Veho kZ2-Dash cam User Manual
The Muvi KZ2 Drive Cam (VDC-003-KZ2) is the perfect solution to capture your journey in 4K. This manual will show you how to set up and operate the camera. Please read and follow this manual carefully to ensure that you maximize every capability of your camera. Keep this manual safe for future reference.
Tips on capturing the best footage
- Position the camera so that it does not distract or obstruct the driver’s view (we recommend behind the rearview mirror).
- Ensure both the inside and outside of the windscreen are clean and dry so the mount adheres securely.
- The camera’s view should not be obstructed, ensure it is within the ‘wiper zone’.
- Angle the camera so the amount of sky in the camera view is reduced. Too much sky will cause the camera to overexpose and make the road appear darker.
- We recommend formatting your microSD card at least once every two weeks, this will ensure invisible memory is cleared and reduce the risk of file corruption. Formatting the card will completely wipe all data from the card, back up any files you wish to keep before formatting.
- Switch the camera off before removing the microSD card to prevent any damage to the card.
- The Muvi KZ2 supports microSD cards with up to 128GB capacity. We recommend using a U3 grade card from a well-known brand such as SanDisk, Toshiba, or Samsung.
DO NOT try to adjust the camera position or try to access or change the camera settings whilst driving. Use the camera safely and according to the laws in your country. You use this camera at your own risk.
What’s in the box?
- Muvi KZ2 Drive Cam
- Windscreen suction mount
- 12v Power adapter
- 2m USB cable
- Quick start guide
Guide to controls
- LCD screen
- Menu button
- Left/Up button
- Right/Down button
- OK/Confirm button
- Power button
- Camera lens
- AV IN port
- Bracket mount
- USB port
- microSD card slot
- Reset button
- Video recording icon
- microSD card icon
- Motion detection
- Date stamp
- Video resolution
- Battery level indicator
- Microphone audio
- Video duration
Installing the KZ2
- Ensure both the inside and outside of the windscreen are clean and dry so the mount adheres securely and the camera’s view is not obstructed.
- Position the camera so that it will not obstruct the driver’s view (we recommend behind the rearview mirror).
- Stick the mount into position, ensuring it is fully secure.
Charging the KZ2
Before using the Muvi KZ2 for the time it is essential that the camera is fully charged. Using the supplied 12v cable connects the camera to the vehicle’s 12v output port. We recommend leaving the camera connected to a power source when in use.
During normal operation, the camera will automatically start recording when the vehicle engine is switched on and stop recording when the engine is switched off. The footage will be automatically saved to the microSD card. Should you need to start recording manually press the ‘OK’ button when on the camera home screen. The video timer will start indicating that the camera is recording. Press the ‘OK’ button again to stop recording. If you are involved in a collision the G-sensor function will be triggered, this will lock the camera footage for 5 seconds before and after the incident. This footage will then be protected from being overwritten by the loop recording feature.
To playback recorded footage using the Muvi KZ2 set the camera to ‘Record/Photo/Stand-by’ mode then press and hold the ‘Right/Down’ button for 3 seconds (approx). Once in playback mode, use the ‘Left’ and ‘Right’ buttons to scroll through the footage, then press the ‘OK’ button to view the selected footage.
When the camera is in ‘Record/Photo/Stand-by’ mode press and hold the menu button to toggle between Record/Photo/Stand-by. Once in Photo mode press the ‘OK’ button to take a single photo.
Timed and Automatic photo capture
Timed photo mode has settings of 3, 5, 10, or 20 seconds. When this mode is enabled it lets you set an interval from when the ‘OK’ button is pressed to a single photo is taken. It takes one photo only. Automatic photo mode has settings of 3, 10, 15, 20, or 30 seconds. When this mode is enabled it lets you set an interval from when the ‘OK’ button is pressed to a single photo is taken. It takes continuous photos until you click the ‘OK’ Button again to stop. These two modes can not be used together.
Using a microSD card
Before using a new microSD card you will need to format the card using the camera, you can do this in the camera settings. We recommend formatting your microSD card at least once every two weeks, this will ensure invisible memory is cleared and reduce the risk of file corruption. Formatting the card will completely wipe all data from the card, back up any files you wish to keep before formatting. If formatting through a computer, the card should be in FAT32 format. Supports microSD cards with up to 128GB capacity. We recommend using a U3 grade card from a well-known brand such as SanDisk, Toshiba, or Samsung. Please note Veho is not responsible for the loss of any data.
To transfer footage from the Muvi KZ2 onto your PC using the USB data cable. Connect the camera to your PC and switch the camera on, your PC will recognize the camera as a third-party device use File Explorer to access the footage. Alternatively, use a microSD card reader.
- Model Muvi KZ2 Drive Cam
- DSP Hi3559 V200
- LCD 3.0” IPS LCD (360 x 640)
- Lens 6G 140°
- Video resolution 4K/2.7K/1080P
- Video format H.264 /H.265
- Photo resolution 16M/13M/8M
- Photo format JPG
- Power input Mini USB port 5V/2.5A
- Voltage/working current DC3.7V/230mAh
- Working temperature -15° ~ +65°
- Battery Built-in Li-ion battery 150mAh
- Speaker 0.8W
- Microphone Supported
- Loop recording Seamless loop video – 1 minute, 2 minutes, 3 minutes
- microSD card Not included. We recommend using a U3 grade card from a well-known
- brand. Supports cards with up to 128GB capacity
- Date & time stamp Supported
- Motion detection Supported
- Portable disk Supported
- G-Sensor Supported
- Frequency 50Hz/60Hz
- Dimensions 86.5mm x 57mm x 16.5mm (35mm with lens)
- Net weight 70g
To access the camera settings press the ‘Menu’ button. Browse the menus by using the ‘Left/up’ & ‘Right/down’ buttons. Select a category by pressing the ‘OK’ button. Below are some of the settings you can edit:
- Video resolution
- Coding type
- G-sensor detection
- Timed shutdown
- Date and time
- License plate watermark
- Loop recording time
- Parking mode
- Photo resolution
- Screen sleep
- Motion detection
- Format microSD card
- Factory reset
To exit the menu, press the ‘Menu’ button again, this will return you to the home screen.
- Do not disassemble, repair, or modify your camera or power-related accessories.
- Do not adjust or operate the camera whilst driving.
- Avoid installing the camera where it may obstruct the driver’s view or airbag deployment.
- Avoid exposing your camera to extended periods of humidity and/or heat as this may reduce the product’s lifespan.
- Do not spray water or cleaning agents directly onto the camera. This may cause a fire, electric shocks, or other malfunctions.
- Only use the Muvi KZ2 power adapter supplied with your camera. Other power adapters may create a safety hazard or damage the camera.
- Do not use damaged power adapters or cables.
- In certain cars, the power may be constantly supplied to the camera even with the engine turned off. This may drain the vehicle’s battery.
- Keep the camera away from heaters or other hot objects. Store at lower temperatures to reduce the rate of
self-discharge of the battery.
- Do not leave the camera in the car when not in use.