Presto HeatDish Electric Heater User Manual
When using electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock, injury to persons, and hyperthermia including the following:
- Read all instructions before using this heater.
- This heater is hot when in use. To avoid burns, do not let bare skin touch hot surfaces. Use the handle when moving this heater. Keep combustible materials, such as furniture, pillows, bedding, papers, clothes, and curtains at least 3 feet (.9 m) from the front of the heater and keep them away from the sides and rear.
- Extreme caution is necessary when any heater is used by or near children or invalids and whenever the heater is left operating and unattended.
- Always unplug the heater from the wall outlet when not in use.
- Do not operate this heater with a broken element or ceramic cone, with a damaged cord or plug, after the heater malfunctions, or after it has been dropped or damaged in any manner. Discard the heater or return it to the Presto Factory Service Department for examination and/or repair.
Important Cord and Plug Information
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to
fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a
qualified electrician. Do not attempt to modify the plug in any way. Connect the power cord to a 120VAC electrical outlet only.
Adjusting Tilt Position/Carrying Heater
The heater features a tilt mechanism that allows you to adjust the angle of the heat output (Fig. C) with a feather touch. While holding onto the handle, tilt the parabolic reflector upward to aim the heat high, low, or anywhere in between. Tilt the heater down for compact storage. It locks in place only in this position. Thus, when carrying the heater from room to room, first place the heater in the storage position, then pick it up by its handle. Always adjust the parabolic dish to the desired tilt position before plugging it in. Remember that when the heater is in the storage position and plugged in, it will buzz and not heat.
The heater has three safety features: an automatic safety switch, a manual reset button, and a warning buzzer. The automatic safety switch turns the unit OFF and the warning buzzer sounds (if the element is energized) whenever the heater is moved or is placed on a non-level surface. The buzzer also sounds like the heater is turned on when in the storage position.
Although chiefly intended as a warning of tip-over, the switch will also shut the heater off and the buzzer will sound as an additional safeguard if a child or animal moves the heater. To ensure that you are aware that an overheating situation has occurred, the heater will turn off and buzz until you manually reset it. To reset, press the red recessed POWER RESET button located on the top of the heater between the dish and the control knob.
Positioning the Heater
When positioned correctly, the parabolic heater will keep you toasty warm. Follow these suggestions for maximum warmth:
- Point the front grille toward the area in which heat is desired and use the tilt feature to aim the heat right where you want it.
- Check to make sure there are no objects between you and the heater. Such objects will absorb the heat and prevent it from reaching you.
- Place the heater at least 3 feet but no more than 10 feet away. The parabolic design of the reflector focuses heat on persons 3 to 10 feet away. Thus, for your entire body to enjoy the heat produced by the heater, it must be placed at least 3 feet from you. Placing it closer will turn the heater into a foot warmer, rather than a body warmer. Experiment with various positions until you find the one that is right for you.
- Remember, this unit is primarily a people heater rather than a room heater, and using it to heat a large room or open area is not recommended. The infrared heat produced by this heater will travel through glass, just like the sun’s rays. If the heater is aimed at a window, objects outside will be heated.
Care, Cleaning, and Storage
Allow the heater to cool completely before cleaning, caring for, or storing it. Also, be sure the heater is turned off and unplugged.
- Do not pour or spray any water, cleaners, or any liquid on or into any portion of the heater. Do not submerge the heater in any liquid.
- Use a soft, lint-free, damp cloth and a mild detergent to clean the exterior surfaces. Harsh or abrasive cleaners will damage the finish.
- Occasionally, the parabolic reflector inside the grille will need to be cleaned to remove dust and dirt accumulation. To remove dust and dirt from the parabolic reflector, you may purchase a specially designed cleaning device such as the one offered on the Important Instructions sheet enclosed. You may also clean the reflector by following these simple steps: 1) Unplug the heater and allow it to cool; 2) support the heater on its back; 3) slip a soft, lint-free cloth through the grille;
- If the heater does not work properly after cleaning and following the reset instructions, contact the Consumer Service Department at 1-800-877-0441 or at www.GoPresto.com/contact.
- Wind the cord around the built-in cord wrap for convenient storage. Keep the heater in a dry location.
- Grasp the handle and tilt the heater down to the storage position. You will feel and hear it lock in place.
Please go online and register this product within ten days of purchase. Proper registration will serve as proof of purchase in the event your original receipt becomes misplaced or lost. Registration will not affect warranty coverage, but it may expedite the processing of warranty claims. The additional information requested will help us develop new products that best meet your needs and desires. To register the product, visit www.GoPresto.com/registration or simply scan this QR code. If you do not have computer access, contact the Consumer Service Department at 1-800-877-0441 for assistance with registration.
Consumer Service Information
If you have any questions regarding the operation of your Presto® appliance or need parts for your appliance, contact us by any of
- Call 1-800-877-0441 weekdays 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (Central Time)
- Email us through our website at www.GoPresto.com/contact
- Write: National Presto Industries, Inc., Consumer Service Department
3925 North Hastings Way, Eau Claire, WI 54703-3703
Inquiries will be answered promptly by email, telephone, or letter. When emailing or writing, please include a phone number and a time when you can be reached during weekdays if possible. When contacting the Consumer Service Department, please indicate the model and the series numbers for the coffee dispenser. These numbers can be found on the bottom of the keg. Please record this information.
The Presto Factory Service Department is equipped to service Presto® appliances and supply genuine Presto® parts. Genuine Presto® replacement parts are manufactured to the same exacting quality standards as Presto® appliances and are engineered specifically to function properly with its appliances. Presto can only guarantee the quality and performance of genuine Presto® parts. “Look-alikes” might not be of the same quality or function in the same manner. To ensure that you are buying genuine Presto® replacement parts, look for the Presto® trademark.
Please go online and register this product within ten days of purchase. Proper registration will serve as proof of purchase in the event your original receipt becomes misplaced or lost. Registration will not affect warranty coverage, but it may expedite the processing of warranty claims. The additional information requested will help us develop new products that best meet your needs and desires. To register your product, visit www.GoPresto.com/registration or simply scan this QR code. If you do not have computer access, call the Consumer Service Department at 1-800-877-0441.
Presto® Limited Warranty
This quality Presto® appliance is designed and built to provide many years of satisfactory performance under normal household use. Presto pledges to the original owner that should there be any defects in material or workmanship during the first year after purchase, we will repair or replace it at our option. Our pledge does not apply to damage caused by shipping. Outside the United States, this limited warranty does not apply.
To obtain service under the warranty, please call our Consumer Service Department at 1-800-877-0441. If unable to resolve the problem, you will be instructed to send your Presto® appliance to the Presto Factory Service Department for a quality inspection; shipping costs will be your responsibility. When returning an appliance, please include your name, address, phone number, and the date you purchased the appliance as well as a description of the problem you are encountering with the appliance.
We want you to obtain maximum enjoyment from using this Presto® appliance and ask that you read and follow the instructions enclosed. Failure to follow instructions, damage caused by improper replacement parts, abuse, misuse, disassembly, alterations, or neglect will void this pledge. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. This is Presto’s personal pledge to you and is being made in place of all other express warranties.
National Presto Industries, Inc. Eau Claire, WI 54703-3703