EPSON XP-7100 Small in one Printer User Manual
- Do not open ink cartridge packages until you are ready to install the ink. Cartridges are vacuum packed to maintain reliability.
- The CD/DVD tray is stored underneath cassette 2.
- Remove all protective materials from the product.
- Lift up the scanner unit and remove all protective materials from inside the product.
- Lower the scanner unit.
Turn on and configure
- Connect the power cord to the back of the product and to an electrical outlet.
- Turn on the product, then adjust the control panel.
- Select your language.
- You can change the language later using the product’s control panel. For more information, see the online User’s Guide.
- If an error message appears, turn off the product and check that no protective material has been left inside the product.
Install ink cartridges
Caution: Keep the ink cartridges out the reach of children and do not drink the ink.
- Lift up the scanner unit until it locks into place.
- Gently shake the Black (BK) ink cartridge. Do not shake the Photo Black (PB) or other ink cartridges.
- Unpack the ink cartridges.
- Cassette 1: 3.5 × 5-, 4 × 6-, or 5 × 7-inch photo paper
- Cassette 2: Letter-, A4-, legal-size, or 8 × 10-inch paper
See the online User’s Guide for information about available paper types and sizes, loading capacities, and printing on CD/DVD/Blu-ray® discs.
- Lower the front cover and raise the control panel.
- Pull out a paper cassette.
- Slide the side edge guides outward and set the front edge guide to the paper size you are using.
- Insert the paper with the glossy or printable side facedown.
Make sure the paper is loaded against the back of the cassette and not sticking out from the front of the cassette.
Note: If you are using a Mac or your computer does not have a CD/DVD drive, an Internet connection is required to obtain the product software.
To print from a Chromebook™, go to www.epson.com/support/gcp (U.S.) or www.epson.ca/support/gcp (Canada) for instructions.
- Make sure the product is NOT CONNECTED to your computer.
- Insert the product CD (Windows only) or download and run your product’s software package. For the latest software, visit: www.epson.com/support/xp7100 (U.S.) or www.epson.ca/support/xp7100 (Canada).
- Follow the instructions on the computer screen to run the setup program.
- When you see the Select Your Connection screen, select one of the following and follow the on-screen instructions:
In most cases, the software installer automatically attempts to set up your wireless connection. If the setup is unsuccessful, you may need to enter your network name (SSID) and password.
Direct USB connection
Make sure you have a USB cable (not included).
Wired network connection
Make sure you have an Ethernet cable (not included).
Connect wirelessly from your smartphone, tablet, or computer. Print documents and photos from across the room or around the world:
- Print directly from your iOS device. Simply connect your printer and device to the same network and tap the action icon to select the print option.
- Use Epson Print Enabler (free from Google Play™) with Android™ devices (v4.4 or later). Then connect your printer and device to the same network and tap the menu icon to select the print option.
- Print remotely with Epson Connect™ and Google Cloud Print™. See your online User’s Guide for instructions or learn more at www.epson.com/connect (U.S.) or www.epwww.epson.ca/connect (Canada).
The Network setup was unsuccessful.
- Make sure you select the right network name (SSID).
- Restart your router (turn it off and then on), then try to connect to it again.
- The printer can only connect to a network that supports 2.4 GHz connections. If your router offers both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz connections, make sure the 2.4 GHz connection is enabled.
- If you see a firewall alert message, click Unblock or Allow to let setup continue.
- If your network has security enabled, make sure you enter your network password (WEP key or WPA passphrase) correctly. Be sure to enter your password in the correct case.
There are lines or incorrect colors in my printouts.
Run a nozzle check to see if there are any gaps in the printout. Then clean the print head, if necessary. See the online User’s Guide for more information.
The product’s screen is dark.
Make sure your product is turned on, and press any button to wake it from sleep mode.
Setup is unable to find my printer after connecting it with a USB cable.
Make sure the printer is turned on and that it is securely connected as shown:
Basic information and troubleshooting.
Windows: Click the icon on your desktop or Apps screen to access the online User’s Guide.
Mac: Click the icon in Applications/Epson Software/Guide to access the online User’s Guide.
If you don’t have a User’s Guide icon, go to the Epson website, as described below.
Visit www.epson.com/support/xp7100 (U.S.) or www.epson.ca/support/xp7100 (Canada) to download drivers, view manuals, get FAQs, or contact Epson. Call (562) 276-4382 (U.S.) or (905) 709-3839 (Canada), 6 AM to 8 PM, Pacific Time, Monday through Friday, and 7 AM to 4 PM, Pacific Time, Saturday. Days and hours of support are subject to change without notice. Toll or long-distance charges may apply.
Epson offers a recycling program for end-of-life hardware and ink cartridges. Please go to www.epson.com/recycle (U.S.) or www.epson.ca/recycle (Canada) for information on how to return your products for proper disposal.
Need paper and ink?
Ensure brilliant results with Epson specialty papers, engineered specifically for Epson printers. Find specialty papers and Epson Genuine Ink at www.epson.com (U.S. sales) or www.epson.ca (Canadian sales) and at Epson authorized resellers. Call 800-GO-EPSON (800-463-7766).
XP-7100 replacement ink cartridges
EPSON and Claria are registered trademarks, EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark, and Epson Connect is a trademark of Seiko Epson Corporation. Small-in-One is a registered trademark and Designed for Excellence is a trademark of Epson America, Inc.Mac is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Android, Chromebook, Google Cloud Print, and Google Play are trademarks of Google LLC. General Notice: Other product names used herein are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. Epson disclaims any and all rights in those marks. This information is subject to change without notice.© 2018 Epson America, Inc., 5/18Printed