Presto Power Crisp Microwave Cooker Manual
To reduce the risk of personal injury or property damage when using this appliance, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
- Read all instructions. Do not leave the unit unattended while in use.
- Use caution when touching the bacon cooker when it contains hot drippings.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner or in a heated oven.
- Do not use the bacon cooker for other than intended use.
How To Use
- Place the three racks upright in the slots in the bacon cooker drip tray,
- Drape the desired number of bacon slices over the racks. Three to four slices will fit on each rack depending on the width of the bacon slices. For best cooking results, do not overlap the bacon slices.
NOTE: Some bacon stretches easily and, as you place it on the racks, it may touch the bottom of the drip tray. This is okay since the bacon will shrink as it cooks.
- Cover the bacon with one piece of paper towel to reduce spattering. NOTICE: Paper towels should be free of recycled paper to be safe for microwave use.
- Place the bacon cooker in the center of your microwave oven and set the microwave cook time, allowing at least 40 seconds per slice of bacon being cooked. Begin cooking. Cooking time will vary from 40 to 90 seconds per slice, depending on the microwave and the type, thickness, and fat content of the bacon. Remain near the microwave oven during cooking.
- When the bacon is done, carefully remove the bacon cooker from the microwave oven using the handles on the bacon cooker. Use caution when handling the bacon cooker when it contains hot drippings.
- Carefully remove the paper towel. Remove the bacon from the racks by sliding a knife up under the bacon and lifting upward. Flip the bacon over onto a plate covered with paper towels and flatten the bacon out. For best results, remove bacon from racks immediately after cooking.
Cleaning and Storage
Allow racks and drippings to cool slightly. Then, carefully remove racks from the tray and pour drippings from any of the four corners of the tray for disposal. Wash racks and trays in hot, soapy water or wash in the dishwasher on the rack farthest away from the heating element. This is usually the top rack. Do not use abrasive cleaners on the bacon cooker. Stack the racks in the drip tray for compact storage.
Consumer Service Information
If you have any questions regarding the operation of your PRESTO appliance or need parts for your appliance, contact us by any of
- Call 1-800-877-0441 weekdays 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (Central Time)
- Email us through our website at www.GoPresto.com/contact
- Write: National Presto Ind., Inc.
Consumer Service Department
3925 North Hastings Way
Eau Claire, WI 54703-3703
Presto® Limited Warrant
(Applies only in the United States)
This quality Presto® appliance is designed and built to provide many years of satisfactory performance under normal household use. Presto pledges to the original owner that should there be any defects in material or workmanship during the first year after purchase, we will repair or replace it at our option.
Our pledge does not apply to damage caused by shipping. Outside the United States, this limited warranty does not apply.
To obtain service under the warranty, please call our Consumer Service Department at 1-800-877-0441. If unable to resolve the problem, you will be instructed to send your Presto® appliance to the Presto Factory Service Department for a quality inspection; shipping costs will be your responsibility.
When returning an appliance, please include your name, address, phone number, and the date you purchased the appliance as well as a description of the problem you are encountering with the appliance.
We want you to obtain maximum enjoyment from using this Presto® appliance and ask that you read and follow the instructions enclosed. Failure to follow instructions, damage caused by improper replacement parts, abuse, misuse, disassembly, alterations, or neglect will void this pledge. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. This is Presto’s personal pledge to you and is being made in place of all other express warranties.
National Presto Industries, Inc.,
Eau Claire, WI 54703-3703