Zagg ID8BSFBBC Messenger Folio Apple Keyboard User Guide
Your ZAGG Messenger Folio™ comes with a one-year manufacturer’s warranty. To activate the warranty, you must register your Messenger Folio as well as keep your purchase receipt. If you purchased your Zagg Messenger Folio from Zagg.com, Zagg has already registered it and has a copy of your proof of purchase. To register your product, please go to www.Zagg.com/faq
INSERTING/REMOVING YOUR DEVICE
To insert your iPad into the Messenger Folio™, align the edge of your tablet so it corresponds with the corner clips located on the inside of the cover. Gently slide the corners of your iPad into the guides. Secure your tablet by aligning its opposite edge with the corresponding lower guide. To remove, simply lift from the lower guide and slide your iPad out.
POWERING ON AND OFF
To turn on your Messenger Folio, press the power key. A green LED on the battery key will briefly illuminate while the keyboard powers up. To turn your Messenger Folio off, press and hold the power key for three seconds. A red LED will flash, indicating your Messenger Folio has turned off.
PAIRING YOUR MESSENGER FOLIO
Pairing your Messenger Folio with your iPad is easy. It should only need to be paired once, using the following directions. If the connection between your tablet and Messenger Folio is ever lost, repeat these steps.
- Access your iPad’s Bluetooth® settings.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth key on the Messenger Folio for three seconds. A blue LED under the power key will flash until your Messenger Folio and iPad are paired.
- Your iPad will display “ZAGG Messenger Folio” as an available device. Select this option to complete the pairing.
Your Messenger Folio features a powerful lithium polymer battery that lasts for up to three months between charges*. It comes with a charging cable you can use to charge your keyboard quickly and conveniently. To charge your Messenger Folio, follow these steps:
- Plug the micro USB connector into the charging port, located at the lower right corner.
- Plug the regular USB connector into any USB outlet.
- A red LED under the power key will illuminate to indicate your Messenger Folio is charging. Wait until this light turns off, indicating a full charge.
- Remove the micro USB connector and enjoy your Messenger Folio for up to three months before you need to charge it again.
Normal use is approximately one hour of use per day
Your Messenger Universal will keep you going for months, but you can check how much power it has remaining anytime you want. To check battery life, press +
- Three green flashes indicate a full battery.
- Three yellow flashes indicate approximately half battery life remaining.
- Three red flashes indicate low battery life. When your Messenger Universal Keyboard reaches critical battery level the LED will flash red once every five minutes.
To help preserve battery life, your Messenger Universal will enter hibernation mode if left on and not used for 20 minutes. Press any key to wake your keyboard.
SPECIAL FUNCTION KEYS
Your Messenger Universal features all of the special function keys you’re used to that help you work and play. Here’s how to use your favorite functions:
- Return – Returns to your last open program/app – ONLY for use with Android devices.
- Home – Opens your device’s home screen.
- Lock – Activates and deactivates your tablet’s sleep mode
- Search – Opens your device’s search function.
- TrackBack – Tracks backward on your current playlist. Note: This key won’t do anything unless you have a playlist open
- Play/Pause – Plays and pauses your current playlist.
- Track Forward – Tracks forward on your current playlist. Note: This key won’t do anything unless you have a playlist open.
- Mute – Mutes your device’s audio.
- Volume Up – Increases your device’s volume output.
- Volume Down – Decreases your device’s volume output.
- Bluetooth – Initiates Bluetooth pairing.
If your iPad does not respond to your Messenger Folio, there may be a simple explanation such as a dead battery or an unsuccessful pairing. Please use the following to help troubleshoot your situation. If none of the following solves your issue, then please contact Zagg Customer Service and one of our trained professionals will be happy to assist you.
- Restart your iPad.
- Turn your Messenger Folio off and back on. You should see the LED illuminate briefly — if not, charge your Messenger Folio.
- After charging, turn your Messenger Folio on. If the LED does not illuminate, and your keyboard doesn’t operate correctly, please contact Zagg’s customer service.
- If your Messenger Folio cannot establish or maintain a Bluetooth connection, reset the Bluetooth module by charging your keyboard.
- Forget and re-pair your Messenger Folio.
- Press the Bluetooth key on your Messenger Folio to activate the Bluetooth signal and watch for the LED to flash blue.
- Your iPad should display “ZAGG Messenger Folio” as an available device. Select it.
- If your iPad gives you an error message, repeat the pairing process.
For more help please see our FAQ section at: www.zagg.com/faq To reach a trained customer service representative, please use one of the following: Zagg.com/support/contact.php | email@example.com 1-800-700-ZAGG  | 00-1-801-839-3906 for international customers
For unparalleled screen and impact protection for your device, we recommend Zagg InvisibleShield® HDX – extreme impact screen protection. ©2015 Zagg Inc. All Rights Reserved. NASDAQ: ZAGG | MADE IN CHINA Bluetooth® is a trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. Zagg®, InvisibleShield®, and Messenger Folio™ are trademarks of Zagg Inc. iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. & other countries. Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, under Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used following the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and the receiver.
- Connect the equipment to an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Any changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate this equipment. This transmitter must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
The product complies with the FCC portable RF exposure limit set forth for an uncontrolled environment and is safe for intended operation as described in this manual. Further RF exposure reduction can be achieved if the product can be kept as far as possible from the user body or set the device to lower output power if such a function is available.
Please read the precautions and operation information before using your keyboard or any accessories that accompany it. Retain this information for future use.
- Take frequent breaks when using your keyboard. If you experience any discomfort, pain, tingling, numbness, or burning in your neck, shoulders, arms, wrists, hands, or any other part of the body, stop using your keyboard and consult a physician.
- Use only micro USB chargers in connection with your keyboard.
- Do not attempt to service your keyboard.
- Do not disassemble or attempt to disassemble your keyboard.
- Do not crush or puncture the keyboard.
- Do not immerse your keyboard in water.
- Do not put your keyboard in contact with water or other liquids as they could cause a short circuit, fire, or electric shock that could result in injury, death, or property damage.
- Do not use liquid or aerosol cleaners or solvents on or near your keyboard. Clean only with a soft, dry cloth. Disconnect any cords before cleaning the keyboard.
- Do not use your keyboard while operating a motorized vehicle, including an automobile, boat, or airplane. Doing so could put you and others at risk of serious injury, death, or property damage.
- Do not use or place your keyboard near any heat sources including, but not limited to, radiators, heat registers, stoves, other appliances, campfires, or barbeque grills.
- To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, wire or connect your keyboard to products only in the manner instructed in the documentation included herewith. Do not attempt to modify or adjust any ports. Any improper connections or adjustments may cause damage.
- When you are ready to discard your keyboard, recycle your keyboard in a manner consistent with electronic recycling requirements or recommendations in your geographic area.