Instant DUO CRISP+Air Fryer Multi-User Manual
Welcome to the world of Instant cooking
Thank you for welcoming us into your kitchen. Having families ourselves, we developed the Instant Pot® Duo Crisp™ + Air Fryer to allow busy families and professionals alike to cook healthy, delicious meals more easily and in less time. We have partnered with chefs, authors, and bloggers to compile a collection of recipes that we hope you enjoy! Happy cooking,
- Always operate the appliance on a stable, non-combustible, heat-resistant, level surface.
- The appliance’s outer surfaces may become hot during use. Do not touch hot surfaces. Wear hand protection when opening the Air Fryer and handling hot components. Extreme caution must be used when moving the appliance. Allow the appliance to cool to room temperature before handling or moving.
- Do not rinse the appliance under the tap.
- The cooking chamber contains electrical components. To avoid electrical shock, do not put liquid of any kind into the cooking chamber
- This appliance is NOT to be used by children or by persons with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used near children and these individuals. Children should not play with, clean, or perform maintenance on this appliance. 8. Unplug from the socket when not in use, as well as before adding or removing parts or accessories, and before cleaning. To unplug, grasp the plug and pull from the socket. Never pull from the power lead. 9. Avoid contact with moving parts.
Special Cord Set Instructions
As per CE safety requirements, a short power supply cord is provided to reduce the hazards resulting from grabbing, entanglement, and tripping. This appliance has a 3-prong grounding plug. To reduce the risk of electric shock, plug the power cord into a grounded (earthed) electrical outlet that is easily accessible.
- Remove all packaging material from, in, and around the oven, as well as all accessories from inside the oven chamber.
- Follow Care & Cleaning instructions in this manual to clean the oven before first use.
- Place the oven on a stable, level surface, away from combustible material and external heat sources. Leave at least 5” of space around the oven.
- Do not place the oven on a stovetop.
- Do not place anything on top of the oven.
- Do not block the air vents.
- Read the Important Safeguards in this User Manual before using the oven. Failure to read and follow Important Safeguards may result in damage to the oven, damage to property, or personal injury.
Product, Parts, and Accessories
Duo Crisp + Air Fryer 8 Quart
Before using the Instant Pot Duo Crisp, verify that all parts are accounted for. Pressure Cooking Lid Use the following programs with the pressure cooking lid: Pressure Cook, Sauté, Slow Cook, Steam, Sous Vide, Delay Start and Keep Warm. These programs do not air fry.
Lid Standing Position
Did you notice that the cooker base handles have a rectangular slot in them? Keep your counters dry after lifting the pressure cooking lid by inserting the left or right lid fin into the corresponding slot on the cooker base. Once the lid is safely in the standing position, it’s easy to remove the inner pot.
- Time Display The countdown timer indicates cooking and Delay Start time in hour format (05:20 is 5 hours, 20 minutes). The timer counts up while in Keep Warm.
- Temperature / Pressure Display Pressure Cooking Lid: The display indicates Lo (Low) or Hi (High) pressure or temperature level. Note: When using the Sous Vide Smart Program, the display indicates the temperature in ºF (Fahrenheit) or ºC (Celsius). Air Fryer Lid: Display indicates the temperature in ºF (Fahrenheit) or ºC (Celsius).
- LED Indicators Illuminate to indicate the active Smart Program and settings selected.
- Smart Programs
Pressure Cooking Lid:
- Pressure Cook
- Slow Cook
- Sous Vide
Air Fryer Lid:
- Air Fry
- Smart Program Settings
- + / – Temp
- + / – Time
- Delay Start
- Keep Warm
Smart Program Settings
Cancel and Standby Mode
Press Cancel to stop a Smart Program at any time. The display returns to Standby mode and indicates OFF.
Turn Sound On/Off
When in Standby mode, press and hold + over Time until the display indicates S On (sound on) or SOFF (sound off). Note: Error alerts cannot be silenced.
Set a Delay Start Timer
Delay Start may be applied to the Pressure Cook, Slow Cook, and Steam Smart Programs. Set Delay Start for a minimum of 10 minutes to a maximum of 24 hours.
- Select a Smart Program and adjust the settings as you desire, then press Delay Start. Note: Once Delay Start has been selected, there is no way to return to the cooking settings. To adjust Smart Program settings, press Cancel and enter new selections.
