SCOSCHE Wireless Hands-Free Car Kit Manual
- Bluetooth® hands-free calling and music streaming
- 2 USB charging ports for charging mobile phones and other devices
- A2DP Bluetooth calling audio streaming
- HFP Bluetooth hands-free calling
- FM transmitter frequency range: 87.5-107.9MHZ
- Input power: 12-24VDC
- USB output (per port): 5V, 2.4A (12W)
WIRELESS HANDS-FREE CAR KIT
- A Dual 5V, 2.4A Charging Ports
- B FM Channel Display
- C Multi-Function Button
- D Microphone
- E 12V Plug
- F 3.5mm AUX OUT (cable includec)
- G Channel Button
POWER UP & BLUETOOTH PAIRING
Follow these steps to power up and pair your BTFREQ to your mobile device.
- Plug the BTFREQ into your car’s 12V power socket.
- Enter the Bluetooth settings in your device and enable the Bluetooth function. From the list of available accessories, find and select the “Scosche BTFM5”.
- Your phone will confirm once it is connected.
CONNECTING TO YOUR CAR’S STEREO
The BTFREQ has a small FM radio transmitter that can broadcast to your car’s stereo.
- Find a weak station on your FM radio that has no active broadcast signal.
- Press the “CH” button (A), then turn the Multi-Function Button/Knob left or right (B) to tune the BTFREQ to match the frequency of your FM radio (C).
- If you experience interference you may have entered an area where there is an active broadcast signal on the station you are tuned to. Repeat the above steps to find a different clear station. Note: Press “CH” button to change frequencies on BTFREQ (A).
OPTIONAL AUX OUT CONNECTION FOR NON-BLUETOOTH DEVICES
Mobile devices without Bluetooth can be connected to the BTFREQ through the AUX OUT port using included 3.5mm audio cable.
USING THE BTFREQ
Once you have paired the BTFREQ to your phone (see Power up and Pairing section) and have connected the BTFREQ to your stereo you can begin using your BTFREQ.
Stream music using the music player on your phone. You can use the controls on the BTFREQ to control the music settings:
- Play/Pause -Tap the MFB/K once (A)
- Track Forward -Turn MFB/K to the right (B)
- Track Back-Turn MFB/K to the left (C)
Making a call
Use your mobile phone to make a call as you normally would. Phone call audio will automatically stream through the BTFREQ.
- Hang Up -Tap the MFB/K once (A)
- Redial last number called -Double tap MFB/K (A)
Receiving a call
Phone call will come in through the BTFREQ.
- Press MFB/K once to answer the call (A)
- Press MFB/K once to end the call (A)
- Press and hold MFB/K to reject the call (A)
Voice assistant activation
Press and hold the Multi-function button for 3 seconds to activate your smartphone’s voice assistant.
Your BTFREQ includes two 2.4A USB charging ports to charge your devices while driving. Simply connect using a cable suitable for your device (not included).
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. This transmitter must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter. Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radionv technician for help.
This device complies with Industry Canada’s license-exempt RSSs. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) This device may not cause interference; and (2) This device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause
undesired operation of the device. The term “IC:” before the certification/registration number only signifies that the Industry Canada technical specifications were met. This product meets the applicable Industry Canada technical specifications.
For complete warranty details,
please visit us at www.scosche.com or call (800) 363-4490