Bose Surround Speaker User Manual
WHAT’S IN THE CARTON
Confirm that the following parts are included:
May ship with multiple power cords. Use the power cord for your region.
NOTE: If any part of the product is damaged, do NOT use it. Contact your authorized Bose dealer or Bose customer service.
To avoid wireless interference, keep other wireless equipment 1 – 3 ft. (0.3 – 0.9 m) away from the wireless receivers. Place the speakers and wireless receivers outside and away from metal cabinets, other audio/video components and direct heat sources.
|Place the speakers on their rubber feet on a stable and level surface. Place the speakers at ear height or higher in the back of the room.
If placing the speakers in an enclosed bookcase shelf, position them at the front edge of the shelf.
For a sound that is directed straight at the listener, aim the speakers in towards the listener.
For a sound that reflects off the walls to fill the room, aim the speakers out towards a rear or side wall.
|Confirm that the switch on one wireless receiver is set to R (right). Confirm that the switch on the other wireless receiver is set to L (left). Facing the TV, place the speaker and R wireless receiver on the right
side of the room.
Facing the TV, place the speaker and L wireless receiver on the left side of the room.
Make sure there is an AC (mains) outlet near each wireless receiver.
Mount the speakers
You can mount the speakers on wall brackets, ceiling mounts, floor stands or table stands. To purchase these accessories, visit Bose.com or contact your local Bose dealer.
CAUTION: Only use Bose hardware to mount the speakers. Using unauthorized mounts may damage your Bose system and its components.
WIRELESS RECEIVER SETUP
CONNECT THE ADAPTERS
- Using the screwdriver, turn the screws to the left (counter-clockwise) to loosen the wire terminals.
- Insert the red, stripped end of the two-pin cable marked H into the red H terminal.
- Insert the black, stripped end of the two-pin cable into the silver z terminal.
- Using the screwdriver, turn the screws to the right (clockwise) to secure the wires into the terminals.
- Repeat steps 1 – 4 to connect the other adapter.
CONNECT THE BOSE SURROUND SPEAKERS TO POWER
- Connect the power cord to the wireless receiver.
- Plug the other end of the power cord into an AC (mains) power outlet.
- Repeat steps 1 – 2 to connect the other speaker to power.
Connect to a soundbar
- In the Bose Music app, select your soundbar.
- Go to the Settings menu to add your surround speakers.
New to the Bose Music app?
- On your mobile device, download the Bose Music app.
- Follow the app instructions.
SURROUND SPEAKER STATUS
The light on the front of the wireless receiver shows the system status.
|Connected to the soundbar
|Downloading a software update
|Solid amber (dim)
|Disconnected from the soundbar
|Ready to connect to the soundbar
|Error – contact Bose customer service
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
CLEAN THE SURROUND SPEAKERS
Clean the exterior of the surround speakers with a soft, dry cloth.
- Do NOT allow liquids to spill onto the surround speakers or into any openings.
- Do NOT use any sprays near the surround speakers.
- Do NOT use any solvents, chemicals or cleaning solutions containing alcohol, ammonia or abrasives.
- Do NOT allow objects to drop into any openings.
REPLACEMENT PARTS AND ACCESSORIES
Replacement parts and accessories can be ordered through Bose customer service.
Your surround speakers are covered by a limited warranty. Visit our website at global.Bose.com/warranty for details of the limited warranty.To register your product, visit global.Bose.com/register for instructions.Failure to register will not affect your limited warranty rights.
TRY THESE SOLUTIONS FIRST
If you experience problems with the surround speakers:
Unplug the power cords for the wireless receivers and soundbar, wait 30 seconds and plug them firmly into a live AC (mains) outlet.
Secure all cables.
Move the surround speakers and soundbar away from possible interference (wireless routers, cordless phones, televisions, microwaves, etc.).
If you could not resolve your issue, see the table below to identify symptoms and solutions to common problems. If you are unable to resolve your issue, contact Bose customer service.
ACCESS YOUR SOUNDBAR OWNER’S GUIDE
For instructions and troubleshooting specific to your soundbar, refer to your soundbar owner’s guide. Visit:
Bose Smart Soundbar: worldwide.Bose.com/Support SoundTouch 300 soundbar: global.Bose.com/Support/ST300