Presto Dual Basket ProFry User Manual
To reduce the risk of personal injury or property damage when using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
- Read all instructions.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
- To protect against the risk of electrical shock, do not immerse the cord, plug, or egg cooker base in water or other liquids.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used near children.
- Unplug from the outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow cooling before putting on and taking off parts.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, or in the event, the appliance malfunctions or is dropped or damaged in any manner. Return this appliance to the Presto Factory Service Department for examination, repair, or electrical or mechanical adjustment.
- The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may cause injuries. Use only genuine Presto® accessory attachments and replacement parts.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not let the cord hang over the edge of the table or counter or touch hot surfaces.
- Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner or in a heated oven.
- Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot oil or other hot liquids.
- Do not use this appliance for other than intended use.
Before First Use
Become familiar with the various parts of the deep fryer and read the instructions carefully. Remove all packing material. The cord assembly and the handle for the fryer cover will be inside one of the baskets. Attach the handle to the fryer cover by sliding it into the cover opening, as shown, until you hear it snap in place. Before first use, wipe the control panel with a damp cloth. Carefully clean the heating element with hot, soapy water, taking care not to immerse the control panel in water.
To avoid electrical shock, never immerse the control panel, or cord, plug in water, or wash in a dishwasher. Lift the removable pot out of the base and wash the pot, fry/steam baskets, and fryer cover in hot, soapy water. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
The deep fryer is equipped with a sensor that will automatically shut the unit off if it is overheated. Overheating can occur if the unit is heated without or with an insufficient amount of oil or water. It can also occur when using solid fat or older oil that has become thick. Should the unit shut off, unplug it and allow the unit to cool. Determine what caused the overheating and correct it, e.g., if you planned to deep fry and there is no oil in the fryer, add oil. Then, with the tip of a Phillips screwdriver, press the red RESET button on the back of the control panel. The unit will NOT operate until it is reset.
Important Safety Information
- Hot oil can cause serious and painful burns. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- Oil and water do not mix. The combination can be dangerous. Accordingly, before pouring oil into the removable pot be sure that the pot and all parts are COMPLETELY DRY. In addition, before placing food in a deep fryer, always remove ice crystals and excess moisture from food by patting it dry with paper towels. When the oil is heated, any water droplets in the oil superheat, becoming a volatile steam that can cause hot oil to spatter, boil over, or even erupt out of the deep fryer.
- Use caution when frying dough, such as beignets, donuts, dumplings, hushpuppies, and fritters. These foods may develop air bubbles during heating, which may burst and cause burns. Use a slotted spoon or tongs, rather than a fork, to turn food during frying and to remove food from the oil.
- Use caution when frying flour tortillas. Flour tortillas contain air bubbles. During frying, oil can become trapped within these bubbles. If not properly drained, the bubbles can burst and cause burns. Accordingly, after frying, carefully raise the tortillas out of the vegetable oil and allow them to drain for approximately 30 seconds.
How to Use for Frying
- Position the base in the center of a clean, dry, level, stable, and heat-resistant surface. Always use the handles on the base when lifting or moving the appliance. Never lift or move appliances using the control assembly.
- . Place the removable pot in the base.
- Attach the control assembly to the base by aligning the two guides on the front of the control panel with the two tracks on the exterior of the base. Slide the control assembly down as far as it goes, making sure both guides are in the tracks.
- Place the cover on the deep fryer for preheating.
- Attach the cord to the unit by aligning the magnetic plug end with the two electrical pins located on the back of the control panel. The plug can be attached in either direction.
IMPORTANT: The magnetic cord was designed to detach easily from the fryer. As a result, if it is bumped or touched during use it could possibly detach causing the unit to stop heating. Avoid contact with the cord during operation. If contact occurs, verify that the cord is still properly connected.
Do not use a cover while frying french fries and other high-moisture foods. For crisper foods, fry without the cover. The following times are approximate and based on the maximum recommended amounts of food. Fill each basket no more than ¾ full for most foods. When frying homemade fries, fill the basket only ½ full.
Handling Oil after Frying
After frying foods, allow the oil to cool. To strain oil for reuse, place a funnel into the original oil container or other airtight container and line the funnel with a filter or a double thickness of cheesecloth. Slowly pour oil into the funnel. Store the oil in a cool, dark area. The number of times the oil can be reused will depend on the type of oil used and the food that is fried in it.
For example, the oil will need to be replaced more often if fish or food coated with bread or cracker crumbs is fried frequently. Replace the oil if it is dark in color, has an unpleasant odor, smokes when it is heated or foams excessively during frying.
Consumer Service Information
If you have any questions regarding the operation of your Presto® appliance or need parts for your appliance, contact us by any of
- Call 1-800-877-0441 weekdays 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (Central Time)
- Email us through our website at www.GoPresto.com/contact
- Write: National Presto Industries, Inc., Consumer Service Department
3925 North Hastings Way, Eau Claire, WI 54703-3703
Inquiries will be answered promptly by email, telephone, or letter. When emailing or writing, please include a phone number and a time when you can be reached during weekdays if possible. When contacting the Consumer Service Department, please indicate the model and the series numbers for the coffee dispenser. These numbers can be found on the bottom of the keg. Please record this information.
The Presto Factory Service Department is equipped to service Presto® appliances and supply genuine Presto® parts. Genuine Presto® replacement parts are manufactured to the same exacting quality standards as Presto® appliances and are engineered specifically to function properly with its appliances. Presto can only guarantee the quality and performance of genuine Presto® parts. “Look-alikes” might not be of the same quality or function in the same manner. To ensure that you are buying genuine Presto® replacement parts, look for the Presto® trademark.
Please go online and register this product within ten days of purchase. Proper registration will serve as proof of purchase in the event your original receipt becomes misplaced or lost. Registration will not affect warranty coverage, but it may expedite the processing of warranty claims. The additional information requested will help us develop new products that best meet your needs and desires. To register your product, visit www.GoPresto.com/registration or simply scan this QR code. If you do not have computer access, call the Consumer Service Department at 1-800-877-0441.
Presto® Limited Warranty
This quality Presto® appliance is designed and built to provide many years of satisfactory performance under normal household use. Presto pledges to the original owner that should there be any defects in material or workmanship during the first year after purchase, we will repair or replace it at our option. Our pledge does not apply to damage caused by shipping. Outside the United States, this limited warranty does not apply.
To obtain service under the warranty, please call our Consumer Service Department at 1-800-877-0441. If unable to resolve the problem, you will be instructed to send your Presto® appliance to the Presto Factory Service Department for a quality inspection; shipping costs will be your responsibility. When returning an appliance, please include your name, address, phone number, and the date you purchased the appliance as well as a description of the problem you are encountering with the appliance.
We want you to obtain maximum enjoyment from using this Presto® appliance and ask that you read and follow the instructions enclosed. Failure to follow instructions, damage caused by improper replacement parts, abuse, misuse, disassembly, alterations, or neglect will void this pledge. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. This is Presto’s personal pledge to you and is being made in place of all other express warranties.
National Presto Industries, Inc. Eau Claire, WI 54703-3703