EPSON ET-8500 Small in one Printer User Manual
- Do not open the ink bottles until you are ready to fill the ink tanks. The ink bottles are vacuum packed to maintain reliability.
- The CD/DVD tray is on the bottom of paper cassette 2.
- Remove all protective materials from the product.
- Lift up the scanner unit and remove all protective materials from inside the product.Caution: Do not touch the areas shown inside the product. The printer ships with the transportation lock in the printing position. Do not move it from the printing position.
- Connect the power cord to the back of the product and to an electrical outlet.
Caution: Do not connect to your computer yet.
You can set up your product to print and scan wirelessly from your mobile device or computer using the Epson Smart Panel® app. To use the app, see “Setup from a mobile device” on the back of this sheet. If you do not want to use the app for setup, go to the next section.
Fill ink tanks
Warning: Keep the ink bottles out of the reach of children and do not drink the ink.
Caution: This product requires careful handling of ink. If ink spills, wipe it off immediately with a damp towel to avoid permanent stains. If ink gets on your clothes or belongings, it may not come off
- Press the power button to turn on the product.
- Select your language on the LCD screen.
Note: You can change this setting later using the product’s control panel. For more information, see the online User’s Guide
- Open the ink tank cover, then open the cap for the black (BK) ink tank
- Unpack the black (BK) ink bottle. Hold the ink bottle upright and slowly turn the bottle cap to remove it.
- Insert the ink bottle into the filling port.
- Wait for the ink to fill the tank. Do not squeeze the bottle.
- When the ink tank is full, remove the ink bottle and securely close it with the cap. If any ink remains in the bottle, close the bottle and store it for later use.
- Securely close the black ink tank cap.
- Repeat the previous steps for the other colors.
- Close the ink tank cover and lower the scanner unit.
- When the message to see the Start Here sheet appears on the LCD screen, press and hold OK for 5 seconds.
- Follow the instructions on the LCD screen and select Start to start charging the ink. Ink charging takes approximately 7 minutes.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to adjust the print quality of your product.
See the instructions below for loading paper in cassettes 1 and 2.
Note: See the online User’s Guide for a complete list of compatible paper types, sizes, and capacities, and instructions on loading paper in the rear paper feed slot and printing on a CD/DVD/Blu-ray Disc™.
- Make sure the product is done charging the ink, and then lower the front cover.
- Pull out the paper cassette for the paper you are loading.
- Slide the edge guides out.
- Insert paper with the glossy or printable side facedown.
- Slide the edge guides against the paper, but not too tightly. Make sure the paper is under the tabs on the edge guides.
- Keep the cassette flat as you insert it all the way.
- Select the paper settings on the product’s control panel.
- If you are using a Mac or your computer does not have a CD/DVD drive, an Internet connection is required to obtain the product software.
- To print from a Chromebook™, go to www.epson.com/support/chromebookprint (U.S.) or www.epson.ca/support/chromebookprint (Canada) for instructions.
- Make sure the product is NOT CONNECTED to your computer. Windows®: If you see a Found New Hardware screen, click Cancel and disconnect the USB cable.
- Insert the product CD (Windows only) or download and run your product’s software package.
- Follow the instructions on the computer screen to run the setup program.
- When you see the Select Your Connection screen, select one of the following:
- Wireless connection
In most cases, the software installer automatically attempts to set up your wireless connection. If setup is unsuccessful, you may need to enter your network name (SSID) and password.
- Direct USB connection
Make sure you have a USB cable (not included).
- Wired network connection
Make sure you have an Ethernet cable (not included).
Setup from a mobile device
- Download the Epson Smart Panel app from your device’s app store. Do not launch the app yet.
- Press the power button to turn on the product.
- Launch the app and follow its instructions to set up your product.
Mobile and voice-activated printing
- Print directly from your Android™ (v4.4 or later) device*. Simply connect your printer and device to the same network and tap the menu icon to select the print option.
- Turn your mobile device into an intuitive, easy-to-use printing and scanning control center with Epson Smart Panel. Download the app from your mobile device’s app store.
Network setup was unsuccessful.
- Print a network connection report to identify network problems and solutions. See your online User’s Guide for instructions.
- Make sure you select the right network name (SSID).
- If your network has security enabled, make sure you enter your network password (WEP key or WPA passphrase) correctly. Be sure to enter your password in the correct case.
- Restart your router (turn it off and then on), then try to connect to it again.
- If you see a firewall alert message, click Unblock or Allow to let setup continue.
Windows: Click the icon on your desktop or Apps screen to access the online User’s Guide.
Mac: Click the icon in Applications/Epson Software/Guide to access the online User’s Guide.
If you don’t have a User’s Guide icon, go to the Epson website in this section.
Need paper and ink?
Ensure brilliant results with Epson specialty and plain papers, engineered specifically for Epson printers. Find Epson papers and Epson Genuine Ink at www.epson.com (U.S. sales) or www.epson.ca (Canadian sales) and at Epson authorized resellers. Call 800-GO-EPSON (800-463-7766).