PRESTO Electric Indoor Grill User Manual
Cool Touch Electric Indoor Grill
- Grill all year round! Enjoy delicious grilled food anytime you want, whatever the weather.
- T he healthy way to cook! Raised grid cooking surface allows fat to drip away.
- Slide-out drip tray empties easily.
To reduce the risk of personal injury or property damage, when using electrical appliances basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
- Read all instructions.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
- To protect against electrical shock, do not immerse heat control, cord, or plug in water or other liquid.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning the appliance.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or in the event the appliance malfunctions or has been damaged in any manner. Return the appliance to the Presto Factory Service Department for examination, repair, or adjustment.
- The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may cause injuries.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter or touch hot surfaces.
- Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner or in a heated oven.
- It is recommended that this appliance not be moved when it contains hot oil or other hot liquid.
- Always attach heat control to appliance first, then plug cord into the wall outlet. To disconnect, turn control to “OFF”, then
remove plug from wall outlet.
- Do not use appliance for other than intended use.
Important Cord Information
Connect the power supply cord to a polarized outlet only. As a safety feature, this appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). This plug will only fit in a polarized outlet one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
A short power supply cord (or cord set) is provided to reduce the risk resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord. Extension cords may be used if care is properly exercised in their use. If an extension cord is used, the marked electrical rating of the extension cord should be at least as great as the electrical rating of the appliance.
The extension cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over.
How To Use
Before using for the first time, become familiar with the Indoor Grill features, Fig. A. Wash the Grill according to the “Care and Cleaning” instructions.
- Place Grill on a dry, level, heat resistant surface.
- Insert the Control Master® heat control into the Grill so the two electrical pins on the Grill are fully inserted into the heat control. Connect cord to outlet.
- Turn Control Master® heat control to proper temperature.
The recommended setting for most grilling is 400°. Preheat Grill. The pilot light will go off when selected temperature is reached (this takes approximately 5 to 10 minutes).
- Prepare food for cooking.
- Place food on Grill, and cook according to grilling time chart (page 3). During cooking, the pilot light will go on and off
indicating desired temperature is being maintained.
NOTE: This Grill features a premium nonstick finish for stick‑free cooking. To help protect this special surface, use the nylon
spatula/scraper which was included with your Grill. Using metal utensils or cutting foods on the cooking surface may damage
the nonstick finish.
6. Turn heat control to OFF when cooking is completed. Unplug heat control from wall outlet then from appliance. Allow unit to cool before removing drip pan or cleaning the Grill.
Note: This Grill is not intended to be used as a warming tray.
- Preheat Grill for 5 to 10 minutes for best results.
- Before grilling, trim meat of excess fat to prevent smoking.
- If wooden skewers are used, soak in water for 30 minutes to 1 hour before using to prevent burning.
- Use the nylon spatula/scraper which was included with your Grill or a plastic tongs for turning meat, poultry, and fish. Forks can pierce meat, allowing flavorful juices to escape.
- Marinate or rub lean meat, poultry, and fish with a small amount of vegetable oil to enhance flavors and retain moisture.
- Plastic, resealable bags work well for marinating. Place marinade ingredients, meat, fish, or poultry in bag, seal, mix well, and put in refrigerator for several hours or according to recipe instructions.
- The Grill works well for cooking boneless chicken breasts and thighs; however, cooking bone-in pieces of poultry on the grill is not recommended. Because the surface is not flat, the meat does not evenly contact the grids resulting in long grilling times.
- To speed the cooking time of larger cuts of meat or poultry, tent the Grill with a piece of aluminum foil.
- Prevent the transfer of bacteria by using separate plates for raw and cooked meat, fish, and poultry.
Care and Cleaning
Before initial use and after each subsequent use, wash the Grill and drip tray in the dishwasher or wash in hot, sudsy water, rinse, and
dry. Do not immerse the Control Master® heat control in water or let it come in contact with any liquid.
Note: If you choose to wash the Grill in a dishwasher, the bottom of the Grill will likely discolor due to the caustic nature of the
After each use, while the Grill is still slightly warm, use the spatula/scaper to guide the grease drippings along the grids into the drip
tray. This works best if you hold the spatula at about a 45° angle to make better contact with the grids. The spatula/scaper may also be
used to remove any food residue from the grids.
If washing by hand, clean the nonstick surface with a non-metal cleaning pad, such as Scotch-Brite* Multi-Purpose Scrub Sponge*
or Scotch-Brite* Dobie* Cleaning Pad. Firm pressure can be applied, if necessary. Do not use steel wool or abrasive kitchen cleaners.
The cool touch base on the Grill is easy to keep attractive and looking new. Simply wipe away spills and drips as they occur. Any food
residue remaining can be removed with warm, sudsy water and a cleaning pad. Rinse and wipe dry.
Periodically check the handle attachment screws for looseness. Retighten, if necessary, with a standard slotted screwdriver.
CAUTION: Overtightening can result in stripping of the screws or cracking of the plastic frame.
IMPORTANT: To insure continued accuracy of the Control Master® heat control, avoid rough handling in use and storage.
*Scotch-Brite is a trademark of 3M. Dobie is a trademark of Pechiney Plastic Packaging, Inc.
Consumer Service Information
If you have any questions regarding the operation of your Presto appliance or need parts for your appliance, contact us by any of these methods:
- Call 1-800-877-0441 weekdays 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM (Central Time)
- Email us at our website www.GoPresto.com
- Write: National Presto Industries , Inc .
Consumer Service Department
3925 North Hastings Way, Eau Claire, WI 54703-3703
PRESTO Limited Warranty
This quality PRESTO appliance is designed and built to provide many years of satisfactory performance under normal household use. Presto pledges to the original owner that should there be any defects in material or workmanship during the first year after purchase, we will repair or replace it at our option. Our pledge does not apply to damage caused by shipping. To obtain service under the warranty, return this PRESTO appliance, shipping prepaid, to the Presto Factory Service Department. When returning a product, please include a description of the defect and indicate the date the appliance was purchased.
We want you to obtain maximum enjoyment from using this PRESTO appliance and ask that you read and follow the instructions enclosed. Failure to follow instructions, damage caused by improper replacement parts, abuse or misuse will void this pledge. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. This is Presto’s personal pledge to you and is being made in place of all other express warranties.
NATIONAL PRESTO INDUSTRIES, INC.
Eau Claire, WI 54703-3703