Presto Easy store electric Egg Cooker User Manual
To reduce the risk of personal injury or property damage when using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
- Read all instructions.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
- To protect against the risk of electrical shock, do not immerse the cord, plug, or egg cooker base in water or other liquids.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used near children.
- Unplug from the outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow cooling before putting on and taking off parts.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, or in the event, the appliance malfunctions or is dropped or damaged in any manner. Return this appliance to the Presto Factory Service Department for examination, repair, or electrical or mechanical adjustment.
- The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may cause injuries. Use only genuine Presto® accessory attachments and replacement parts.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter or touch hot surfaces.
- Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner or in a heated oven.
- Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot oil or other hot liquids.
- Do not use this appliance for other than intended use.
Important Cord Information
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to modify the plug in any way. A short power supply cord is provided to reduce the risk of becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord.
An extension cord may be used if care is properly exercised in its use. If an extension cord is used, the marked electrical rating of the extension cord should be at least as great as the electrical rating of the appliance. The extension cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over unintentionally. Connect the power supply cord to a 120VAC electrical outlet only.
Egg Cooker Tips
- Always wash hands, surfaces, and utensils that have come in contact with raw eggs.
- Before and after cooking, store eggs on the lower shelf in your refrigerator at a temperature of or below 40°F.
- Check eggs for cracks before cooking. If eggs have superficial cracks, they are best used for poaching or in baking rather than hard-, medium-, or soft-cooking. Cracks in eggs may allow some of the contents to leak out during cooking.
- Piercing eggs before cooking should be avoided. Bacteria can enter the egg if the piercer or needle is not sterile. Additionally, piercing causes superficial cracks in the shell through which bacteria can enter after cooking.
- The eggs are cooked by steam, and it is the amount of water used that determines the cooking time. It may be necessary to adjust the cooking time to achieve the degree of doneness you prefer. Use additional water to increase the cooking time and the doneness of the eggs; use less water to reduce the cooking time.
Care, Cleaning, and Storage
- Always unplug and allow egg cooker to cool before cleaning.
- Wash the cooking tray, poaching trays, measuring cup, and cover in warm, soapy water. Rinse and dry thoroughly. The cooking tray and poaching trays are dishwashers safe (top rack); however, the measuring cup and cover should NOT be washed in the dishwasher.
- When exposed to steam, some egg shells leave a residue on the surface of the water reservoir. To remove, wash the surface of the reservoir with a damp cloth. If necessary, gently scrub the surface with a nylon mesh pad, such as a Scotch-Brite* Multi-Purpose Scrub sponge. Do not use steel wool or abrasive cleaners. When needed, wipe the egg cooker base with a damp cloth. Never immerse the egg cooker base in water or any other liquid.
- Mineral content in water varies from place to place. In some areas, this may result in the formation of mineral deposits on the surface of the water reservoir. To remove the deposits, pour 1 cup of water and 1 cup of vinegar into the reservoir. Plug in the unit and heat for 10 minutes. Unplug and allow the solution to cool. Pour out a solution. Wipe the surface with a damp cloth, then dry.
- For storage, turn the base over and wrap the cord counterclockwise under the four tabs on the bottom of the base (Fig. D). Then insert the plug prongs into the slots to secure the cord. Turn the base right side up and stack the parts onto the base as follows: poaching trays, cooking tray, measuring cup, and cover. Secure the cover to the base with the latches.
For convenience, use the included measuring cup when making eggs. The following guide is a reference for cooking times and water volume, should you need it. The amount of water and times in the cooking guide below are for medium to large eggs that have been removed from refrigeration just prior to cooking. Cooking times may vary depending on household voltage, altitude, and personal preference. If you prefer firmer eggs, allow the eggs to remain in the cooker 1–2 minutes after the buzzer sounds. If eggs are too firm, use slightly less water.
Please go online and register this product within ten days of purchase. Proper registration will serve as proof of purchase in the event your original receipt becomes misplaced or lost. Registration will not affect warranty coverage but may expedite the processing of warranty claims. The additional information requested will help us develop new products that best meet your needs and desires. To register the product, visit www.GoPresto.com/registration or simply scan this QR code. If you do not have computer access, contact the Consumer Service Department at 1-800-877-0441.
Consumer Service Information
If you have any questions regarding the operation of your Presto® appliance or need parts for your appliance, contact us by any of
- Call 1-800-877-0441 weekdays 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (Central Time)
- Email us through our website at www.GoPresto.com/contact
- Write: National Presto Industries, Inc., Consumer Service Department
3925 North Hastings Way, Eau Claire, WI 54703-3703
Inquiries will be answered promptly by email, telephone, or letter. When emailing or writing, please include a phone number and a time when you can be reached during weekdays if possible. When contacting the Consumer Service Department, please indicate the model and the series numbers for the coffee dispenser. These numbers can be found on the bottom of the keg. Please record this information.
The Presto Factory Service Department is equipped to service Presto® appliances and supply genuine Presto® parts. Genuine Presto® replacement parts are manufactured to the same exacting quality standards as Presto® appliances and are engineered specifically to function properly with its appliances. Presto can only guarantee the quality and performance of genuine Presto® parts. “Look-alikes” might not be of the same quality or function in the same manner. To ensure that you are buying genuine Presto® replacement parts, look for the Presto® trademark.
Please go online and register this product within ten days of purchase. Proper registration will serve as proof of purchase in the event your original receipt becomes misplaced or lost. Registration will not affect warranty coverage, but it may expedite the processing of warranty claims. The additional information requested will help us develop new products that best meet your needs and desires. To register your product, visit www.GoPresto.com/registration or simply scan this QR code. If you do not have computer access, call the Consumer Service Department at 1-800-877-0441.
Presto® Limited Warranty
This quality Presto® appliance is designed and built to provide many years of satisfactory performance under normal household use. Presto pledges to the original owner that should there be any defects in material or workmanship during the first year after purchase, we will repair or replace it at our option. Our pledge does not apply to damage caused by shipping. Outside the United States, this limited warranty does not apply.
To obtain service under the warranty, please call our Consumer Service Department at 1-800-877-0441. If unable to resolve the problem, you will be instructed to send your Presto® appliance to the Presto Factory Service Department for a quality inspection; shipping costs will be your responsibility. When returning an appliance, please include your name, address, phone number, and the date you purchased the appliance as well as a description of the problem you are encountering with the appliance.
We want you to obtain maximum enjoyment from using this Presto® appliance and ask that you read and follow the instructions enclosed. Failure to follow instructions, damage caused by improper replacement parts, abuse, misuse, disassembly, alterations, or neglect will void this pledge. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. This is Presto’s personal pledge to you and is being made in place of all other express warranties.
National Presto Industries, Inc. Eau Claire, WI 54703-3703