Cosori Smart Electric Gooseneck Kettle Manual
- 1 x Smart Electric Gooseneck Kettle
- 1 x Power Base
- 1 x User Manual
|AC 120V, 60Hz
|0.85 qt / 0.8 L
|2.57 lb / 1.17 kg
|11.6 x 9 x 7.7 in / 29.4 x 22.7 x 19.7 cm
Always follow basic safety precautions when using your kettle.Read all instructions.
CAUTION: Do not touch hot surfaces Use the handle. Do not touch the heated parts of the base or the metal walls of the kettle during or immediately after operation.
CAUTION: Do not fill the kettle above the “MAX” line. This may cause water to boil over and may cause scalding.
CAUTION: To avoid scalding, always handle with care when there is hot water inside the kettle.
- Do not immerse the kettle, base, cord, or plug in water or other liquids.
- Closely supervise children near the kettle. Do not allow children to use or play with this kettle.
- Unplug the kettle when it is not being used and before cleaning.
- Allow to cool before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning.
- Do not use the kettle if it is malfunctioning, or if any part, including the base, cord, or plug, is damaged in
any way. Do not try to repair the kettle.Contact Customer Support (see page 14).
GETTING TO KNOW YOUR SMART KETTLE
- A. Lid
- B. Steam Vents
- C. Kettle
- D. Spout
- E. Handle
- F. Power Base
- G. Heating Plate
- H. Control Panel
- I. Cord
Sets the kettle to 180°F / 82°C, the ideal temperature for green tea.
Sets the kettle to 195°F / 91°C, the ideal temperature for oolong tea.
Sets the kettle to 205°F / 96°C, the ideal temperature for coffee.
212°F BOIL BLACK
Sets the kettle to 212°F / 100°C, the ideal temperature for black tea.
MyBrew’s default temperature is 140°F. Use the VeSync app to change MyBrew’s default temperature.
Starts or cancels Hold Temperature Mode to maintain desired temperature (see page 9).
Press to turn the kettle off. Press and hold for 15 seconds to restore the factory settings.
BEFORE FIRST USE
Perform the Water Test before using your kettle to make sure it’s working properly.Do not drink the water that is boiled during this test.
- Remove all packaging from your kettle and its accessories.
- Completely unravel the power cable and place the power base on a flat, level,
- Fill the kettle with water to the “MAX” line, then put the lid on the kettle. Press firmly to make sure the lid fits securely.
- Press 212°F (“BOIL BLACK”).
- The kettle will automatically turn off once it has finished boiling the water.Allow it to cool, then pour out the water.Rinse thoroughly 2–3 times with cold water.
VeSync App Setup
- To download the VeSync app, scan the QR code or search “VeSync” in the Apple App Store® or Google Play Store
- Open the VeSync app. If you already have an account, tap Log In. To create a new account, tap Sign Up.
- Follow the in-app instructions to finish setting up your smart kettle.
USING YOUR SMART KETTLE
- Use filtered water for perfect pour-over brewing.
- If you start the kettle without water in it, the kettle will turn off and controls will be disabled.See Boil-Dry Protection (page 10).
- Add at least ½ US cup / 118 mL of filtered water to the kettle. Do not fill above the “MAX” line. Wipe any water from the outside of the kettle and the base.
- Put the lid on the kettle and make sure it fits securely. Place the kettle on the power base.
- Plug in the cord. The button lights will blink, and the base will beep once.
- Press a preset temperature button. The button will light up, and the kettle will start heating up the water.
Making Pour-Over Coffee
You’ll need a pour-over coffee maker, such as Cosori’s Original 8-Cup Pour-Over Coffee Maker.
- Place the coffee maker filter into the decanter.
- Add ground coffee to the filter according to your preference.
- Heat water using the smart kettle.
- Use the kettle to gently pour water over the coffee grounds using a slow spiral motion. Pour just enough water to saturate the grounds.
CARE & MAINTENANCE
- Unplug the kettle and allow it to cool before cleaning.
- Wipe the kettle and base with a soft, damp cloth. Make sure that the electric socket on the underside of the kettle is kept dry.
- Dry all parts after every use
Descaling the Smart Kettle
You should descale the kettle at least once a week if you use it frequently. Descaling removes any mineral deposits that have built up inside the kettle. Always descale the kettle before and after storing for long periods of time.
- Unplug the kettle and pour out all water.Make sure the kettle is cool.
- Squeeze half a lemon into the kettle,or add ½ US cup / 118 mL of distilled vinegar into the kettle.
- If the kettle has thick scale buildup, scrub the kettle’s inner walls with a non scratch scrub sponge.
Note: For quick descaling, add 3 US tbsp / 44 mL of baking soda to ½ US cup / 118 mL of vinegar into the kettle. Swirl the mixture around until it coats the walls of the kettle, wipe with a non-scratch sponge,and pour the mixture out. This method will only work for a thin layer of scale.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference, and
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Any changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate this equipment.This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device,pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can
radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions,may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
LIMITED ONE-YEAR WARRANTY
|Smart Electric Gooseneck Kettle
|For your own reference, we strongly recommend that you record your order ID and date of purchase.
|Date of Purchase
Terms & Policy
Arovast Corporation (“Arovast”) warrants this product to the original purchaser to be free from defects in material and workmanship, under normal use and conditions, for a period of one year from the date of original purchase.
Arovast agrees, at our option during the warranty period, to repair any defect in material or workmanship or furnish an equal product in exchange without charge, subject to verification of the defect or malfunction and proof of the date of purchase.
There is no other express warranty. This warranty does not apply:
- If the product has been modified from its original condition;
- If the product has not been used in accordance with directions and instructions in the user manual;
- To damages or defects caused by accident,abuse, misuse or improper or inadequate maintenance;
- To damages or defects caused by service or repair of the product performed by an unauthorized service provider or by anyone other than Arovast;
If you have any questions or concerns about your new product, please contact our helpful Customer Support Team.Please have your invoice and order ID ready before contacting Customer Support.Arovast Corporation
1202 N. Miller St., Suite A Anaheim, CA 92806 Support Hours Mon–Fri, 9:00 am–5:00 pm PST/PDT
Email: email@example.com Toll-Free: (888) 402-1684