EPSON EF12 Smart Mini Laser Projector Manual
Make sure your projector box includes all of these parts:
Connect the projector
Your projector includes built-in Android TV with apps that can be launched when the remote control is paired to the projector. To stream content, make sure you have a wireless Internet connection and an active streaming account, and enter your login information as necessary for each app.
You can stream content from devices using Chromecast-compatible apps. See the online User’s Guide for details.
Note: This feature may not be available in all regions.
Video device or computer
You can connect video equipment or a computer. Connect one end of an HDMI cable to one of the projector’s HDMI ports and the other end to an HDMI port on your video device or computer. See the online User’s Guide for details.
Caution: Do not turn on the video source before connecting it to the projector; you may damage the projector.
The projector has built-in speakers that can play audio from the video source you are viewing. You can also use the projector’s speakers to play sound from a device connected via Bluetooth®. Press the button on the remote control or projector, then select the projector from your device. See the online User’s Guide for details.
You can connect the projector to headphones through the audio out port.
Turn on your projector
Note: If you are projecting from an external video device or computer, make sure it is connected to the projector first.
- Plug in the projector.
- Press the power button on the projector or remote control. The status light flashes blue and then stays on.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to pair the remote control and projector, select your language, connect to your wireless network, and sign in to your Google account.
Note: To shut down the projector, press the power button.
Adjust the image
- To reduce or enlarge the image, move the projector closer to or farther away from the screen.
- To adjust the image height, press and hold the foot release lever on the bottom of the projector to extend the front adjustable foot. Release the lever to lock the foot in the desired position.
- Your projector automatically focuses the image, but if necessary you can press the button on the remote control to improve the appearance.
- Your projector automatically adjusts an image that looks like or but if necessary you can press the button on the remote control to correct it.
Note: For more adjustment methods, see the online User’s Guide.
Using the remote control
Install two AAA batteries as shown below.
- If you see a blank screen, check the following:
- Make sure your computer or video device is properly connected.
- Make sure the status light on the projector is blue and not flashing.
- Press the power button or the button on the projector or remote control to wake the projector from standby or sleep mode, if necessary.
- If you see a blank screen when a computer is connected, check the following:
- On some Windows® laptops, you may need to hold down the Fn key and press F7 or the function key that lets you display on an external monitor. It may be labeled CRT/LCD or have an icon such as On Windows 7 or later, hold down the Windows key and press P at the same time, then click Duplicate.
- If you’re using a Mac laptop, open System Preferences and select Displays. Click the Arrangement tab and select the Mirror Displays checkbox.
- If the projector does not respond to remote control commands, make sure the batteries in the remote control are installed correctly. Replace the batteries, if necessary.
Register today to get product updates and exclusive offers. You can register online at www.epson.com/webreg.
Where to get help
For more information about using the projector, you can view or download the online manual from the Epson website, as described below.
Visit www.epson.com/support (U.S.) or www.epson.ca/support (Canada) and search for your product to download software and utilities, view the manual, get FAQs and troubleshooting advice, or contact Epson.
Telephone support services
To use the Epson® Private Line® Support service, call (800) 637-7661. This service is available for the duration of your warranty period. You may also speak with a support specialist by calling (562) 276-4394 (U.S.) or (905) 709-3839 (Canada).Support hours are 6 am to 8 pm, Pacific Time, Monday through Friday, and 7 am to 4 pm, Pacific Time, Saturday. Days and hours of support are subject to change without notice. Toll or long distance charges may apply.
For a list of optional accessories, see the online User’s Guide. You can purchase screens or other accessories from an Epson authorized reseller. To find the nearest reseller, call 800-GO-EPSON (800-463-7766). Or you can purchase online at www.epsonstore.com (U.S. sales) or www.epsonstore.ca(Canadian sales).
Supplier’s Declaration of Conformity
According to 47CFR, Part 2 and 15, Class B Personal Computers and Peripherals; and/or CPU Boards and Power Supplies used with Class B Personal Computers.
- We: Epson America, Inc.
- Located at: 3131 Katella Ave, Los Alamitos, CA 90720
- Telephone: (562) 981-3840
Declare under sole responsibility that the product identified herein, complies with 47CFR Part 2 and 15 of the FCC rules as a Class B digital device. Each product marketed, is identical to the representative unit tested and found to be compliant with the standards. Records maintained continue to reflect the equipment being produced can be expected to be within the variation accepted, due to quantity production and testing on a statistical basis as required by 47CFR 2.906. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- this device may not cause harmful interference, and
- this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
- Trade Name: Epson
- Type of Product: LCD Projector
- Model: HA14A
- Marketing Name: EF12
- Options: Product name Model Remote controller RC4261804
Supplier’s Declaration of Conformity
According to 47CFR, Part 2 and 15, Class B external switching power supplies
- We: Epson America, Inc.
- Located at: 3131 Katella Avenue, Los Alamitos, CA 90720
- Telephone (562) 981-3840
Declare under sole responsibility that the product identified herein, complies with 47CFR Part 2 and 15 of the FCC rules as a Class B digital device. Each product marketed, is identical to the representative unit tested and found to be compliant with the standards. Records maintained continue to reflect the equipment being produced can be expected to be within the variation accepted, due to quantity production and testing on a statistical basis as required by 47CFR 2.906. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
- Trade Name: Epson
- Type of Product: AC Adapter
- Model: AD10370LF
Wireless LAN with Bluetooth Safety and Specifications
Contains wireless LAN with Bluetooth module model: STI6200-D101
Bluetooth remote controller model: RC4261804
This document provides safety instructions and describes the specifications. Read this document carefully before use to ensure your safety and product performance. Data transmission is always initiated by software, which is then passed down through the MAC, through the digital and analog baseband, and finally to the RF chip. Several special packets are initiated by the MAC. These are the only ways the digital baseband portion will turn on the RF transmitter, which it then turns off at the end of the packet.
Therefore, the transmitter will be on only while one of the aforementioned packets is being transmitted. In other words, this device automatically discontinues transmission in case of either absence of information to transmit or operational failure.
This equipment (without Bluetooth remote controller) should be installed and operated with a distance of at least 7.9 inches (20 cm) between the radiator and your body. This equipment is restricted to indoor operation only.
U.S. FCC Notices
Contains FCC ID: BKMAE-STI6200
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a
particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Industry Canada (IC) Notices
Contains IC: 1052D- STI6200
CAN ICES-3 (B)/NMB-3 (B)
This device complies with Industry Canada’s license-exempt RSSs. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause interference; and (2) This device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired
operation of the device.
This equipment complies with IC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment and meets RSS-102 of the IC radio frequency (RF) Exposure rules.