AVIANCA D1 Wireless Sport Headset User Manual
Contents of the package
- D1 Bluetooth headset
- Three sizes of earplugs
- Charger cable
- All weatherproof covers
- Bluetooth version: 4.1
- Profile Support: HSP/HFP/A2DP/AVRCP
- Micro USB port for charging cable
- Battery: Rechargeable lithium polymer battery 3.7V; 120mAh
- Audio time: 6 h
- Talking time: 8 h
- Standby time: about 200 hours
Instructions for use
Charging the speaker headset
The right side earplug contains a micro USB cable port. Connect the headset utilizing the micro USB cable to a USB adapter (not supplied) and connect the adapter to the mains (power outlet). Alternatively, you can connect the micro USB cable directly to a suitable energy source such as your computer’s USB port. After about 2 hours the headset will be completely charged.
Pairing the speaker headset to your Bluetooth device
- Press and hold the button for a minimum of 5 seconds when the headset is set to off. Red and/or blue lights will turn on and you will then hear “Power on” over the speakers. Hold down the button until you hear the word “Pairing”.
Pairing the Bluetooth device may, depending on the mobile device to be paired, vary slightly from the steps below. In that case please follow the instructions in the manual of your mobile device.
For iOS devices
- Enter the ‘Settings’ menu. If necessary, activate the Bluetooth functionality.
- The headset will appear in the list of Bluetooth devices. Click the device and wait until the pairing has been carried out.
For Android devices
- Go to ‘Apps’ and find the ‘Settings’ menu. Open the menu. If necessary, activate the Bluetooth functionality.
- The device will automatically detect all Bluetooth devices in its vicinity. If it does not, please click on ‘Scan’ until your headset appears in the list.
- Click on your headset and wait until the pairing has been carried out. Click on ‘OK’ when you are asked to confirm the device.
Near field communication Important:
Make sure your mobile operating system is above Android 4.11 with NFC support. At the moment of writing this manual, no other operating systems support NFC for third-party devices.
Pairing the first time
- Put the D1 Sports Headset on your head to make sure you hear the voice prompts
- Make sure the D1 Sports Headset is switched off.
- Switch on the NFC functionality on your smartphone. Please refer to the manual of your smartphone for instructions on how to turn on NFC.
- Hold the NFC area of your smartphone to the NFC area of the earbud in your left ear until you hear “Power On” and “Pairing”. This can take up to 10 seconds. Note: Your smartphone will give you a pop-up message when you hear “Power On”, but it can only be added when the headset is in pairing mode, so make sure you hear“Pairing”.
- On the screen of your smartphone, add the device and wait until you hear “Your headset is connected.
Once you have paired the D1 Sports Headset with your phone through NFC, you can hold the NFC area of your smartphone to the NFC area of the D1 Sports Headset, and it will automatically connect once you hear “Power On”.
Disconnecting and switching off
To disconnect the D1 Sports Headset, hold the NFC area of your smartphone to the earbud in your left ear until you hear “Your headset is disconnected”. Hold for about 6 seconds, until you hear “Power off”.
Operating the headset
- Activating/deactivating headset: Press briefly
- Incoming calls: Press briefly to answer and finish, and press at least 2 seconds to ignore the call.
- Next song: Press
- Previous song: Press
- Voice-command dial: Press and hold or to activate. Repress and hold or deactivate. Note: not supported by all devices. Please refer to the manual of your Bluetooth device for further instructions
- Volume: Press or button briefly
- Keep the product away from sharp objects.
- Don’t place heavy objects on top of the product.
- Don’t use any (chemical or organic) liquids with the product.
- Keep the product away from heating sources.
Clean the product with a moist cloth. Don’t use any chemical liquids or oil!
Problems and solutions
My mobile device does not find the headset in the list of Bluetooth devices
- Check whether the headset is within a 10-metre range of the Bluetooth device.
- Check whether the red and/or blue lights on the headset are lit, indicating that Bluetooth has been activated.
- Click on ‘scan’ or ‘search’ to start another search for devices in the vicinity.
- Keep the button pressed for 5 seconds to have a new Bluetooth synchronization carried out.
I am not able to activate the headset
- The battery may be empty. Charge the battery minimally for 1 to 2 hours employing a micro USB cable and try to activate the headset again.
The headset does not charge
- Check whether the headset has been correctly connected to the micro USB cable.
- Check whether the micro USB cable has been correctly connected to either a USB adapter and mains or directly to a power source such as your laptop.