Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer User Manual
BREVILLE RECOMMENDS SAFETY FIRST
At Breville we are very safety conscious. We design and manufacture consumer products with the safety of you, our valued customer, foremost in mind. In addition we ask that you exercise a degree of care when using any electrical appliance and adhere to the following precautions.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed including:
- Remove and safely discard any packing materials and promotional labels before using the oven for the first time.
- To avoid choking hazard for young children, remove and safely dispose the protective cover fitted on the power plug.
- Do not use the appliance near the edge of a countertop or table. Ensure the surface is stable, level, heat resistant and clean.
- Do not use on a cloth-covered surface, near curtains or other flammable materials.
- A fire may occur if the oven is covered or touches flammable material, including curtains, draperies, walls, and the like, when in operation.
- Do not use the appliance on (or close to) a hot gas or electric burner, or where it could touch a heated oven or surface.
- Do not let the power cord hang over the edge of a table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
- To avoid electric shock, do not immerse the cord, plug or motor base in water (or other liquids).
- A. 13″ non-stick pizza pan
- B. Wire rack (x 2)
- Reversible for 8 different rack positions.
- C. 9″ x 13″ broiling rack
- D. 9″ x 13″ enamel roasting pan
- E. Air fry/dehydrate basket
- F. Oven light
- G. Door handle
- H. Ventilation slots
- I. Crumb tray
- J. LCD screen
- K. SELECT/CONFIRM dial and ROTATE REMIND button
- L. TEMPERATURE dial/toast and bagel darkness control
- M. TIME dial/toast and bagel slice selection
- N. START/STOP button
- O. OVEN LIGHT button
- P. CONVECTION button
- Q. PHASE COOK button
- R. FROZEN FOOD button
- S. TEMPERATURE CONVERSION button and volume adjustment button
Before first use
This guide is designed for first-time use. For safety and more information, refer to the rest of the Instruction Book.
PREPARING THE OVEN
In order to remove any protective substances on the heating elements, it is necessary to run the oven empty for 20 minutes. Ensure the area is well-ventilated as the oven may emit vapors. These vapors are safe and are not detrimental to the performance of the oven.
- Remove and safely discard any packing material, promotional labels, and tape from the oven.
- Remove the crumb tray, wire racks, broiling rack, roasting pan, air fry/dehydrate basket, and pizza pan from the polyfoam packaging. Wash them with a soft sponge in warm, soapy water then rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Wipe the interior of the oven with a soft, damp sponge. Dry thoroughly.
- Place the oven on a flat, dry surface. Ensure there is a minimum distance of 4″ (10cm) of space on both sides of the appliance and 6″ (15cm) above.
- Insert the crumb tray into the oven.
- Unwind the power cord completely and insert the power plug into a grounded power outlet.
OPERATING YOUR BREVILLE OVEN
- Insert the wire rack into the desired rack position. The rack positions are conveniently printed on the left-hand side of the oven door window. There are four groove positions. The rack can be inserted either facing upwards or downwards to allow two rack positions for each groove.
- Turn the SELECT/CONFIRM dial until the indicator on the LCD screen reaches the desired setting.
- The top figure on the LCD screen indicates the preset cooking temperature for the selected setting. For the TOAST and BAGEL settings it indicates the darkness level. Turn the TEMPERATURE dial to the left to reduce the temperature or to the right to increase the temperature.
- The bottom figure on the LCD screen indicates the preset cooking time for the selected setting. For the TOAST and BAGEL settings it indicates the number of slices. Turn the TIME dial to the left to reduce the cooking time or to the right to increase the cooking time.
- For settings without a preheat cycle (TOAST, BAGEL, BROIL, WARM, PROOF, REHEAT, DEHYDRATE), place the food directly on the wire rack or on the included air fry/dehydrate basket, pizza pan, broiling rack and/or roasting pan. Ensure the food is centered in the oven for the most even cooking.
SHORT CORD INSTRUCTIONS
Your Breville appliance is fitted with a short power supply cord to reduce personal injury or property damage resulting from pulling, tripping, or becoming entangled with a longer cord. If an extension cord is used, (1) the marked electrical rating of the cord set or extension cord should be at least as great as the electrical rating of the appliance, (2) the cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop or table-top where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over unintentionally and (3) the extension cord must include a 3-prong grounding plug.
Care & Cleaning
Before cleaning, ensure the oven is turned off by removing the power plug from the power outlet. Allow the oven and all accessories to cool completely before disassembling and cleaning.
Cleaning the outer body and door
- Wipe the outer body with a soft, damp sponge. A non-abrasive liquid cleanser or mild spray solution may be used to avoid the build-up of stains. Apply the cleanser to the sponge, not the oven surface, before cleaning.
- To clean the glass door, use a glass cleaner or mild detergent and a soft, damp sponge or soft plastic scouring pad. Do not use an abrasive cleanser or metal scouring pad as these will scratch the oven surface.
- Wipe the LCD screen with a soft damp cloth. Apply cleanser to the cloth and not the LCD surface. Cleaning with a dry cloth or abrasive cleaners may scratch the surface.
- Let all surfaces dry thoroughly prior to inserting the power plug into a power outlet and turning the oven on.
Do not immerse the body, power cord or power plug in water or any other liquid as this may cause electrocution.
When cooking food on baking pans or other cooking vessels on multiple wire racks, it is suggested to leave sufficient room between racks and avoid using the top rack position due to proximity to the heating elements. In most cases, rack positions 3 and 7 or 4 and 8 will give the best results. When using air fry/ dehydrate baskets it is not necessary to leave space between rack positions.
Cleaning the crumb tray
- After each use, slide out the crumb tray and discard crumbs. Wipe the tray with a soft, damp sponge. A non-abrasive liquid cleanser may be used to avoid build-up of stains. Apply the cleanser to the sponge, not the tray, before cleaning. Dry thoroughly.
- To remove baked-on grease, soak the tray in warm soapy water then wash with a soft sponge or soft plastic scouring pad. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Always reinsert the crumb tray into the oven after cleaning and prior to inserting the power plug into a power outlet and turning the oven on.
- Ensure the oven is turned off by removing the power plug from the power outlet.
- Allow the oven and all accessories to cool completely before disassembling and cleaning.
- Ensure the oven and all accessories are clean and dry.
- Ensure the crumb tray is inserted into the oven; the broiling rack is inserted into the roasting pan and resting on the wire rack in the middle rack height position.
- Ensure the door is closed.
- Store the appliance in an upright position standing level on its support legs. Do not store anything on top. The only exception is the optional Breville Bamboo Cutting Board and Serving Tray