ZAGG Slim Book Go Detachable Keyboard User Manual
Important Safety Instruction
- Use only micro-USB chargers in connection with your keyboard.
- Do not attempt to service your keyboard.
- Do not disassemble or attempt to disassemble your keyboard.
- Do not crush or puncture the keyboard.
- Do not immerse your keyboard in water.
- Do not put your keyboard in contact with water or other liquids as they could cause a short circuit, fire, or electric shock which could result in serious injury, death or property damage.
- Do not use liquid or aerosol cleaners or solvents on or near your keyboard. Clean only with a soft, dry cloth. Disconnect any cords before cleaning the keyboard.
- Do not use your keyboard while operating a motorized vehicle, including automobile, boat or airplane. Doing so could put you and others at risk of serious injury, death or property damage.
- Do not use or place your keyboard near any heat sources including, but not limited to, radiators, heat registers, stoves, other appliances, campfires or barbeque grills.
INSERTING/REMOVING YOUR iPad®
To insert your iPad® into the Slim Book open the Book’s case and remove it from the keyboard (to do this pull
the case up and away from the keyboard). Then, line up your iPad with the holes in the case. Make sure the
camera hole is aligned properly as well as the opening for the Lightning™ cable. When everything is aligned,
set the bottom half of your iPad in the cover and apply light pressure to ensure it is properly settled. Snap the
top half of your iPad into the cover. Check all corners to make sure they have seated properly. When your iPad is secure in the case, you can connect it with the keyboard by placing it in the magnetic trough. Powerful magnets will secure it in place, but also allow you to remove your iPad any time it benefits you. To easily remove your iPad from the case, separate the case from the keyboard, and then gently roll the rubber over mold away from the edges while pressing the tablet from behind. Grasp your tablet’s exposed side and lift/ pull away from the Slim Book.
POWERING ON AND OFF
To turn your Slim Book on, press the Power button. A green LED on the battery key will illuminate briefly while the
keyboard powers up. To turn your Slim Book off, press and hold the Power button for three seconds. A red LED will flash, indicating your Slim Book has turned off.
PAIRING YOUR ZAGG Slim Book
Pairing your Slim Book with your iPad is easy. It should only need to be paired once, using the following directions. If the connection between your iPad and Slim Book is ever lost, repeat these steps.
- On your iPad select: SETTINGS > BLUETOOTH > ON.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth button for three seconds. A blue LED under the Power key will flash until your
Slim Book and iPad are paired.
- Your iPad will display “ZAGG Slim Book” as an available device. Select this option to complete pairing.
Your Slim Book features a powerful lithium polymer battery that lasts up to two years of normal use between charges*. It comes with a charging cable you can use to charge your keyboard quickly and conveniently. To charge your Slim Book, follow these steps:
- Plug the micro USB connector into the charging port.
- Plug the regular USB connector into any 5V USB outlet.
- A red LED under the Power button will illuminate to indicate your Slim Book is charging. Wait until this light turns off, indicating a full charge. It usually takes 2-4 hours to completely charge your Slim Book.
- Remove the micro USB connector and enjoy your Slim Book for up to two years before you need to charge it again.
As mentioned, the Slim Book features a powerful, rechargeable battery that lasts up to two years between charges. To check your Slim Book’s remaining battery power press the battery key. The LED indicator will flash one of three ways.
- Three green flashes indicate 50% or more battery life remaining.
- Three yellow flashes indicate between 25%-49% battery life remaining.
- Three red flashes indicate less than 25% battery life remaining. When your Slim Book reaches critical battery level, the red light will flash once every five minutes.
To help preserve battery life, your Slim Book will enter sleep mode if left on and not used for several minutes. To awaken your Slim Book, press any key. The Slim Book’s battery has no memory and may be charged whenever you wish.
SPECIAL FUNCTION KEYS
Your Rugged Book keyboard has been designed with the following special function keys to give you more control over your tablet:
- HOME: Displays your tablet’s home screen.
- LOCK: Activates and deactivates your tablet’s sleep mode.
- KEYBOARD HIDE/SHOW: Hides or shows your tablet’s on-screen keyboard.
- FN + KEYBOARD HIDE/SHOW (iPad mini ONLY): Hides or shows your tablet’s on-screen keyboard.
- PREVIOUS TRACK: Skips to the previous track on your selected playlist.
- PLAY/PAUSE: Starts or pauses your current playlist.
- NEXT TRACK: Skips to the next track on your current playlist.
- MUTE: Mutes your tablet’s audio.
- SEARCH (FOR iPad mini USE FN + SEARCH): Opens your tablet’s search function.
- SIRI: Opens Siri on your iPad or iPad mini.
- BLUETOOTH: Press and hold for three seconds to pair.
- POWER: Turns your Rugged Book keyboard on and off.
- VOLUME DOWN: Decreases your tablet’s volume.
- VOLUME UP: Increases your tablet’s volume.
- CAPS LOCK: Activates the Caps Lock feature. When Caps Lock is on a blue indicator light will remain lit until it is turned off. To turn Caps Lock off, simply press Caps again.
If your iPad does not respond to your Slim Book there may be a simple explanation such as a dead battery or an unsuccessful pairing. Please use the following to help troubleshoot your situation. If none of the following solve your issue, then please contact ZAGG Customer Service and one of our trained professionals will be happy to assist you.
- Restart your iPad by holding down the home and power button until the Apple® logo appears on the screen.
- Turn your Slim Book off and back on. You should see the LED illuminate briefly, if not, charge your Slim Book.
- After charging, turn your Slim Book on. If the LED does not illuminate, and your keyboard doesn’t operate correctly, please contact ZAGG’s customer service.
- If your Slim Book cannot establish or maintain a Bluetooth® connection, reset the Bluetooth module by charging your keyboard.
- Forget and re-pair your Slim Book. On your iPad, select: SETTINGS > BLUETOOTH > ON. If you see “ZAGG Slim Book” listed as an available device, touch the arrow to the right of it and choose to have your iPad forget the device.
- Push the FN + PAIR buttons on your Slim Book and watch for the LED to flash blue.
- Your iPad should display “ZAGG Slim Book” as an available device. Select it.
- If your iPad gives you an error message, repeat the pairing process.
FCC INTERFERENCE STATEMENT
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation.
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver