Zagg Limitless Full-Size Universal Bluetooth Keyboard User Manual
Welcome to the most comfortable, natural, and unlimited mobile typing experience available. Your new Zagg Limitless Keyboard pairs with up to three Apple®, Android™, and Windows® devices at the same time. Mix and match devices according to your needs and let the hassle of re-pairing each time you change devices fade to a distant memory. The following will show you how to operate your Limitless Keyboard. Now, get ready to experience truly limitless mobile typing.
PAIRING YOUR DEVICES
Your Limitless Keyboard can pair with up to three devices – each on a different operating system if you like. It even pairs with your desktop computer to save valuable desk space, or with your Smart TV for ultimate convenience. To pair your favorite device, just follow these instructions:
- Insert your device into the built-in stand by setting it in the stand and then letting it lean back. Your Limitless Keyboard will secure it at an ideal viewing angle. You can set your devices in the stand in either portrait or landscape mode – though we recommend landscape mode for tablets. Skip this step when pairing with your desktop computer.
- Turn your Limitless Keyboard on by sliding the power switch to the On position. The LED above the Delete key will light green for two seconds to indicate the power is on.
- With the power on, begin the pairing process by accessing the Bluetooth® settings on your device and ensuring the connection is on.
- Press and hold one of the Bluetooth keys ( , , or ) for three seconds. The LED above the Delete key will flash blue indicating your keyboard is in pairing mode. It does not matter which key you use first, and you do not need to use all three.
Program your keyboard based on what type of device you are pairing. During pairing, complete the following keystrokes for your device:
- Windows: fn + W
- Apple: fn + I
- Android: fn + A
- This allows your Limitless Keyboard to perform keyboard shortcuts and functions specific to your devices.
- Your device will display “Zagg Limitless” as an available device. Select this option and complete the pairing process for your device. Once paired, the blue LED will stop flashing. Once begun, if the Limitless Keyboard doesn’t complete pairing with a device after 60 seconds, it will abort the process. Repeat steps 3-5 to complete pairing.
- Repeat steps 4-5 to pair your Limitless Keyboard to other devices. When paired with other devices, simply press , , or to toggle between them.
- To turn your Limitless Keyboard off, slide the power switch to the Off position. A red LED will light to indicate your keyboard has powered down.
SPECIAL FUNCTION KEYS
Your Limitless Keyboard features all of the special function keys you’re used to that help you work and play. Here’s how to use your favorite functions.
- RETURN – Returns to your last open program/app – ONLY for use with Android devices.
- BLUETOOTH 1 – Pairs your Limitless Keyboard with your preferred device. If you have paired with a second or third device, (see below) press or to instantly switch to that device.
- BLUETOOTH 2 – Pairs your Limitless Keyboard with a second device. If you have paired with a first or third device, press or to instantly switch to that device.
- BLUETOOTH 3 – Pairs your Limitless Keyboard with a third device. If you have paired with a first or second device, press or to instantly switch to that device.
- HOME – Opens your device’s home screen.
- APPS RUNNING – Opens a list of the apps your device is currently running
- SEARCH – Opens your device’s search function
- TRACK BACK – Tracks backward on your current playlist. Note: This key won’t do anything unless you have a playlist open.
- PLAY/PAUSE – Plays and pauses your current playlist.
- TRACK FORWARD – Tracks forward on your current playlist. Note: This key won’t do anything unless you have a playlist open.
- MUTE – Mutes your device’s audio.
- VOLUME UP – Increases your device’s volume output.
- VOLUME DOWN – Decreases your device’s volume output.
- DELETE – Deletes text from right to left.
- START – Functions as the Windows key when you’re using Windows devices.
- MENU – Opens your Android device’s menu.
- ALT/OPT – Functions as the Alt or Option key depending on the device you’re using.
- BACKLIGHTS – Press fn + Backlight key to activate the backlights. Press again to turn the backlights o. For backlit model only.
- CHANGE COLORS – Press fn + Change color key to cycle through the seven backlight colors. For backlit model only.
CHECKING BATTERY LIFE
Your Limitless Keyboard can provide up to one year of regular typing per charge. Checking how much battery it has left is easy – here’s how: CHECK BATTERY – Press fn + Ctrl. The LED above the delete key will flash one of three ways:
- Three green flashes = full battery.
- Three yellow flashes = approximately half battery.
- Three red flashes = low battery. When your Limitless Keyboard reaches critical battery level, the LED will flash red once every five minutes.
- To help preserve battery life, your Limitless Keyboard will enter hibernation mode if left on and not used for 20 minutes. Press any key to wake your keyboard.
CHARGING YOUR KEYBOARD
Your Limitless Keyboard features a built-in battery that keeps you typing for up to one year between charges*. The battery has no memory so can be charged whenever you wish. Here’s how to recharge it:
- Connect the micro USB end of the included charging cable to the Limitless Keyboard’s charging port.
- Connect the USB end of the charging cable to your preferred USB charging outlet. The LED will light red and stay lit until your Limitless Keyboard is fully charged.
- When the red LED turns off, your Limitless Keyboard is fully charged. Disconnect the charging cable and enjoy up to one year of spacious typing before you need to charge it again. *Based on one hour of use per day. Using the backlit feature will reduce battery life and require more frequent charging
If your device does not respond to your Limitless Keyboard, there may be a simple explanation such as a dead battery or an unsuccessful pairing. Please use the following to help troubleshoot your situation. If none of the following solve your issue, then please contact Zagg Customer Service and one of our trained professionals will be happy to assist you.
- Reset your Limitless Keyboard by turning it o and then back on. The LED will light green for one second and then begin flashing red. This indicates the reset process has happened. Your keyboard will then begin charging.
- Let your keyboard charge for one minute, or until it is fully charged if it was at a critical battery level.
- If the LED does not light and your keyboard still doesn’t operate correctly, contact Zagg Customer Service at 1-800-700-ZAGG (9244).
- If your device gives you an error message during pairing, repeat the pairing process. If it still does not pair, reset the keyboard as described in step one of this troubleshooting section.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
This device complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
- Health Warning: Take frequent breaks when using your keyboard. If you experience any discomfort, pain, tingling, numbness, or burning in your neck, shoulders, arms, wrists, hands, or any other part of the body, stop using your keyboard and consult a physician.
- Use only micro USB chargers in connection with your keyboard.
- Do not attempt to service your keyboard.
- Do not disassemble or attempt to disassemble your keyboard.
- Do not crush or puncture your keyboard.
- Do not immerse your keyboard in water.
- Do not put your keyboard in contact with water or other liquids as they could cause a short circuit, fire, or electric shock which could result in serious injury, death, or property damage.
- Do not use liquid, or aerosol cleaners, or solvents on or near your keyboard. Clean only with a soft, dry cloth. Disconnect any cords before cleaning the keyboard.
- Do not use your keyboard while operating a motorized vehicle, including automobile, boat, or airplane. Doing so could put you and others at risk of serious injury, death, or property damage.
- Do not use or place your keyboard near any heat sources including, but not limited to, radiators, heat registers, stoves, other appliances, campfires, or barbeque grills.
- To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, wire or connect your keyboard to products only in the manner instructed in the documentation supplied herewith. Do not attempt to modify or adjust any ports. Any improper connections or adjustments may cause damage.
- When you are ready to discard your keyboard, recycle your keyboard in a manner consistent with electronic recycling requirements or recommendations in your geographic area.