- When the timer flashes, use the + / − Time buttons to adjust the delay time. E.g., 02:00 indicates that cooking will start after 2 hours.
- Press Delay Start again to toggle to the minute’s field and follow the same process as the previous step.
- Press Start to begin. The timer begins counting down.
- When Delay Start reaches 00:00 the Smart Program begins. The display indicates On and the cooker starts to Preheat.
Automatically Keep Food Warm After Cooking
Keep Warm is on by default on the Pressure Cook, Slow Cook, and Steam Smart Programs. To turn automatic warming off, select an applicable Smart Program then press Keep Warm. The LED indicator dims to indicate that the setting is off.
Cleaning Before First Use
Remove the inner pot from the cooker base and wash it with hot water and dish soap. Rinse with warm, clear water and use a soft cloth to dry the outside of the inner pot. Note: The inner pot is dishwasher safe. Wipe the heating element with a soft cloth to ensure there are no stray packaging particles present before returning the inner pot to the cooker base.
Wash the accessories with hot water and dish soap before using them for the first time, and then after each use. Rinse with warm, clear water and use a soft cloth to dry the accessories. To assemble the multi-level air fryer basket:
- Place the multi-level air fryer basket base on a stable surface.
- Position the air fryer basket over the base and press down firmly. The teeth on the base should pop into the groove on the outside of the basket.
- To easily lift and position the broil/dehydrating tray, hold the large holes in the middle of the tray with 2 fingers.
- Insert the broil/dehydrating tray into the multi-level air fryer basket, ensuring that the raised rim is facing down.
Note: The air fryer basket must be used with the stainless steel inner pot.
Before cooking, always ensure the heating element is clean and dry before inserting the inner pot into the cooker base. Failure to do so may damage the cooker. The inner pot is an integral part of product safety. Food must be placed in the inner pot, and never directly in the cooker base. To avoid personal injury or damage to the appliance, replace a deformed or damaged inner pot. Use only authorized Instant Pot inner pots made for this model when cooking.
Overview of Pressure Control Features
When the pressure cooking lid is closed, the sealing ring installed on the underside of the lid creates an air-tight seal between the lid and the cooker base. The sealing ring must be installed before using the cooker and should be cleaned after each use. Only 1 sealing ring should be installed in the lid when using the cooker. Use one for sweet dishes and one for savory. Sealing rings stretch over time with normal use. As an integral part of product safety, the sealing ring should be replaced every 12-18 months or sooner if stretching, deformation, or damage is noticed.
Remove the Sealing Ring
Grip the edge of the silicone and pull the sealing ring out from behind the circular stainless steel sealing ring rack. With the sealing ring removed, inspect the rack to ensure it is secured, centered, and at an even height all the way around the lid. Do not attempt to repair a deformed sealing ring rack.
Install the Sealing Ring
Place the sealing ring over the sealing ring rack and press it into place. Press down firmly to ensure there is no puckering. When installed properly, the sealing ring is snug behind the sealing ring rack and should not fall out when the lid is turned over.
The float valve provides a visual indication of pressure within the cooker and appears in 2 positions.
The float valve and silicone cap work together to seal in pressurized steam. These parts must be installed before use and should be cleaned after each use.
Remove the Float Valve from the Lid
Place one finger on the flat top of the float valve, then turn the lid over. Detach the silicone cap from the bottom side of the float valve. Remove the float valve from the top of the lid. Do not discard the float valve or silicone cap.
Install the Float Valve
Drop the narrow end of the float valve into the float valve hole on the top of the lid. Place one finger on the flat top of the float valve, then turn the lid over. Firmly attach the silicone cap to the bottom of the float valve. Do not attempt to operate the pressure cooker without the float valve and/or silicone cap properly installed in the pressure cooking lid.
The condensation collector sits at the back of the cooker base and accumulates overflow moisture from the condensation rim. It should be installed before cooking, then emptied and rinsed out after each use.
Remove the Condensation Collector
Pull the condensation collector away from the cooker base; do not pull it down. Note the tabs on the cooker base and the grooves on the condensation collector.
Install the Condensation Collector
Align the grooves on the condensation collector over the tabs on the back of the cooker base and slide the condensation collector into place.
Pressure cooking uses steam pressure to raise the boiling point of water above 100ºC / 212ºF. This energy-efficient cooking method is the fastest way to thoroughly cook a variety of your favorite meals.