply cord or plug is damaged, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
- Keep the product away from fire and heat sources. Do NOT place naked flame sources, such as lighted candles, on or near the product.
- Do NOT make unauthorized alterations to this product.
- Use this product only with an agency-approved power supply that meets local regulatory requirements (e.g., UL, CSA, VDE, CCC).
- Do not expose products containing batteries to excessive heat (e.g. from storage in direct sunlight, fire or the like).
- The product label is located on the strap and the bottom of the product.
Confirm that the following parts are included:
Note: If any part of the product is damaged, do not use it. Contact your authorized Bose dealer or Bose customer service. Visit: global.Bose.com/Support/Micro.
Controls are located on the top and outer edge of the speaker.
- Press the Power button .
- The battery indicators glow solid white.
The auto-off timer conserves the battery when the speaker is operating on battery power. The speaker switches off when audio has stopped and buttons have not been pressed for 20 minutes.
Note: To adjust the time it takes for your speaker to automatically power off, use the Bose® Connect app.
Media playback and volume functions
|What to do
|Press the Multi-function button.
|Press twice quickly.
|Press three times quickly.
|What to do
|Answer a call
|Press the Multi-function button .
|End a call
|Decline an incoming call
|Press and hold for one second.
|Answer a second incoming call and put the current call on hold
|While on a call, press .
|Decline a second incoming call and stay on current call
|While on a call, press and hold for one second.
|Switch between two calls
|With two active calls, press twice quickly.
Access voice control to make a call
|While not on a call, press and hold for one second.
Your mobile device may not support voice control. Refer to your device owner’s guide for more information.
|Mute/unmute a call
|While on a call, press + and – simultaneously.
Charge the speaker
- Plug the small end of the USB cable into the USB connector.
- Plug the other end of the USB cable into a wall charger or computer that is powered on. While charging, the last lit battery indicator blinks white. When the battery is fully charged, all five battery indicators glow solid white.
Allow up to four hours to fully charge the battery. A full charge powers the speaker for up to six hours.
Battery protection mode
When your speaker battery is depleted (0%), or your speaker is unplugged and unused for more than three days (with a remaining charge of less than 10%), it enters battery protection mode. To reactivate your speaker, connect it to a wall charger or computer that is powered on. When not in use, store your speaker in a cool place.
CAUTION: Do not store your speaker for extended periods when fully charged or with a remaining charge of less than 10 percent.
Bluetooth wireless technology lets you stream music from mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets and laptop computers. Before you can stream music from a device, you must connect the device with your speaker.
Connect your mobile device using the Bose® Connect app (recommended)
With your speaker powered on, download the Bose Connect app and follow the on-screen connection instructions.
Once connected, you hear “Connected to <mobile device name>,” and the Bluetooth indicator glows solid white.
Disconnect a mobile device
Disable the Bluetooth feature on your device.
Tip: You can also disconnect your device using the Bose® Connect app.
Reconnect a mobile device
When powered on, the speaker tries to reconnect with the two most recently-connected devices.
Note: The devices must be within range (30 ft. or 9 m) and powered on.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
Clean the speaker
- Clean the surface of the speaker with a soft, damp cloth (water only).
- Do not use any solvents, chemicals or cleaning solutions containing alcohol, ammonia or abrasives.
Replacement parts and accessories
Replacement parts and accessories can be ordered through Bose customer service. Visit: global.Bose.com/Support/Micro
Your speaker is covered by a limited warranty. Visit our website at global.bose.com/warranty for details of the limited warranty.
To register your product, visit global.Bose.com/register for instructions. Failure to register will not affect your limited warranty rights.
|No power (battery)
|• Battery may be in protection mode or discharged. Connect your speaker to a wall charger or computer that is powered on.
|Speaker does not connect with mobile device
|• On your device:
– Disable and then enable the Bluetooth feature.
– Delete your speaker from the Bluetooth list on your device. Connect again (see page 25).
• Connect a different device (see page 26).
• Visit: global.Bose.com/Support/Micro to see how-to videos.
• Clear the speaker pairing list (see page 26). Connect again.
|Bose® speakers do not pair together manually
|• Download the Bose Connect app for an additional way to pair your Bose speakers.
• Your second speaker may not support Stereo or Party mode. Refer to your Bose speaker owner’s guide.
|• Make sure voice prompts are on. Press the Bluetooth button to hear the connected device. Make sure you are using the correct device.
• Use a different music source.
• Connect a different mobile device (see page 25).
• If two devices are connected, pause audio on the first device and play audio on the other device.
• If two devices are connected, move the devices within range of the speaker (30 ft. or 9 m).
Reset your speaker
- Power on your speaker.
- Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds. The speaker powers off.
- Press the Bluetooth indicator glows blue, and you hear “Ready to connect. To start setup, download the Bose® Connect app” (see page 22).