Presto Bento Electric Cooker Owner Manual
To reduce the risk of personal injury or property damage when using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
- Read all instructions before using the waffle maker.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
- To protect against the risk of electrical shock, never put the cord, plug, or unit in water or other liquids.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning the appliance.
Important Cord Information
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to modify the plug in any way.
A short power supply cord is provided to reduce the risk of becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord. Extension cords may be used if care is properly exercised in their use.If an extension cord is used, the marked electrical rating of the extension cord should be at least as great as the electrical rating of the appliance. The cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over unintentionally.Connect the power supply cord to a 120VAC electrical outlet only.
Before using for the first time, become familiar with the waffle maker features (Fig. A). Wash the waffle
tongs and wipe the waffle grids with a damp cloth before initial use.
How to Use
- Gather the ingredients for the batter and filling.Do any prep work required for the filling, such as thawing, cooking, or slicing of foods. (See pages 3 through 6 for helpful hints, recipes, and batter/filling options.)
- Place the waffle maker on the countertop in the open position. Then squeeze the waffle tongs handle and fit the waffle tongs in the unit; the circular portion fits on the ledge surrounding the grids and the handle sets on the handle rest (Fig. A). Always preheat the waffle maker with the waffle tongs in the unit (Fig. B).
- Close the unit and keep it in the horizontal position for preheating (Fig. D, page 3). Plug the cord into a 120VAC electrical outlet and preheat for 10 minutes. (The power light will be on whenever the unit is plugged in.)
NOTE: When using the waffle maker for the first time, a slight odor or smoking may occur as internal manufacturing residue burns off. This is normal during initial use.
- While the unit is heating, prepare the waffle batter.
- Open the waffle maker. Pour batter into the waffle maker so that the bottom grids and waffle divider are thinly, but completely covered. This is about ⅓ cup of batter.
- Add the desired filling:
- Fill to the point that is halfway between the bottom and top of the square projections (Fig. C). It is important to leave enough room so you can fully cover the filling with the layer of batter described in step 7.
- Leave a thin margin between the filling and the inside edge of the tongs (Fig. C).
The total amount of filling generally should not exceed ½ cup to prevent overfilling.
MEAT (Raw or frozen meat must be cooked before adding to waffle.) Bacon, Canadian bacon, chicken strips, ham, pepperoni, pulled pork, sausage
CHEESE American, Cheddar, feta, Monterey Jack, mozzarella, provolone, Pepper Jack, Swiss FRUIT (Frozen fruit must be thawed and drained thoroughly before adding to waffle.) Apple, banana, peach, pineapple, and strawberry slices; berries (such as blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries); pie filling; dried
VEGETABLES Avocado, olives, green onion, and pepperoncini slices; diced red and green peppers; cilantro; spinach leaves.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1¾ cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk milk, eggs, and oil in a medium bowl. Whisk milk mixture into dry ingredients just until dry ingredients are thoroughly moistened. Preheat waffle maker with waffle tongs in unit. Follow instructions on pages 2 and 3, cooking waffles for 7 minutes.
Care, Cleaning, and Storage
- Always unplug and allow the cooker base to cool before cleaning.
- Never immerse the cooker base in water or any other liquid. Wash the inside of the cooker base with a damp, soapy cloth. Rinse by pouring water into the compartments, being careful not to drip the water onto the outside of the base. If necessary, add soapy water to the base, plug the unit in, and heat briefly to loosen food debris. Gently scrub the surface with a nylon mesh pad, such as a Scotch-Brite* Multi-Purpose Scrub Sponge or Scotch-Brite* Dobie*Cleaning Pad as needed. Do not use steel wool or abrasive cleaners.
- Wash the egg holder, fork, spoon, and cover in warm, soapy water. Rinse and dry thoroughly. Only the egg holder is dishwasher safe (top rack).
- For storage, wrap the cord around the tabs on the back of the base (Fig. B).
Consumer Service Information
If you have any questions regarding the operation of your Presto® appliance or need parts for your appliance, contact us by any of
- Call 1-800-877-0441 weekdays 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (Central Time)
- Email us through our website at www.GoPresto.com/contact
- Write: National Presto Industries, Inc., Consumer Service Department
- 3925 North Hastings Way, Eau Claire, WI 54703-3703
IMPORTANT: Please go online and register this product within ten days of purchase. Proper registration will serve as proof of purchase in the event your original receipt becomes misplaced or lost. Registration will not affect warranty coverage but may expedite the processing of warranty claims. The additional information requested will help us develop new products that best meet your needs and desires. To register the product, visit www.GoPresto.com/registration or simply scan this QR code. If you do not have computer access, contact the Consumer Service Department at 1-800-877-0441.
Presto® Limited Warranty
This quality Presto® appliance is designed and built to provide many years of satisfactory performance under normal household use. Presto pledges to the original owner that should there be any defects in material or workmanship during the first year after purchase, we will repair or replace it at our option. Our pledge does not apply to damage caused by shipping.
Outside the United States, this limited warranty does not apply. To obtain service under the warranty, please call our Consumer Service Department at 1-800-877-0441. If unable to resolve the problem, you will be instructed to send your Presto® appliance to the Presto Factory Service Department for a quality inspection; shipping costs will be your responsibility.
When returning an appliance, please include your name, address, phone number, and the date you purchased the appliance as well as a description of the problem you are encountering with the appliance. We want you to obtain maximum enjoyment from using this Presto® appliance and ask that you read and follow the instructions enclosed.
Failure to follow instructions, damage caused by improper replacement parts, abuse, misuse, disassembly, alterations, or neglect will void this pledge. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. This is Presto’s personal pledge to you and is being made in place of all other express warranties. National Presto Industries, Inc. Eau Claire, WI 54703-3703